• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    I'm a sucker for the lays paprika sensations potato chips...

I used to get those low fat oven baked chips, but figured I'd go all out on the one bag of the greasy stuff instead of two of the low fat ones lick

Oh, and anything with 'cream' in the title is an abomination. wink
  1. I love hot chips!

My current favourite potatoe chips are "Blair's Death Rain Buffallo Wing Cauldron Cooked Chips" medium hot.
    They are imported from the US and har to find in Germany, but I know a sorce. lick

I also love Chio (a German brand) x-treme Chili.

http://www.chili-blog.de/wp-content/upl … iChips.jpg
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    Captain Future wrote
    I love hot chips!

My current favourite potatoe chips are "Blair's Death Rain Buffallo Wing Cauldron Cooked Chips" medium hot.
    They are imported from the US and har to find in Germany, but I know a sorce. lick

I also love Chio (a German brand) x-treme Chili.

http://www.chili-blog.de/wp-content/upl … iChips.jpg

I've eaten those, nothing x-treme about them ( but I love chilli and am quite immune to most ) but they are very tasty lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Thor wrote
    I've spent the last two days stuffing myself with almost a kilo of candy I bought cheaply in Sweden (caramel, chocolate, licorice, you name it). Yeah, it's out of control. It's ironic, really...I got this liver disease thing a year and a half ago, and it's just ENLARGED my appetite for this stuff when I should actually cut down. Strange how the brain works that way. When you know you shouldn't really have it, you just want MORE of it. dizzy

It is much easier to focus on eating well, exercising etc. when one does NOT have health issues, for some reason.

lösviktsgodis? lick

ah, thor... you should start posting in the "what are you eating tonight" thread over at... yeah, you know where.

I do prefer swedish candy to norwegian BUT you guys have those whales covered in chocolate. my god, I couldn't get enough of those.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2012
    Lösviktsgodis, yes (or smågodt, as it's called in Norwegian).

You like Hval sjokolade? To be honest, I haven't eaten much of it. Should give it a try.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. precisely! they're heaven. lucky, lucky norwegian.

and you guys have these too: http://b.static.eurofoto.no/images/prod … 03f858.jpg

mouth watering. I should take a trip up to oslo soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah yeah, the nonstop chocolate. I actually bought some of those in Sweden too (at the border). Maybe Nordby-senteret has both Swedish and Norwegian candy. The candy store they have is the biggest one I've ever seen -- I literally feel like a kid in a candy store every time I'm there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    francis wrote
    I'm a sucker for the lays paprika sensations potato chips...

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012
    Weekend! I'll go make spaghetti in about an hour.
    But first: port with some cheese and olives.
    lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    lick

skull angelic
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Bregje wrote
    lick

skull angelic

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2012 edited
    Tonight's menu is popcorn and dark chocolate. Relatively healthy stuff in my world.

And like Bregje, I had pasta too -- with minced beef, tomatoe sauce, mushrooms and red onions. But that's for the FOOD thread.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBlu
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012
    Pringles @Paprika is the best! But I more into tortilla chips these days. "Tangy Cheese" Doritos... my favorite!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2012
    Currently eating these salted French Fries, which contain 25% less fat than other chips. It's perfect when you want a salt kick! (which I do about every waking hour of the day)
    I am extremely serious.
  4. I splurged today on a cookie brand I had never tried before. It was $3.99 for 7.04oz of 12 cookies from an Australia brand called "Arnott's".

This was sold at a store called World Market (carries all kinds of food importanted from around the world, as well as some non food products).

Called Caramel Crowns, and described as "Biscuit topped with delicious gooey caramel and covered in Arnott's REAL CHOCOLATE".

The picture of the cookies on the package present what looks like a fantastically tasty cookie bottom, with a light, yummy looking caramel top/center, with a glowing amber center of some kind of different caramel, all covered in what looks like a caramel shell.

Yes, we all know pictures can be deceiving and products almost never look like the packaging, but at least they're fairly representative. This was NOT.

This was the most deceptive, unforfilling cookie I've probably ever had eaten. What you actually get, is nothing like what is depicted. Instead what you get it: a brown (not dark) chocolate coating, with a cookie bottom that is brown-ish and tastes like some crummy mix of chocolate. The caramel is dark, absolutely nothing like the photo, and doesn't taste very good at all. The entire thing tastes like some kind of poor immitation knock off brand you'd see in stores, sitting not too far away from the brand it's mimicing.

This was NOT tasty. This was not worth $3.99 plus tax. I've litterally had more pleasurable experiences from cheap-O Dollar General brand cookies, in fact that would have been preferable. And cheaper. And would have involved not having to go to and in the mall.

If you see this, SKIP IT. They had some other flavors. I assume all the others are just as crappy tasting and poorly represented on the package.

So, would I buy again or not? Arnott very likely. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. "Good news, everybody!"

About three years ago when Wal-Mart pulled the Reese peanut butter falvored Whoppers off the shelf, I was worried it was discontinued. But K-Mart still carried it. Then it disappeared from K-Mart, so I asumed it was toast.

Today while browsing the candy section of Walgreens, what do I catch? Reese peanut butter flavored Whoppers! Merry Christmas to me.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Just visited my local MD and had a McRib. I heard this is a special in the US. Luckily it a regular sandwich on the German menu at MD.
    I can renounce everything elese fast-food. But I am addicted to that messy thing! Slurp ... cheesy
  7. Wanted something caramel and sugar free. Looked & looked, but couldn't find any sugar free caramel chew squares (I don't think anybody makes them)., so I went for some that you suck on.

Tried a brand called Nice!. Bought it at Walgreens. The back of the bag says it's distributed by Walgreens, but doesn't say who makes it.

Anyway, they're called Caramel Creme Discs, and claims to be "BLOOMING WITH FLAVOR". Indeed, they are quite good. Worth the purchase. Nine pieces, 35 calories, no fat calories, no kind of listed fat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2012
    Sugar free caramel??

That's like milk free cream. Or a vegetarian steak. Caramel is sugar.
  8. Try it first.
  9. This is the "smile GUARANTEE" on the Fun Sweets cotton candy package:

It has been scientifically proven that it is impossible for someone to eat Fun Sweets cotton candy without cracking a smile. In fact we're so confident of this fact that we guarantee it.

DISCLAIMER
    The Fun Sweets smile guarantee applies to typically plesant individuals. If you are a major grouch that doesn't smile at a puppy or a rainbow then even we can't help you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2012
    Just devoured a ton of chips and popcorn today.

I've gained 8-9 kilos since I returned from the US (lack of workout also plays a role, of course), so that must be the last gluttony/chips session for a while. For a guy with as slim build as myself, it looks ridiculous with the kind of stomach I have now.

So.....on January 1st, a new and healthier age arrives!

Yeah, right....
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Just devoured a ton of chips and popcorn today.

I've gained 8-9 kilos since I returned from the US (lack of workout also plays a role, of course), so that must be the last gluttony/chips session for a while. For a guy with as slim build as myself, it looks ridiculous with the kind of stomach I have now.

So.....on January 1st, a new and healthier age arrives!

Yeah, right....

face-palm-mt
    wink

V.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm with you! I gained some weight too and I think I'm officially overweight now.
    It always soothed me to think to myself "well, at least you're not overweight" and now I can't say that anymore!
  11. Bregje wrote
    I'm with you! I gained some weight too and I think I'm officially overweight now.
    It always soothed me to think to myself "well, at least you're not overweight" and now I can't say that anymore!

No boy in his right mind likes emaciated girls.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh come on, stop doing this crap to yourself.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    Bregje wrote

No boy in his right mind likes emaciated girls.
    wink

yeah
    What he said!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Gimme Christina Hendricks over Ann Hathaway anytime!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Eh... I was talking about my health, not my looks... sad

What do you all think? That I'm 16 years old and want size XS?
    I really don't care much about my looks and it's just that I've neglected the healthier food lately and often feel tired and stuffed.
  12. Bregje wrote
    Eh... I was talking about my health, not my looks... sad

What do you all think? That I'm 16 years old and want size XS?
    I really don't care much about my looks and it's just that I've neglected the healthier food lately and often feel tired and stuffed.

Of cause you were speaking about your health. I was just beeing a tiny little bit naughty.
    Have a nice time tonight!