• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    This is the first year I did not make any resolutions. The resolutions I have I already made earlier this year. This summer my body started to protest so I am more aware of what I want, what I can realise, what is important and what isn't.

There are many things I still want to do, but my children are young and my time with them is crucial. I mean they are this age only once and before we know it they are older and we get less important as parents and then we wish we did things differently of course. This is the time, they are growing up now.

So perhaps some of my personal ambitions have to wait, I don't know if I can do both at the same time. It's this time of my life where I am seriously scared to die, because my children are old enough to experience the whole thing and too young to have learned everything I want them to know. I've been thinking of writing a diary for them, so that if anything happens, I can still share many of my thoughts and wishes with them.

All this sounds a bit sad, I know. And I'm not even ill or something! Many people are though.
    I'm just a bit... out of balance (both physically and mentally) and a bit scared. So my resolution would be to listen to myself and enjoy my life with the people around me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    I feel very blessed when I'm able to enjoy the simple things in my life.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. That's the best thing we can do, Tom, the enjoyment, I mean.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    Today for me was an excellent example. I was very much looking forward to going and seeing the new Eastwood film "Gran Torino." Well it didn't happen but Maureen made me a wonderful sandwich, we played Scrabble, took her dog to the park and then for a bath. The afternoon we spent together was priceless. She was asked to make a cake for this evening, a lemon one, and by accident used orange instead. Rather than getting upset we were able to laugh about it.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But you ate it right? biggrin tongue

Good to hear you enjoying her/each others company do much!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Today for me was an excellent example. I was very much looking forward to going and seeing the new Eastwood film "Gran Torino." Well it didn't happen but Maureen made me a wonderful sandwich, we played Scrabble, took her dog to the park and then for a bath. The afternoon we spent together was priceless. She was asked to make a cake for this evening, a lemon one, and by accident used orange instead. Rather than getting upset we were able to laugh about it.
    Thomas

Really pleased for you Tom cool

I play SCRABBLE regularly, one of the great brain boosting games.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We started the game earlier and last night we finished and I won the game 252-250. We were within a few points of each other the entire game. And we both can laugh and tease and realize it is just a game.
    Thomas
  2. That's great. Scrabble is a good mind excercise too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That's great. Scrabble is a good mind excercise too.

Polish SCRABBLE? I'm guessing Z's, J's, W's etc aren't worth many points? cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    While my average score is still climbing in Scrabble I'm usually on the losing end. Our games are usually 300-285. I just bought the official 4th edition of the dictionary.
  3. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    That's great. Scrabble is a good mind excercise too.

Polish SCRABBLE? I'm guessing Z's, J's, W's etc aren't worth many points? cheesy

Z and W are indeed 1 point I think biggrin

J may be 2... Or 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    Z=10 but there are few English words to make with it. By the way I won last night!!!!