• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Just with regard to posting film music topics and such; it seems like you guys keep fairly general threads. So, for example, you've got massive composer-related threads where everything JNH goes, or Williams, or so on and so forth. Do you typically prefer to keep it that way so that new topics about, say, a particular score just go under the main thread of the composer who wrote it? Just curious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2012
    Yes, we do.

Although there are exceptions with certain big assignments -- they sometimes get their own thread. Like LORD OF THE RINGS and all that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, very rare cases. Lotr, conan, star wars, indy, stuff like that; the rest always go under the composers' topic smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Mike, you should join the Now Playing threads. That where all the action is!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Fair enough. Thanks gents. smile
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Mike, you should join the Now Playing threads. That where all the action is!

-Erik-

I don't hardly get to listen to anything anymore except when I'm walking my dog, but nevertheless I'll be your huckleberry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No prob, you can post right when you come home from walk or work!
  4. I tend to avoid the general composer-named topics.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why?
  5. Because anything could be posted there, from their next project down to their toilet habits. I much prefer topics with some specific topic.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012 edited
    Yeah but what would make a mess, imo. See fsm, where can you find anything in there?! Duplicates, rants, personal thoughts, several different topics for each cause but with the same title, for the same score...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012
    I agree with Demetris. It's so neat to have everything in composer threads. Avoids unnecessary repetition. Then I can tolerate the odd-ball spin-off thread once in a while about a given score etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. That's fine. I know most people like it that way. I don't, so I 'mark as read' and move on. Anything I miss I'd probably pick up over at 'messy' FSM.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just keep the board open on 'ALL CATEGORIES', how about others here? I sometimes wonder why certain threads don't get more replies?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Same here. 'ALL CATEGORIES', click to see new discussions and choose any interesting topics. Any composer threads that have had lots of posts tend not to get viewed - lots of posts tend to be either joking banter, new project lists or rants.

Anything worth saying, I assume, is worth a specific topic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I use the Last 24 Hours discussion filter. That way I know what threads are currently active!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Alan, it puzzles me that it bothers you know; i mean it's been like this for ages since scorereviews, it's due to our more relaxed, more pub-oriented friendly group of people-spirit. I, for one, thank God we don't have frantic loonies full of complexes shouting at people and moderating the forum with the gun to the head of anyone who dares talk and act like a natural human being... smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Alan, it puzzles me that it bothers you know; i mean it's been like this for ages since scorereviews, it's due to our more relaxed, more pub-oriented friendly group of people-spirit. I, for one, thank God we don't have frantic loonies full of complexes shouting at people and moderating the forum with the gun to the head of anyone who dares talk and act like a natural human being... smile

yeah

we do get the odd loony tune but thankfully they are very few and far between.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have listenedd to Handel's Messiah, specifically "The Glory Of The Lord", which always moves me to tears when I'm drunk.
    This may be an incredibly wrong thread to post this in, but it's the first one I clicked on, which amused me greatly.

Likely I will delete any post I make, shame-facedly, come tomorrow morning.

Quite.

Rather.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I have listenedd to Handel's Messiah, specifically "The Glory Of The Lord", which always moves me to tears when I'm drunk.
    This may be an incredibly wrong thread to post this in, but it's the first one I clicked on, which amused me greatly.

Likely I will delete any post I make, shame-facedly, come tomorrow morning.

Quite.

Rather.

Good morning you old skunk kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not if I save the forum first wink cheers buddy, have a good rest !
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, indeed. I love you all. You are my bestest buddies.

Fuck. It's only MONDAY! cry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Demetris wrote

I know it's been like this since scorereviews and I have no problems with it being this way. I am just saying that I have chosen my own set of rules for what I want to view, based upon my experiences over the years.

You may be confusing what I said with an equivalent type of environment on other messageboards. That's not what I mean. "Rants", for example, don't need to be loony protestations that means nothing to anyone save for the poster and a few people on a short fuse. Everything tends to be very good-natured and very rarely do things get out of hand. But there are some of it I prefer to avoid. And a lot of it tends to be signposted by increased numbers of posts in composer-themed topics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You mean anything that has to do with Zimmer? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh God. I only have the *vaguest* recollection of posting here last night. What did I do?
    shame
    Apologies, guys.
    That wasn't off-topic. That was off-my-head.
    shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anyway, to quickly pass beyond and ignore this embarassing interlude (which I, holding the dread Ban button, would advise the community at large to follow suit in): I don't use any filter, nor a selection of forums.
    I generally just look what's active and happening and see if I can participate there, sometimes more coherently than others ( angry Shut up.).

When I'm truly of a mind to address something that I know (or gather) has been posted on before, I'll drag up that thread.

So it's all pretty laid back as far as I'm concerned. No real 'communication plan'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Oh God. I only have the *vaguest* recollection of posting here last night. What did I do?
    shame
    Apologies, guys.
    That wasn't off-topic. That was off-my-head.
    shame

Judging by my own drunken rants, I'd say you managed pretty well. smile
    I am extremely serious.