• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008
    What are you looking forward to in the upcoming year?

Mine include...
    Prince Caspian - Harry Gregson-Williams
    Horton Hears A Who - John Powell
    Jumper - John Powell
    Nim's Island - Patrick Doyle
    ALL 6 SCORES that Zimmer is supposedly composing (probably half of them will be re-assigned to lesser RC guys)
    Star Trek - Michael Giacchino
    The Happening - James Newton Howard
    Defiance - James Newton Howard
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited
    Just one...

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

And Star Trek... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I've never listened to any of the Indiana Jones scores (I know the March but who doesn't?) so Indiana Jones is only interesting to me in the sense of it being a new Williams score after 2 and a half years...I'd be more excited if his last few scores were more interesting...I love Williams but most of that love is focused towards the man of previous decades....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    I've never listened to any of the Indiana Jones scores (I know the March but who doesn't?)

shocked

What the bloody hell?

Dood, do yourself a favour and make finding these three scores your first priority after reading this. You are missing out on three classic scores.

As for the last few Williams scores not being interesting... are you mad? All four of Williams' scores from 2005 are must haves. All were composed using different styles covering a wide variety of genres. From the adventure sounds of Revenge of the Sith, to the raw, terrifying and at times ominous stylings War of the Worlds, to the experimental Munich to the gorgeous and breathtaking Memoirs of a Geisha (one of my favorite scores of the decade). Those four are all very interesting.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Scribe wrote
    I've never listened to any of the Indiana Jones scores

shocked

You've got some listening to do!!!!! Now!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hehe and i was going to type "better not let Erik see this" but ...too late! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

What the bloody hell?

Dood, do yourself a favour and make finding these three scores your first priority after reading this. You are missing out on three classic scores.

Except I'm under the strong impression that the scores aren't in print anymore.

I'm not saying the Williams scores of 2005 aren't good. They're fabulous. I just don't end up listening to them very much (except for Revenge of the Sith) because most of the time if I'm in a Williams mood, something like E.T. or Jurassic Park or Return of the Jedi is a much more enjoyable listening experience.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Just one...

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

And Star Trek... wink

-Erik-

Yep! Those two above most everything.

Plus the possible two new Barry albums coming from Universal France.....but we'll see?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTrekkinD
    The two scores that I personally am really excited about this year are:

Bond 22 - David Arnold
    Indiana Jones - John Williams

I'm especially excited about Indiana Jones. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was one of my first scores I ever purchased, and still is one of my favorites. All of the Indiana Jones trilogy scores are excellent, and some of the great action cues of all time. I also remember enjoying the MIDI versions of the scores on the SNES game as a kid, way before I became a soundtrack nut. I'm looking forward to revisiting them before the movie opens. Honestly, I never thought that we would get another Jones score, so this is going to be a real treat.

Other scores that sound good to my ears are Jumper, Speed Racer, Star Trek, and the new Batman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scribe wrote
    I've never listened to any of the Indiana Jones scores (I know the March but who doesn't?) so Indiana Jones is only interesting to me in the sense of it being a new Williams score after 2 and a half years...I'd be more excited if his last few scores were more interesting...I love Williams but most of that love is focused towards the man of previous decades....

Dude... DUDE! shocked

Good lord.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Erik Woods wrote
    the gorgeous and breathtaking Memoirs of a Geisha (one of my favorite scores of the decade).

So true, so true ... shame

I am, too, very much looking forward to Williams' next score. It's gotta be good smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anything by Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal. That's it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Anything by Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal. That's it.

And there I was thinking that the possibility of two new Barry albums would be right at the top of your list? rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Mainly:

- Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull / John Williams
    - Jumper / John Powell
    - Stop Loss / John Powell
    - Bond 22 / David Arnold
    - The Happening / James Newton Howard
    - Defiance / James Newton Howard
    - The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian / Harry Gregson-Williams

... and anything else which takes my fancy.
  1. I did one at MMUK:

http://mmuk64.proboards42.com/index.cgi … amp;page=1
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    LSH wrote

Hasn't Arnold got the gig? Or is it still HGW?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    LSH wrote

Hasn't Arnold got the gig? Or is it still HGW?

I'd like Arnold to do it.

HGW's score for the first one was very weak, I was underwhelmed.
  2. Arnold is scoring the third installment.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Arnold is scoring the third installment.

Have the films been made back to back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Is Star Trek Comming this year then? shocked
  3. Giacchino isn't even officially signed. Though I think it goes without saying he will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want that in 2008, the best score yet will be composed. The one succeeding in this, will gt my vote of best soundtrack ever and a price of 3 cd's, that can be chosen from the Proxis catalogue (delivery not guaranteed).

Good luck composers!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I want that in 2008, the best score yet will be composed. The one succeeding in this, will gt my vote of best soundtrack ever and a price of 3 cd's, that can be chosen from the Proxis catalogue (delivery not guaranteed).

Yet with their delivery speed, you'll get a lifetime in doubt if it will be delivered biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    Proxis, as we all know, is run by Vogons.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Giacchino isn't even officially signed. Though I think it goes without saying he will be.

GIACCHINO IS DOING THE SCORE!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He f*ckin better be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    No...Ramin Djawadi is doing it! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DON'T
    EVEN
    F*CKIN
    JOKE
    ABOUT
    IT!!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. biggrin

THAT was personal biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Whoa, whoa, Erik. Let the guy breathe. Scribe, just rent the IJ trilogy box set and watch the movies with their original scores. Then see if you like them.

For the film music realm of 2008, I am looking forward to (in no particular order):

The Dark Knight (Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard)... I'm hoping since Zimmer is on a roll with POTC 3 and The Simpsons Movie, he'll continue the trend with this film and maybe Howard will have a more active role in this film than he did last time
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (John Williams)... need I say more?
    Star Trek (Michael Giacchino)
    Rambo (Brian Tyler)
    Prince Caspian (Harry Gregson-Williams)
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Nicholas Hooper)... am I the only one looking forward to this?
    Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (Danny Elfman)
    Bond 22 (David Arnold)
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog