• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    Scribe wrote
    No...Ramin Djawadi is doing it! tongue

No he's not!

It's BT tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Matt C wrote
    Rambo (Brian Tyler)
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Nicholas Hooper)... am I the only one looking forward to

I forgot about Rambo! Am muchly looking forward to that. Should be a little more melodic and pleasant than the terribly dark AvP. I'm hoping it will turn out to be something like a more action-oriented version of Partition, my favorite Tyler score.

And yes, you're the only one looking forward to another Potter score by Hooper tongue Bring back Williams for Deathly Hallows!!!!!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    Scribe wrote
    No...Ramin Djawadi is doing it! tongue

No he's not!

It's BT tongue

Congratulations for managing to come up with an even worse idea! You outdid me! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Dood, do yourself a favour and make finding these three scores your first priority after reading this. You are missing out on three classic scores.

-Erik-

Whoa, whoa, Erik. Let the guy breathe. Scribe, just rent the IJ trilogy box set and watch the movies with their original scores. Then see if you like them.

No... I will make his mind up for him. Get the scores. Get them now! Go! DO IT! Why are you still here?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. The ones I anticipate the most...
    The Happening (James Newton Howard) -- About the only rock-solid dependable work coming from this prolific composer at the moment is his Shyamalan work
    Indiana Jones (Williams) -- I wouldn't quite buy 'Orchestral Variations on Themes from Heartbeeps', but to say I'm eager for another Williams score is an understatement
    Largo Winch (Desplat) -- I'm sure other assignments will emerge as well. This is an animated film, I think?
    The Argentine (Iglesias) -- finally returning to the music of South America!
    The Guerilla (Iglesias) -- two trips to South America!!
    The Daybreakers (Christopher Gordon) -- should be an interesting score for this vampire film
    Mao's Last Dancer (Christopher Gordon) -- will probably be 2009 before we see this.
    Star Trek XI (Michael Giacchino) -- I want a good musical story here - that's what separates man (Ratatouille) from the animals (Mi3).
    Speed Racer -- I think like his Medal of Honor score from this year, this will be a solid set of action setpieces, and there might be a retro element to it as well.
    Wall - E (Newman) -- Could be very good. Hard to say.
    The Oxford Murders (Banos) -- Good to see the Europeans taking over English-language films, one glossy project after another.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Matt C wrote

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (Danny Elfman)

Are you really looking forward to that?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I'm interested in Elfman's HELLBOY. Are his SPIDERMAN and HULK scores really so bad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008 edited
    I haven't even heard Beltrami's Hellboy yet, so this second part doesn't really do anything for me tongue I didn't really care for Potter 5, either, neither film nor movie, so I'll pay attention again as soon as Williams is involved.

The ones I am looking forward, are;
    Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: for, well, all the obvious reasons
    The Dark Knight: as said before, this could very well be something spectaculair. I'm expecting the guys to enrichen the sound they established, with new themes and a more orchestral sounding approach lick
    WALL-E: Oh, yeah! I love Thomas Newman and loved his work for Finding Nemo and Lemony Snicket. I have no idea that sound he'll give this remarkable animation (no dialogue! it'll depend mostly on his music!), which is the best part!
    The Happening: As JNH has never let me down on a Shyamalan project before, I'm hoping he will finally give a score that's really good, as opposed to mediocre ( tongue )
    Rambo: I won't see the movie (I'll hate it, I already know that wink), but I'm sure the score will be manly, macho and jungly, which sounds like an helluva lot of fun punk

I suppose Narnia 2 will be a case of 'just wait and see if it's interesting'. I certainly think it'll be better than part 1, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    justin boggan wrote
    Giacchino isn't even officially signed. Though I think it goes without saying he will be.

He is, at least according to the music execs at Paramount!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Desplat does Largo Winch? Wow!
    Awesome. That's a Belgian comic. cool
    They once made a live action series of that some time ago, right?
    But that's something to look forward too!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    One score I haven't seen mentioned here that I look forward to a lot is FOOL'S GOLD by George Fenton. I don't know about the film, but it could propel a big epic orchestral adventure score from one of the finest composers in the business, IMO!

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorManwe
    The Indiana Jones score is of course the most anticipated score this year for me, but Prince Caspian ranks up there as well. And I am looking forward to hear the new Star Trek - interesting to see what Giacchino can do with the universe - as well as The Dark Knight - the last new Batman score did impress me quite a lot.
    And I was not aware that a new Harry Potter is upcoming already this year and that Hooper was confirmed to score it, but in that case I am looking forward to that as well, of course, even if the last one was a slight dissappointment, although with some excellent moments.

Looks like it can be a quite interesting year, score-wise. A new Williams score will of course assure that. smile
    - What matters is the music -
  3. moviescore wrote
    One score I haven't seen mentioned here that I look forward to a lot is FOOL'S GOLD by George Fenton. I don't know about the film, but it could propel a big epic orchestral adventure score from one of the finest composers in the business, IMO!

mc

I've not heard of this one. I'm now interested too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Matt C wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Dood, do yourself a favour and make finding these three scores your first priority after reading this. You are missing out on three classic scores.

-Erik-

Whoa, whoa, Erik. Let the guy breathe. Scribe, just rent the IJ trilogy box set and watch the movies with their original scores. Then see if you like them.

No... I will make his mind up for him. Get the scores. Get them now! Go! DO IT! Why are you still here?

-Erik-

*looks at bank account*
    *looks at prices of used Indiana Jones CDs at amazon*
    that's why wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Bregt wrote
    Desplat does Largo Winch? Wow!
    Awesome. That's a Belgian comic. cool

Héhé ! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I ain't holding my breath: the adaptation of Blueberry (another famous Belgian comic) was abysmal. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'm interested in Elfman's HELLBOY. Are his SPIDERMAN and HULK scores really so bad?

It's more the fact that many of us are disappointed that Beltrami isn't returning to score it.

plus Elfman doing more "dark hero" music rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Speed Racer -- I think like his Medal of Honor score from this year, this will be a solid set of action setpieces, and there might be a retro element to it as well.

I have a feeling that this one is going to sound like his music from Space Mountain: Mission 2. Haven't heard it? Well, check this out.

Florida
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUjfVn7WsJo

Paris Version
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jotamxCl5Y

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'm interested in Elfman's HELLBOY. Are his SPIDERMAN and HULK scores really so bad?

I'm not a fan of The Hulk but I think that Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 are spectacular scores!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I'm not a fan of The Hulk but I think that Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 are spectacular scores!

-Erik-

I think Hulk is quite interesting, and the 2 spiderman scores pretty generic. The main theme alone is a typical RC power anthem crescendo but with the typical Elfman fireworks.

And the "love-Family" theme is so sacharine that Horner could be proud of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    I think Hulk is quite interesting, and the 2 spiderman scores pretty generic. The main theme alone is a typical RC power anthem crescendo but with the typical Elfman fireworks.

And the "love-Family" theme is so sacharine that Horner could be proud of it.

Riiiiiiiight! rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

-Erik-

The Hulk has some very good - but sparse - elements in it and Spider-man / 2 are good scores indeed. But nowhere even near Beltrami's brilliance in HELLBOY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

-Erik-

The Hulk has some very good - but sparse - elements in it and Spider-man / 2 are good scores indeed. But nowhere even near Beltrami's brilliance in HELLBOY.

Or the brilliant brilliance of the rare masterpiece that is BATMAN!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah but why bring that up? We're talking Hellboy VS Hellboy 2 and honestly, if i had money to throw away, i'd bet that the latter will equally be nowhere even near the Batman score you mentioned above wink
  4. I love pre-judging. It makes me feel it's also ok for me to say other scores are crap without bothering to listen to them. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

-Erik-

Or the brilliant brilliance of the rare masterpiece that is BATMAN!!!

-Erik-

What? Rare as in it didn't sound much like Bernard Herrmann? tongue
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Manwe wrote
    And I was not aware that a new Harry Potter is upcoming already this year and that Hooper was confirmed to score it, but in that case I am looking forward to that as well, of course, even if the last one was a slight dissappointment, although with some excellent moments.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been in the works for two years prior to filming (the release date is November 21st). The reason why Hooper is back on to score his second HP film is because director David Yates is back on and the two have collaborated on almost everything Yates has directed so far.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Helloooooo Adam! wave
    Kazoo