• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It could be any film, but for me the two moments in the history of cinema when a character is so utterly defined by initial words both come from the initial STAR WARS trilogy:

1. From STAR WARS: Chewbacca's first growl.
    2. From THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: Not quite a first line - 'Can I offer you any refreshments?'

biggrin

List your own. From any film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008
    Isn't this really almost the same as iconic movie lines, like "I'll Be Back!" or "I'll Be Right Here!" etc.?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Isn't this really almost the same as iconic movie lines, like "I'll Be Back!" or "I'll Be Right Here!" etc.?

No... because Michael is talking about "initial words" spoken by the character not the most famous. The first lines spoken by a character that define them right off the bat!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

No... because Michael is talking about "initial words" spoken by the character not the most famous. The first lines spoken by a character that define them right off the bat!

-Erik-

OK....I missed the first line bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Pussy Galore : "I'm Pussy Galore"

James Bond : "of course you are"
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2008
    Princess Leia: "Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." OR "Into the garbage chute flyboy!"
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2008
    ^ But wouldn't Leia's initial lines be "Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!