• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013 edited
    Holy crap!

As if September and October weren't already busy enough with awesome film music events, now THIS!:

http://life.royalalberthall.com/2013/02 … im-burton/

A concert of Elfman's music with the man himself present --- AND SINGING for the first time in 18 years!

God, how I want to go. I don't know how I'll be able to afford or make schedules meet with all the other stuff I've already booked, but I have to try.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013
    Oh my goodness, what a rarity! I think Im gonna have to go!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I'm so very, very in!
  2. honestly, this sounds exciting, I have to see if I can get free the days before and after, but I'm tempted to go
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. If there are a lot of us going then that may make it a "must go to"!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The September/October schedule would look like this, if I had the time and money:

September 25-30: Krakow Film Music Festival

and then a direct flight from Krakow to Vienna...

October 4th: James Horner in Vienna

...and then a direct flight from Vienna to London:

October 7th: Danny Elfman at the RAH

...and then back to Oslo for a a couple weeks untill:

Late October (probably): World Soundtrack Awards in Ghent, Belgium

Phew!

The Boston/NY trip in June to see Williams live again would have to wait, I guess (need to sell my ticket). Regardless of money, I would need to sort things out with a possible employer at this point. They wouldn't be happy with me taking two weeks off for film music events.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    It's tempting, but I'm not the biggest fan of his Burton scores (unless they'd play Sleepy Hollow)... however the trip would be easy to do via train... but then I hate British food and got sick every time I been on holiday there ... but I would love to go to London again ...

Is there any chance Elfman would stick around for WSA? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    It's tempting, but I'm not the biggest fan of his Burton scores (unless they'd play Sleepy Hollow)... however the trip would be easy to do via train... but then I hate British food and got sick every time I been on holiday there ... but I would love to go to London again ...

Is there any chance Elfman would stick around for WSA? biggrin

If I'd lived where you lived, I'd consider myself blessed. Such a short way for THE BIGGEST FILM MUSIC EVENT OF THE FRIGGIN' YEAR! Envious.

Screw the food!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis

If I'd lived where you lived, I'd consider myself blessed. Such a short way for THE BIGGEST FILM MUSIC EVENT OF THE FRIGGIN' YEAR! Envious.

Screw the food!

OK, I'll bring along paper bags and an iron stomach.

He is singing after all cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    This sounds pretty awesome. I'm in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013
    Sounds good. Will try to make it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh my! I'm in!

But ... why is this on a Monday?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    This. ^

Retarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013 edited
    Ticket sale has started: 20 to 70 pounds (whatever old currency that may be).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Should we order together or individually?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's rather very expensive.

I'd go again for the Circle I think (like Morricone), or perhaps the central area, but that has already quite a bit of seats sold. Transportation to London is about 80EUR (back and forth), and then a night in a hostel.

If some people stay longer, perhaps we can make a weekend of it? Last time was rather quiet.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote

I'd go again for the Circle I think (like Morricone), or perhaps the central area, but that has already quite a bit of seats sold. Transportation to London is about 80EUR (back and forth), and then a night in a hostel.

If some people stay longer, perhaps we can make a weekend of it? Last time was rather quiet.

Well, I would fly directly from Vienna, and arrive on Sunday, maybe. Then I'd stay in London untill Tuesday, at least. Since the Horner concert is on Friday, it's difficult to get the whole weekend in London.

I would be interested in good seats myself (the Morricone was a bit too far in the back, especially since it's now my second favourite composer of all time that stands on-stage).

Maybe we should just order seats separately and hang out before and after? I think I'll go for the "floor" if there are still tickets left when I get home from work.

Oh....and this time, make sure to leave your friggin' luggage at the ho(s)tel before going anywhere! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Someone knows if the tickets of 20 Pounds have good visibility? I´m very interesed to go to the concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I just ordered my ticket (F4). London isn't cheap, I think I prefer arriving on saturday and leaving on tuesday.
  4. Bregt wrote

Bregt, I made sure that I have the whole week vacation (which will not be nessecary, but in my job it isn't that easy to switch vacation days), so I can go very easily.

Let me know when you're gonna buy some tickets. any seat is good for me. And YES, a hostel or cheap place is good for me (promise is a promise Bregt smile )

I'm pretty sure that we can talk about this this saturday eh wink

Anyhoo, would be great to see you all again guys smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I'm interested in going (yay, Batman!). Bregt, if you're planning on buying tickets, text me please.
    Also, I probably won't be staying more than one or two nights maximum!
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ticket bought. I couldn't hazard waiting for others, as the good tickets seem to be torn away at the moment.

My seat is Arena A 10. Paid £59.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Ticket bought. I couldn't hazard waiting for others, as the good tickets seem to be torn away at the moment.

What row number are you in Thor, A 10 doesn't make sense to me looking at the seating plan?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    John Chambers wrote
    Thor wrote

What row number are you in Thor, A 10 doesn't make sense to me looking at the seating plan?

It doesn't say what row. Seat no. 18 in the "Front Arena". I'm guessing about 10 rows from the stage.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Front arena 4th row n°24 here. I tried to place myself in the choir but was unsuccessful. wink

I think Arena "A" are the seats to the left of the middle block in the arena. A 10 means row nr 10.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Is there still enough spaces left? Otherwise we should be quick Maxime and Thomas! I'd prefer a seat of around 50pounds, but certainly not more, since there's a WSA concert 12 days later. dizzy
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Eek, decent seats are pretty expensive. I will have a think about it, considering the majority of my favourite Elfman scores are for non-Tim Burton movies.

Would still be good to meet up in London & go to the pub like the Morricone concert though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ant, IMO you have to go. For the Morricone concert, I bought a ticket in the outer circle, and while that is indeed quite far from the stage, I suppose there'll be a screen (for movie and live clips), but the acoustics are excellent! Seriously, you cannot skip this! smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    More then half of the tickets in the not-too-expensive-areas are gone!

James, Alan? I think you'll need to be quick!
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt, I suppose you see Maxime at work tomorrow?
    you 2 can decide which tickets you want to buy for us all, IF you don't want to wait until tomorrow evening.

just keep me posted through sms.

If not, I could order them Friday evening