• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013
    Will do.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    James, Alan? I think you'll need to be quick!

That's the problem. I can't go to both this and the Horner concert. If I had to choose just one then it would be Horner without question. But I still don't have a clue if Horner will actually be conducting that one himself (if not - and he's just going to be there to pick up an award - then I have no interest in going). What to do!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    James, Alan? I think you'll need to be quick!

That's the problem. I can't go to both this and the Horner concert. If I had to choose just one then it would be Horner without question. But I still don't have a clue if Horner will actually be conducting that one himself (if not - and he's just going to be there to pick up an award - then I have no interest in going). What to do!?

Go to both! You can easily fly from Vienna to London on Saturday or Sunday.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'm considering going, it's pretty much a financial issue of right now and a little bit scheduling.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013
    Jordi an myself are in (STALLS H, seats 20 and 21)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Marselus wrote
    Jordi an myself are in (STALLS H, seats 20 and 21)

excellent, I think we'll order this evening
    gonna be great smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    After I posted my participation in this on facebook, several of my Norwegian acquaintances bought a ticket too. I know about 3 so far: a girl I know, Ginge Anvik (one of the most profiled film composers in Norway) and Erik Myhr who also has an account here on maintitles (as myhrik, I believe).

There are also several from FSM in addition to the people here.

All in all, there's going to be a MASSIVE group for this!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. ordered for Bregt and myself

Stalls L 11
    Seats No(s): 123, 124

I think it's good enough smile

see you there guys
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Haha, awesome! We all come to get you to Ghent for the week after!
    Kazoo
  4. I've booked a ticket, as long as I'm not away on a job I'll be there!
  5. excellent, will be great to see all you guys again beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013
    The concert is almost sold out. Only tickets left in the outer circle.
    Kazoo
  6. Shit and I still don't know whether I can go...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2013
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Shit and I still don't know whether I can go...

Sometimes, it's useful to buy a ticket even if you're unsure if you can go....and then sell it later on if you can't. I've done that for the Williams/Boston SO concert in June, and it's getting more and more clear that I can't afford the trip otherwise. So I'll try to sell it.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Yeah, but I'd also need to lend money from my friend for that. I basically need to know:

a) if I am going alone or with my friend
    b) Can I sleep over at his place after the concert
    c) If it is a longer stay or just those two days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2013
    Tried ordering twice today, both times I got an error message when trying to complete the order. Afterwards, the tickets were gone. Now the only tickets left have almost no view of the stage, so I've dropped it. Have to be faster next time...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn that's a pity Lars! Would've been great to meet you too!
    Kazoo
  8. Not going then either, didnt' get the necessary info at the necessary time. I'd also have to borrow money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Would have been great. But there will be other concerts, I'm sure... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Not going then either, didnt' get the necessary info at the necessary time. I'd also have to borrow money.

It surprises me that it was sold out so quickly. It's like a limited edition score release!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It doesn't surprise me at all Bregt. If John Williams ever shows up in London again you'll have to be even quicker off the mark.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    So who'll be there then?
    Thor, Jordi, Marcel, John, Francis, Thomas and myself?

Not many British it seems, even though it is on their island!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    So who'll be there then?

Crazy brits! They're so blassé after all the great events that keep coming and coming, it would have to be Jesus himself to drag them out of their sofas.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    So who'll be there then?

Crazy brits! They're so blassé after all the great events that keep coming and coming, it would have to be Jesus himself to drag them out of their sofas.

Jesus!? Nah! wink We'd just say that that is not him, it's just a naughty boy.

I think this Elfman concert is going to be brilliant. I would so love to have come ( Mel too ) but we just didn't have the cash, we're in the middle of moving house and we barely have pennies to scrape slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    So who'll be there then?

Jesus!? Nah! wink We'd just say that that is not him, it's just a naughty boy.

I think this Elfman concert is going to be brilliant. I would so love to have come ( Mel too ) but we just didn't have the cash, we're in the middle of moving house and we barely have pennies to scrape slant

Sorry to hear that. It would have been great to meet up in London again.

But you know what you have to do -- get your ass into those pubs and win every pool tournament you enter, COLOR OF MONEY-style.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If only it were that easy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013 edited
    I was wondering when people arrived and how long they were staying for this?

I need to know to sort out of the logistics. And even though it's still several months, I need to begin planning now.

I will probably arrive on Sunday, directly from Vienna. Then I considered going back on Tuesday already, but if some are staying one more night, I might stretch it to Wednesday.

What say ye?

(eventually, we should look at hotels too....would be nice if some of us stayed at the same place, but that's not necessity, of course).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013
    I was planning to arrive on sunday as well (after three nights in vienna), have you looked into the best option for going from vienna to london?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013
    francis wrote
    I was planning to arrive on sunday as well (after three nights in vienna), have you looked into the best option for going from vienna to london?

Not yet. Oslo to Vienna is the really tricky part for me. I thought about arriving in Vienna on Wednesday, and then to London on Sunday. Or maybe Saturday, depending on who is in London at the time.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013 edited
    I prefer to leave on sunday to London as I'd like to explore Vienna a bit, never been there before whereas London I've been to twice already. Was first considering leaving London on tuesday but might be better to do so on wednesday and take in another day.. aarrrgh choices biggrin