• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013
    International Film Music Critics Association launches IFMCA Radio with a look at the best scores of 2012

http://filmmusiccritics.org/2013/02/ifm … s-of-2012/

The International Film Music Critics Association is proud to announce the launch of IFMCA Radio, a new audio feature which will bring a new, dynamic aspect to the IFMCA’s work.

This inaugural broadcast of IFMCA Radio celebrates the music nominated for the 2012 IFMCA Awards, and features selections by several members which represent, in their opinion, some of the best individual film, TV and video game cues from 2012.

The selections in this special 2-hour programme includes music from JOHN CARTER (Michael Giacchino), JOURNEY (Austin Wintory), SECRET OF THE WINGS (Joel McNeely), DOWNTON ABBEY (John Lunn), DOCTOR WHO (Murray Gold), CLOUD ATLAS (Tom Tykwer/Johnny Klimek/Reinhold Heil), RISE OF THE GUARDIANS (Alexandre Desplat), THE IMPOSSIBLE (Fernando Velázquez), METSÄN TARINA (Panu Aaltio), DANS LA MAISON (Philippe Rombi), TED (Walter Murphy), PARANORMAN (Jon Brion), STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (Jerry Goldsmith), LINCOLN (John Williams), SKYFALL (Thomas Newman), THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (Hans Zimmer), KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING (Grant Kirkhope), LIFE OF PI (Mychael Danna), ISABEL (Federico Jusid), ANNA KARENINA (Dario Marianelli), MOONRISE KINGDOM (Alexandre Desplat), BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD (Dan Romer/Benh Zeitlin), WIR WOLLTEN AUFS MEER (Nic Raine), and QUO VADIS (Miklós Rózsa)

Participating members include:

Jon Broxton, Movie Music UK
    Tim Burden, Film Score Monthly/Movie Magic
    Demetris Christodoulides, Score Magacine
    Christopher Coleman, TrackSounds
    Erin Veronica Corrado, One Movie Five Views
    Paul Cote, Cinemusic
    Clark Douglas, Movie Music UK/WHIE Radio
    Oscar Flores, Film Music Site
    Dimitri Riccio, Colonne Sonore
    Alan Rogers, Reel Music/MainTitles
    Brian Satterwhite, Nuance Music/Film Score Focus
    Erik Woods, Cinematic Sound Radio

The complete list of 2012 IFMCA Award nominees can be found at http://filmmusiccritics.org/2013/02/ifm … ions-2012/

The broadcast also includes a brand new piece of music, the “IFMCA Fanfare”, which was written exclusively for the IFMCA by composer David Coscina. https://soundcloud.com/dcoscina

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013
    This is fun! Thanks Erik for all your hard work, had a lot of fun doing this smile Looking forward for this thing to be established throughout the year!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Good idea!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2013
    Very cool! Listening to it now. Especially nice to hear all the voices!
    Kazoo
  2. excellent idea, gonna check it out later this weekend
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. The International Film Music Critics Association is proud to announce the second in its annual IFMCA Radio broadcasts, celebrating the music nominated for the 2013 IFMCA Awards, and featuring selections by several members which represent, in their opinion, some of the best individual film, TV and video game cues from the preceding 12 months.

The selections in this special 2-hour programme includes music from AFRICA (Sarah Class), THE BOOK THIEF (John Williams), BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S (Henry Mancini), COPPERHEAD (Laurent Eyquem), ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW (Abel Korzeniowski), EVIL DEAD (Roque Baños), FROZEN (Christophe Beck), GAME OF THRONES (Ramin Djawadi), GRAND PIANO (Víctor Reyes), GRAVITY (Steven Price), THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG (Howard Shore), INSTRUCTIONS NOT INCLUDED (Carlo Siliotto), IRON MAN 3 (Brian Tyler), LETHAL WEAPON (Michael Kamen), PASSION (Pino Donaggio), PLANES (Mark Mancina), PUPPETEER (Patrick Doyle), QB VII Jerry Goldsmith), REMEMBER ME (Olivier Deriviere), ROMEO AND JULIET (Abel Korzeniowski), THE SALAMANDER (Jerry Goldsmith), THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY (Theodore Shapiro), STALINGRAD (Angelo Badalamenti), STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS (Michael Giacchino), SUMMER IN FEBRUARY (Benjamin Wallfisch), VENUS IN FUR (Alexandre Desplat), and THE WIND RISES (Joe Hisaishi).

◦ Ley Bricknell, Filmic
    ◦ Jon Broxton, Movie Music UK
    ◦ Tim Burden, Film Score Monthly/Movie Magic
    ◦ Christopher Coleman, TrackSounds
    ◦ Erin Veronica Corrado, One Movie Five Views
    ◦ Paul Cote, Cinemusic
    ◦ Clark Douglas, Movie Music UK/WHIE Radio
    ◦ Panos Gkenas, Avopolis
    ◦ Thor Joachim Haga, Montages/Celluloid Tunes
    ◦ Eleni Mitsiaki, Kinetophone/City Lights
    ◦ Erik Woods, Cinematic Sound Radio

As it did last year. the broadcast also includes a performance of the “IFMCA Fanfare”, which was written exclusively for the IFMCA by composer David Coscina, as well as insert bumpers and liners by voiceover artist and broadcaster Roy Hall.

Listen to the broadcast at http://filmmusiccritics.org/2014/02/ifm … s-of-2013/
  4. The International Film Music Critics Association is proud to announce the third in its annual IFMCA Radio broadcasts, celebrating the music nominated for the 2014 IFMCA Awards, and featuring selections by several members which represent, in their opinion, some of the best individual film, TV and video game cues from the preceding 12 months.

The selections in this special epic 4-hour programme includes music from THE ABYSS (Alan Silvestri), ASTERIX: THE LAND OF THE GODS (Philippe Rombi), THE BANNER SAGA (Austin Wintory), CANTINFLAS (Roque Baños), CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW 2 (Óscar Araujo), CIVILIZATION: BEYOND EARTH (Geoff Knorr and Grant Kirkhope), EMPIRE OF THE SUN (John Williams), GODZILLA (Alexandre Desplat), THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (Alexandre Desplat), GUNSHI KANBEI (Yūgo Kanno), HIDDEN KINGDOMS (Ben Foster), THE HOMESMAN (Marco Beltrami), HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (John Powell), THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY, PART I (James Newton Howard), THE IMITATION GAME (Alexandre Desplat), INHERENT VICE (Jonny Greenwood), INTERSTELLAR (Hans Zimmer), ISABEL (Federico Jusid), LAIR (John Debney), THE LEFTOVERS (Max Richter), THE LIBERATOR (Gustavo Dudamel), MALEFICENT (James Newton Howard), THE MONKEY KING (Christopher Young), THE MONUMENTS MEN (Alexandre Desplat), RED KROKODIL (Alexander Cimini), SON OF BATMAN (Frederik Wiedmann), THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING (Jóhann Jóhannsson), UNDER THE SKIN (Mica Levi), THE UNKNOWN KNOWN (Danny Elfman), and WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR (Russell Brower et al).

- Ley Bricknell, Filmic
    - Charlie Brigden, Films on Wax
    - Jon Broxton, Movie Music UK
    - Tim Burden, Film Score Monthly/Movie Magic
    - Erin Veronica Corrado, One Movie Five Views
    - Paul Cote, Cinemusic
    - Thor Joachim Haga, Montages/Celluloid Tunes
    - Eleni Mitsiaki, Kinetophone/City Lights
    - Dimitri Riccio, Colonne Sonore
    - Alan Rogers, Reel Music
    - Asier Senarriaga, BSO Spirit
    - Peter Simons, Synchrotones
    - Erik Woods, Cinematic Sound Radio

As always. the broadcast also includes a performance of the “IFMCA Fanfare”, which was written exclusively for the IFMCA by composer David Coscina, as well as insert bumpers and liners by voiceover artist and broadcaster Roy Hall.

Listen to the broadcast at http://filmmusiccritics.org/2015/02/ifm … s-of-2014/
  5. Listening to it now, and currently being blown away by "Our New World" from CIVILIZATION: BEYOND EARTH. What a piece!
  6. That whole score is astonishingly good.
  7. Still listening. Roque Banos just got his name butchered, poor fellow smile
  8. Yeah, that was unfortunate...
  9. That was a great show. I'd heard most of it, but it's nice to hear a bunch of highlights, too. I was really glad to hear a few pieces from scores that I haven't had the chance to hear yet: Rombi's ASTERIX score, Banos's CANTINFLAS, and Elfman's THE UNKNOWN KNOWN. It's also fun to hear so many different hosts, though none of them can measure up to Erik's silky smooth baritone wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015
    christopher wrote
    ...though none of them can measure up to Erik's silky smooth baritone wink

biggrin
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think it's a great show! punk

Very cool to hear all these different people. Well done Erik, really!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks Bregt!

beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2015 edited
    christopher wrote
    That was a great show. I'd heard most of it, but it's nice to hear a bunch of highlights, too. I was really glad to hear a few pieces from scores that I haven't had the chance to hear yet: Rombi's ASTERIX score, Banos's CANTINFLAS, and Elfman's THE UNKNOWN KNOWN. It's also fun to hear so many different hosts, though none of them can measure up to Erik's silky smooth baritone wink

Indeed. As someone with a more natural tenor voice, I cannot compete with that without sounding unnatural. I also find that my pitch gets all weird and nasal when I try to speak English (to say nothing of my weird intonation mix somewhere between British, American and Norwegian). Oh, well. In the end, the important thing is the contents, and that people understand at least most of what you say.

Now if it were karaoke, on the other hand.... smile
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    christopher wrote
    ...though none of them can measure up to Erik's silky smooth baritone wink

biggrin

Erik is the Morgan Freeman of the film score community. If they ever make a biopic about John Williams they better get him to narrate the prologue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015
    As long as they don't get Dan Schwieger to do it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    You guys are too kind!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great job guys smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015 edited
    wrong thread
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    wrong thread

You must be drunk Thor. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    wrong thread

http://i.imgur.com/w8i6ho2.gif
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    yeah, yeah, yeah.....whateve.r
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015
    You're drunk!

You have a drinking problem.

You've not drunk enough, that's your problem.