• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013 edited
    I'm sorry to inform you that events have occured with the festival that may preclude my participation this year.

I can't provide any details untill there is an official press release, but certain contents of the festival have fallen through, thus removing my involvement with it.

There WILL still be a festival, as far as I know, including Don Davis and the MATRIX symphony. I'm just not certain if I'll make it as a regular press person/tourist. It would be for Montages and a lot of the money would come out of my own pocket, which makes things very difficult with all the other film music events happening in September and October.

I'll get back to you on the final decision!

Meanwhile, we needed this thread on the event, as none existed (only previous editions).

Link to the festival site:

http://www.fmf.fm/en/1/0/1/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
    I'm sorry to hear that Thor! What was the cause of cancelling that part of the festival?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    I'm sorry to hear that Thor! What was the cause of cancelling that part of the festival?

Money.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013 edited
    That sucks! Now who will cut the ceremonial cake?!? Sorry to hear Thor.

It's a great festival and the Don Davis concert sounded appealing until Elfman & Horner came on the scene... Just too many events. But I highly recommend Krakow, terrific location & festival.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2013
    Full program is announced.

Taken from the SST forums (thanks Molossus) :

Thursday 26th of September: Music of 3 time Oscar Nominee - Alberto Iglessias. Composer will be present in person. We will listen for example to 30 minutes suite of music from Pedro Almodovar movies, arranged especially for Kraków event. Alberto Iglesias compsed also special songs for this concert. They will be sung by Carlos Mena.

Artists: AUKSO Symphonic Orchestra, Carlos Mena.
    Venue: Kraków Philharmonics building

Friday 27th of September:
    - A Tribute to Werner Herzog. Venue: Kościół Św. Katarzyny (St. Catherine's church) in Kraków.
    - Also music of Valgeir Sigurðsson from Iceland.

Saturday 28th of September: Concert will be dedicated to RMF Classic radio, because autumn 2013 is the 10th Anniversary of the radio.
    The title of the concert will be "10 composers for 10th RMF Classic Anniversary". First composer out of the ten was announced today: It's Trevor Morris.

Music will be conducted by Gavin Greenaway

Sunday 29th of September: Matrix - score will be played live simultaneously with screening of the movie. Don Davis will be present and will be conducting
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks. It will be interesting to hear what the other composers for the RMF radio thingie will be...and if they will all be present.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    I am quite interested in the smaller venues. Look's like Krakow is going the way Fimucite does. Smaller concerts in small venues and two big ones in the weekend at the large venue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013
    Hmm I hear things about concert already been sold out. Can a Polish member confirm?
  1. So far the following guests are announced for the RFM Classic:

James Newton Howard
    Michał Lorenc
    Jan A.P. Kaczmarek
    Diego Navarro
    Alberto Iglesias
    Don Davis
    Trevor Morris
    Gavin Greeneway
    Abel Korzeniowski.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013
    SiriusCreations wrote
    So far the following guests are announced for the RFM Classic:

James Newton Howard
    Michał Lorenc
    Jan A.P. Kaczmarek
    Diego Navarro
    Alberto Iglesias
    Don Davis
    Trevor Morris
    Gavin Greeneway
    Abel Korzeniowski.

What does that mean? Will they be appearing in person?
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Yeah. Greenaway will conduct the RMF concert.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013
    Great that JNH takes the trip. Another big name to the roster.

I wish I could just take the whole autumn off and go around on film music events in Europe & the US.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013
    Thor wrote
    What does that mean? Will they be appearing in person?

According to the director yes. One name still needs to be announced as far as I know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2013
    Will Gavin perform his own composition "Reflections of Earth"? Even though it's not a film score piece... I think this beautiful piece needs more recognition.

(Whatever is performed, I can't attend it anyway! :/)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  3. No, I don't think he will. He'll just conduct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013
    PawelStroinski wrote
    No, I don't think he will. He'll just conduct.

cry

Tell him that I love his work!
  4. Miya wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

cry

We will tell him or come to Kraków and tell him yourself wink
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
  5. Have you got money for her plane ticket? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013
    Final composer is announced according to google translate: Craig Armstrong
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2013 edited
    SiriusCreations wrote
    Miya wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

cry

We will tell him or come to Kraków and tell him yourself wink

I need free plane ticket, as Pawel said wink

The reason I really want to tell that I love his work is... because I assume he doesn't get this kind of compliment so often, compared to other famous (film) composers. I read many people, mostly Disney fans who are not so familiar with film composers, saying it's a fantastic piece and they really love it. But they don't know who wrote it and seemed not to care whoever wrote it (which I think is good). It's great that his music attracted lots of people's attention by the music itself, not the name of the composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013
    Hey, there have been no reports from this!

Who here attended? Pawel?

Share, please! Share! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It was amazing, especially Don Davis. What a damn cool guy. There is a hilarious story with him that I'd rather not make public, because some people may read this forum that I'd rather not have hear about it, but it was just an unforgettable experience.

The Matrix played live to picture was congenial to the original film recording. I got an autograph on my copy of the Deluxe.

Iglesias concert was amazing until he scared people off with his very contemporary/modern sounding concert works of his.

The 10 years gala was very cool and I got to talk to Gavin Greenaway afterwards on a party. Great stuff.

The Reijsiger concert was not for me. I didn't attend the Dreamland one because of that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013
    Nice! What about social gatherings?
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Quite great. The story I shouldn't tell is connected to one of them.

Another one led to the mood demise of a gathering, I mean... Imagine talking really silly stuff at 4 AM in the morning and somebody suddenly asking, totally seriously:

Have you ever seen a circumcised penis?

This led to a very silly moment, when we started to replace words in film titles with foreskin, including the classics that definitely are "Dawn of the Foreskin", "Star Wars: The Foreskin Strikes Back", "Raiders of the Foreskin", "Foreskin Down", "Kingdom of Foreskin" or "Foreskin of Steel"...
  8. What about that Clint Eastwood classic, Dirty Foreskin?
  9. Sure. There are many others:

Gone with the Foreskin, The Best Foreskins of Our Lives, The Greatest Foreskin Ever Told, El Foreskin, The Million Dollar Foreskin, Behind Enemy Foreskins...
  10. Anyway, back on topic... I asked Don Davis about the Behind Enemy Lines promo and I think I'll get it smile
  11. What about the promo to Killer Foreskins from Outer Space? That score is an absolute bloody masterpiece.
  12. And The Thin Red Foreskin.