• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited
    We needed a separate thread on this mastodont project, scheduled for a June 14 release next year. Personally, these films are incredibly close to my heart, and I've been waiting for a sequel for 12 friggin' years!

In any case, I'm making the thread now because a director has been chosen: Colin Trevorrow!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/colin-t … spielberg/

Who, you say? He made the sci fi comedy SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED last year, but that's about it. Haven't seen that, but I definitely will now. I'm a bit worried that the project has gone to a rookie, but I won't pass judgement yet. Who knows what he's capable of?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited
    SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED wasn't anything to rave about, but he showed premise. As you say:

Thor wrote
    Who knows what he's capable of?

Exactly! For instance: I never thought someone like Sam Mendes (an otherwise excellent director, but had not been tested on action up to Skyfall) would deliver such a mature action adventure as he did with the new Bond. So, never pre-judge a new director's outcome. I am a firm believer in new minds and talents smile

So, who do you think will score this new Dinosaur adventure?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. He'll most likely seek a bigger composer for the film, unless the studio chooses one for him, but if they don't and he looks at composers he's used before, he's only directed four projects according to IMDb and here are the respective composers:

Ryan Miller
    Brandon Krueger

The short film had no original score, and I have no idea who scored "Gary: Under Crisis".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2013
    I wonder if the new film will retain the adventure/suspense sense of the previous films. If Williams chose not to return (I imagine he could potentially be busy with Star Wars VII) I think Giacchino could bring a grandiose score forward.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I think it's highly doubtful that Williams would return, mabey Giacchino could do it but honestly I thought Don Davis' on 'Williams' autopilot was pretty darn good. Much like Debney did for capturing the Silvestri sound on "Predators". I wouldn't mind Davis doing another installment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think Davis has more or less retired from film scoring.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. He's very much willing to return, but getting no offers.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    That's insane, given his talents.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013 edited
    francis wrote
    I think it's highly doubtful that Williams would return, mabey Giacchino could do it but honestly I thought Don Davis' on 'Williams' autopilot was pretty darn good. Much like Debney did for capturing the Silvestri sound on "Predators". I wouldn't mind Davis doing another installment.

Didn't Williams express interest in returning? Would Disney or Lucas Film deny him that?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013
    I think if Williams wants to return then the gig is his, it would have to be a real moron to decide he isn't wanted.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm bored of Raptors, I hope they're not back.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I hope they create hybrid dinos... with missiles! The Tyrannostegosaurus. The Brontospinosaurus. The Tricompy. The Rapadactyl.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    I hope they create hybrid dinos... with missiles! The Tyrannostegosaurus. The Brontospinosaurus. The Tricompy. The Rapadactyl.

-Erik-

Yes! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    dino
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    dino

^
    said it before and must be said again...

CRAPPEST. DINOSAUR ICON. EVER!!!!!
  3. Thor wrote
    dino

Looks like E.T.'s sick and about to throw up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2014
    So....which film does people look forward to the most, now that both trailers are released?

This, or STAR WARS VII?

For me, it's extremely difficult to choose.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, it's a tough choice, alri...no wait. It's not.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Wars, by far. I fear Jurassic World will be a bit generic (although happy to be proved wrong)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    So....which film does people look forward to the most, now that both trailers are released?

This, or STAR WARS VII?

Hmmm? HMMMMMM?????

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm looking forward to that more than Jurassic World, but it's Star Wars man! The Millenium Falcon! Politically correct Stormtroopers! Luke with a beard! JOHN WILLIAMS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

This, or STAR WARS VII?

Hmmm? HMMMMMM?????

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Meh. Never been a fan of the comics, and the films represent the WORST side of Hollywood action/superhero blockbusters.

After some consideration, I think I might just look forward to JPIV a little bit more than STAR WARS. It's my intense JP craving speaking.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    After some consideration, I think I might just look forward to JPIV a little bit more than STAR WARS. It's my intense JP craving speaking.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm looking forward to that more than Jurassic World, but it's Star Wars man! The Millenium Falcon! Politically correct Stormtroopers! Luke with a beard! JOHN WILLIAMS!

It's already the best score of 2015 punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm looking forward to Jurassic World more, but Star Wars had the better trailer.
  4. STAR WARS VII is actually going to be an interesting socioligical experiment. The film aims at three different audiances at the same time: The audiance that grew up with the original films, that prequel generation and the 6 year olds that have not yet been initiated.
    Very obviously the film will feature elements from both trilogies. In terms of aesthetics and story telling I predict the film will fall in line with the prequels. Cameos of the original actors and vehicles from the original films will be there to ceep the orthodox fans happy. There will be some practical tricks but most of it will be CG. The Falcon of the trailer looks much more like the Falcon of NEW HOPE Special Edition than the Falcon of 1977-1983.
    It will be interesting to see how all this is going to blend into a new film.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    Very obviously the film will feature elements from both trilogies. In terms of aesthetics and story telling I predict the film will fall in line with the prequels.

I hope for the sake of the human race you're wrong.

The "story telling", as you so generously call it, was the worse thing about the prequels. I could have forgiven all the green screen tomfoolery had they had actual STORIES and CHARACTERS to root for.

Anyway, this is not the place for prequel bashing. So I'll leave it at that. Here's where prequel shaming should be directed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    the 6 year olds that have not yet been initiated.

You do know that ALL 6 year old have already been initiated. FACT!

Captain Future wrote
    In terms of aesthetics and story telling I predict the film will fall in line with the prequels.

You don't bring in Lawrence Kasden if you want your films to fall in line with the prequels.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014
    Martijn wrote

I changed my mind.
    THIS may just be the greatest thing ever to be produced.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Martijn wrote

I changed my mind.
    THIS may just be the greatest thing ever to be produced.

2.25 G. T. F. biggrin