• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well you can keep her, would never ever want to land between her thighs... tongue That part definitely made her famous with us boys (men).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2008
    Darth Vader
    Khan
    Voldermort (sp?)
    The Borg
    The Master

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2008 edited
    One mean sonofabitch is Brick Top from Snatch (2000) - particularly his little monologue about how long it takes a bunch of pigs to devour a corpse. Not a nice guy at all.

Same goes for Gene Hackman's Little Bill Daggett-character in Eastwood's Unforgiven (1992). Perhaps not a scary villain in the gooseflesh-sense, but one mean mutha.

Bob from Twin Peaks (1990-91). One word: SCARY.

Cujo (you know, the dog) in Cujo (1983). (Although to call him a villain per se may be slightly off the mark).

Mrs. Baylock, the satanic governess from The Omen (the original 1976 movie that is). The kid is so-so, but Billie Whitelaw's take on the governess is just chilling to the bone.

The Pod People from either Don Siegel's 1956 original or Philip Kaufman's 1978 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the ending of the Kaufman-movie is almost unbearable).

Dr. Christian Szell - Lawrence Olivier's nazi dentist in Marathon Man (1976).

The rednecks in Deliverance (1972).

Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins) from Psycho.

Dr. Norman Spencer from What Lies Beneath (2000). Clever casting choice for the villain here.

Kevin (Elijah Wood) from Sin City (2005).

Sgt. Barnes (Tom Berenger) from Platoon (1986).
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2008
    Good list there Mogens, a few I'd like to have mentioned if I'd thought of them.

And Mooner too....The Master/ Yeaaahhh!! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I might sound childish/weird but anyone else too thinks Maleficent from Disney's Sleeping Beauty was an awesome female villain? When we were young, my friends and I used to be so scared in the spindle wheel scene where her dark silhouette appears in the fireplace with her eyes glowing an eerie green!! Chernabog from Fantasia has to be the best Disney villain till date!

Others are...

Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix (sadly underused, but in her brief scenes, she ws terrific)
    The Beast from Krull (for some reason I love this one biggrin )
    Unnamed Carnotaurs from Dinosaur (I had nightmares for about a week after watching the attack in the cave scene)
    Agent Smith from the Matrix Trilogy
    Gothmog from the LoTR trilogy (indeed, he had more part tha Sauron)
    Doc Ock from Spiderman II (man he beats the crap out of Spidey before being defeated)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Most innept villain?

Wily E. Coyote cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008
    Tavington from The Patriot

Michael Keaton in Desperate Measures

Alec Baldwin in The Edge

The villian from First Knight

The German officer that goes over the cliff in The Last Crusade
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    Ahhhh a good reminder of Belloq in Raiders Of The Lost Ark but even more sinister than him was the Nazi ( don't remember his name? ) who gets the staff of Ra imprinted / burnt into his hand, he was vile! tongue

Have we had many Western villains yet?

I'd nominate Tuco from The Good The Bad And The Ugly....not someone you'd want to cross.

Worse than him though is Bruce Dern in The Cowboys, he shot John Wayne dead, not only that but he shot him in the back......man, you don't get more evil than that! dizzy No wonder a young Laura Dern got so much stick from other kids at school with shouts of "your dad killed John Wayne" wink
  2. Some women:

Judi Dench in NOTES ON A SCANDAL

Linda Fiorentino in THE LAST SEDUCTION

Liv Tyler in ONE NIGHT AT MCCOOL'S
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Some women:

Judi Dench in NOTES ON A SCANDAL

Linda Fiorentino in THE LAST SEDUCTION

Liv Tyler in ONE NIGHT AT MCCOOL'S

Nurse Ratchet ( sic ) in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

And has anyone mentioned Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    BobdH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    But he can SEE through it.

But you wouldn't KNOW it.

Uh-huh... and it's such an alien mask you can't tell WHICH way he's looking! slant

Darth Vader BY FAR is the scariest (and best) villain I can think of.
    Sure, a lot of that has to do with the fact that I first watched Star Wars at seven years of age, the foreboding, darkclad demon with the voice that made worlds tremble inflicting itself on my subconscious for ever more, but even from a more objective perspective, Vader's got *everything* that makes an excellent villain. He's SO evil, you can't help but love him, which in the end has its pay-off by the fact that he does turn!

Anyway, my list:
    1. (by far) Darth Vader
    (David Prowse / James Earl Jones)

2. Nazis
    Any Nazi, really. The helmet or cap, or swastika is enough to enthusiastically spray the ol'Thompson gun or applaud a couple of Shermans starting to shell a whole train station.

3. Indio
    (Gian Maria Volonte)
    The villain from For A Few Dollars More, charismatic, handsome and completely psychotic. This man will shoot you as soon as look at you. But only after slaughtering your kid, your wife and your dog. His utter disregard for life or morality and his razorsharp mind makes him one of the coldest, most unpredictable bad guys in movie history.

4. The Wicked Witch Of The West
    (Margaret Hamilton)
    The Ultimate in witchdom, from The Wizard Of Oz, of course.
    She loves to torture little dogs and kill little girls, withot the slightest bit of hesitation or scrupules. In fact, she just basks in it!
    How evil can you get?

5. Max Cady
    (Robert Mitchum )
    The ex-con from Cape Fear. Obsessed, without conscience, mean and holding a grudge. Hellbent on destroying his ex-lawyers life bit by bit, he uses and abuses legal boundaries to tear a man's life apart. One of the most viscious sons of a bitch ever to darken the screen.

Honourable (or indeed DIShonourable as the case may be)mentions:
    In the "Corrupt Egotistical Abuse Of Power" category: Captain Bligh (Mutiny On The Bounty)
    In the "I'm Only Doing My Job" category: Grand Moff Tarkin (Star Wars)
    In the "The Evil Of Science" category: Josef Mengele (Boys From Brazil)
    In the "It's Just Their Nature" category: a tie between Aliens and the Terminator (Alien / The Terminator)
    In the "Mad As An Armed And Dangerous Hatter" category: Jane Hudson (Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I agree with Max Cady. Unfortunately Darth Vader is no longer scary for me. He's Hayden Christensen with no arms and no legs in a black suit with a 'Hail to the Chief' march. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Right.
    And you can actually see Hayden having this little motivational talk with the troops?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    Maybe as far as Vader goes, Lucasfilm Licensing is scarier still.

But this one may be the scariest of all (I want it! I want it!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn, Re : Terminator

It's in his Programming NOT Nature smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But isn't that the nature of his program?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What did people think of Phillip Seymor Hoffman's role in MI-III?
  4. Too small and insubstantial.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    franz_conrad wrote
    Too small and insubstantial.

Fair play. I thought his end was pathetic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    But isn't that the nature of his program?

I guess so?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    biggrin
    YOU're no fun!
    I was hoping for a heated nature-nurture debate here!
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    biggrin
    YOU're no fun!
    I was hoping for a heated nature-nurture debate here!
    biggrin

I guess so?

Your move punk...
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009
    1. Belloq in Raiders
    2. Robert Green (Alec Baldwin) in The Edge
    3. Malignant (Ben Cross) in First Knight
    4. Captain Love in The Mask of Zorro
    5. Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart) in The Dark Knight

Runner ups':
    Nazi's always make great villains.
    Anthony Hopkins as Captain Bligh in The Bounty. Of course, he is only a villain based on point of view.
    Jason Issacs as Colonel Tavington in the Patriot
    The Lions in the Maneaters of Tsavo
    Numerous Bond villains
    Toole as Henry II in Becket
    Alan Rickman in Robin Hodd and Die Hard