• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    Dan's retired. smile

No, I'm very much still around and active.....

Thomas wrote
    It's sad to see a film music website dying. sad

Again, feel free to email dak@soundtrack.net.......
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    Dan, you are
    dgoldwas wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Dan's retired. smile

@ Soundtrack.net? It seems you spend more of your time at ScoringSesssions.com these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    tjguitar wrote
    Dan, you are
    dgoldwas wrote
    tjguitar wrote
    Dan's retired. smile

@ Soundtrack.net? It seems you spend more of your time at ScoringSesssions.com these days.

I do some data/news updates and movie/dvd reviews. David is in charge of soundtrack reviews..... and the reviewers.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008 edited
    Why'd you stop reviewing soundtracks, Dan?

Yes I know, we need to e-mail David Koran to request you be given soundtracks to review again. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    tjguitar wrote
    Why'd you stop reviewing soundtracks, Dan?

Because as I kept doing more and more websites (gotta pay the bills, you know), I had fewer composers I could actually review. Kinda ironic, in some way!
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    lucky bastard. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008 edited
    I frequently visit SoundtrackNet, mainly for interviews and the huge database, rather than reviews. I'm just a starter as a film score fan, so basic information about tracklists, composers, labels, etc. is really useful. And audio samples are amazing! Looks like there are samples from almost all the albums...! Clips from older releases are hard to find at other places.

And yes, those ads are sometimes annoying, but I think your web design is neat and easy to browse. smile

Thank you and keep it up, Dan! beer
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas wrote
    It's sad to see a film music website dying. sad

Yeah... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DazzledByYou wrote
    ...and (at least on the face of it) is a bit movie-review oriented. That doesn't seem to fit with the thrust of the site ... or its name. I just can't see people going to soundtrack.net for moview reviews. Why not create a sister site for that?

I agree! I have never quite understood that, either...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote

But it's not him, as he'll remind you that he's repeatedly said. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DazzledByYou wrote
    ...and (at least on the face of it) is a bit movie-review oriented. That doesn't seem to fit with the thrust of the site ... or its name. I just can't see people going to soundtrack.net for moview reviews. Why not create a sister site for that?

Most probably financial reasons.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DazzledByYou wrote

Most probably financial reasons.

Hmmm, possibly... I never considered that before, but maybe you're right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Miya wrote

dgoldwas wrote
    I do some data/news updates...

wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Miya wrote
    Steven wrote
    Miya wrote

dgoldwas wrote
    I do some data/news updates...

wink

Fair enough. But it seems Dan is not so much involved in Soundtrack.Net as he used to be, that's why I mention it.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    To sound like a broken record: David Koran (dak@soundtrack.net) is now responsible for album reviews on SoundtrackNet. The rate at which I post my movie reviews has been unchanged for the past 1.5 years, and I'm sorry if the album reviews aren't able to keep pace.
    • CommentAuthortjguitar
    I don't care about David Koran. Daivd Koran doesn't use the SoundtrackNet handle.

We got our answer as to why Mr. Goldwasser no longer writes album reviews for Soundtrack.net:

there seems to be a conflict of interest. :D A pity, cause his reviews were well written.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    tjguitar wrote
    there seems to be a conflict of interest. :D A pity, cause his reviews were well written.

Thanks! I would LOVE to write soundtrack reviews. Unfortunately, though, it just seems like there are really fewer scores I could effectively review without feeling like I was in some conflict of interest (or accused of one). Web design is what is currently keeping me alive here in LA (NOT the plethora of ads on SoundtrackNet), and since most of my clients are film composers..... well, do the math.

I think it was funny that on another messageboard, someone said I was "in the tank" for Zimmer, or something like that, and that's why IRON MAN got 4.5/5. Well, in that particular case I disagree with the rating of the score (though I am friendly with Ramin Djawadi), but I also had absolutely nothing to do with the review.

Since it's all about perception (not necessarily the facts of the situation) it was obvious earlier on that I would be better off limiting my reviews to film reviews. But if anyone asks privately, I'm happy to share my opinion!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009 edited
    Umm...is STN working properly? When I go on there I'm greeted with a blank page. confused

Edit: And ScoringSessions too. sad