• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013
    Crazy people!

Seriously, though, I can understand this from the perspective you're coming from.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's simple Thor, we wanted the music and there was no other way to get it. A lot of people here are born into an era where they have the luxury of complaining about a couple of tracks not included on a release, and then there are a few of us who come from an era where a handful of soundtrack releases a year was a luxury and NOBODY to moan or complain to when certain tracks or pieces weren't included.

The "good old days" rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. That's actually one aspect of the good old days I think was better than now. Less complaining about missing music, less obsession about the C&C and more time to talk about the actual music -- the contents on the soundtrack. In fact, you don't have to go back further than the early 2000's to see this in action, before the proliferation of specialty labels.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. For pure nostalgia I still own some of these recordings.

There are two shows I loved in my childhood that I bought on DVD for the sole reason that I could rip the themes. I was sure this themes would never get released on CD and so far I was right.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    Crazy people!

^ This coming from the president of the crazy club!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. James Horner's score to A Beautiful Mind did it for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013
    NP: STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (Danny Elfman)

One of my favourite Elfmans in the 2000's.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    NP: STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (Danny Elfman)

One of my favourite Elfmans in the 2000's.

PST -- wrong thread.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oops. Right you are.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My standard answer has always been "Peter Gunn," the first album I ever purchased with my allowance money in 1959. It was followed by "Hamlet Fantasy Overture," from Tchaikovsky, with Sir Adrian Boult conducting the London Philharmonic and "Egyptian" by Bernard Herrmann. From there it was getting into band and the flames were further fueled and the rest is history.

Thinking back a bit further I remember listening to a 78RPM my Dad had of "Laura," taken from the movie. This may have initially sparked my interest in film music.

Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I forgot to mention that the very first record I ever bought was by John Barry, THE PERSUADERS on a 45rpm single, John Barry's name meant nothing to me but I loved the show and the theme so I went out and bought it when it became a top 20 hit single.

After that I mostly bought pop records but a couple of years later I played the B-side of The Persuaders, 'The Girl With The Sun In Her Hair' for the first time and that was my OMG epithany moment, a tune I loved and recognised ( a variation of it was long used in Sunsilk shampoo commercials ) but in a version that sounded James Bondish, a check through a record shops ( as always pitiful ) soundtrack section confirmed my suspicions that Bond music and John Barry were connected, so, though I'd always loved film and TV music it was from this moment that my love for film scores truly awakened.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    I forgot to mention that the very first record I ever bought was by John Barry, THE PERSUADERS on a 45rpm single, John Barry's name meant nothing to me but I loved the show and the theme so I went out and bought it when it became a top 20 hit single.

After that I mostly bought pop records but a couple of years later I played the B-side of The Persuaders, 'The Girl With The Sun In Her Hair' for the first time and that was my OMG epithany moment, a tune I loved and recognised ( a variation of it was long used in Sunsilk shampoo commercials ) but in a version that sounded James Bondish, a check through a record shops ( as always pitiful ) soundtrack section confirmed my suspicions that Bond music and John Barry were connected, so, though I'd always loved film and TV music it was from this moment that my love for film scores truly awakened.

It's "epiphany", Timmer, epiPHany! spin
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh noes! I've been Stevened!!! shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
    listen to more classical music!