• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Will "The Way" be released?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011
    The Way

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Way-Origina … B004SUM8QW

The samples sound pretty promising. A low key but emotional score with intimate styling. Probably a lot of solo instrument performances in this one.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why, this composer has so many fans
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Why, this composer has so many fans

Because people have different tastes?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, none.
  2. The real question would be: why all of you always talk about this guy like he we're the devil? It's just another guy trying to make what he does for a living. I'm sure that no matter if he write an amazing orchestral score, with a lot of memorable themes, you guys are still going to rant about it.

Because, Super and The Way are different from his previous scores, he's now trying to make good scores with melodies and themes, and you still are complaining. Like he we're worst than Zimmer and his MV clones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yonythemoony wrote
    Like he we're worst than Zimmer and his MV clones.

But... but... he is!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Listening The Way samples and the Super suite in Soundtrack Geek it seems he don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sometime people get lucky...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Sometimes people get a director who can bring the best of them.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    i have bought the soundtrack from The Way two weeks ago. it is a very good score. it has great melodies performed by solo instruments like different guitars, piano, percussions, a small string section and solo vocals. i haven't seen the movie yet, but the music will fit perfect to the topic of the movie. it's a very emotional score and when you listen to this music you're immediately in a special atmosphere. i love this kind of music. it's his best score to date.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    Like he we're worst than Zimmer and his MV clones.

But... but... he is!

-Erik-

Oh, way worse. No comparison. Worst than anyone else on the field right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2011
    Lars wrote
    i have bought the soundtrack from The Way two weeks ago. it is a very good score. it has great melodies performed by solo instruments like different guitars, piano, percussions, a small string section and solo vocals. i haven't seen the movie yet, but the music will fit perfect to the topic of the movie. it's a very emotional score and when you listen to this music you're immediately in a special atmosphere. i love this kind of music. it's his best score to date.

This sounds interesting......i'll catch a listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
    yonythemoony wrote
    Because, Super and The Way are different from his previous scores, he's now trying to make good scores with melodies and themes, and you still are complaining. Like he we're worst than Zimmer and his MV clones.

I heard SUPER (and i was wondering who ever said it was good in the first place) and i am sorry, i don't hear any difference. Same ol' crappy synth stuff and vocals all over the place, cheap and unorganized. Haven't head THE WAY. I am interested to hear what he'll do with CONAN. (..) .
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am interested to hear what he'll do with CONAN. (..) .

freezing vomit sleep

Pick any of those. You won't fail.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. Reviews of some of the scores of the year:

- Conan the Barbarian
    - The Darkest Hour
    - Super

Just in time to remind me I need to start listening to some real music
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Man I feel for you... Just make sure to never send a T. Bates score my way.

Or it would have to be a frisbee.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. The Conan movie wasn't a remake. It was a new take on Robert E. Howard's comics, and what I heard, the movie (good or bad) was much more faithful to them than the adaptation with Arnold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011 edited
    yonythemoony wrote
    The Conan movie wasn't a remake. It was a new take on Robert E. Howard's comics, and what I heard, the movie (good or bad) was much more faithful to them than the adaptation with Arnold.

Maybe, but it still sucked donkey pants. A missed opportunity, in my not so humble opinion.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    Thor wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    The Conan movie wasn't a remake. It was a new take on Robert E. Howard's comics, and what I heard, the movie (good or bad) was much more faithful to them than the adaptation with Arnold.

Maybe, but it still sucked donkey pants. A missed opportunity, in my not so humble opinion.

You are far too generous Thor. Conan (2011) is atrocious. In every aspect of it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. It's a movie, not the end of the world. So, don't overreact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    Gotta love a bit of unintentional irony.
  9. yonythemoony wrote
    It's a movie, not the end of the world. So, don't overreact.

And until such time as the end of the world, we'll overreact where needed.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Gotta love a bit of unintentional irony.

sharp! biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    LOL....such fun review about the The Darkest Hour, Thomas!!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    to be honest i like many scores by tyler bates, but this one is not my cup of tea. maybe it works in the movie, maybe not. i haven't seen it yet. but i don't see, why we have to blame bates for that? that's what the director and producers wanted. that means every other composer had also to create/compose this kind of music/sound design. there was no chance for other music, because the filmmakers wanted no music. they wanted this aweful sound design. i don't want defend this soundtrack, but bates just did his job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lars wrote
    why we have to blame bates for that? that's what the director and producers wanted.

Although the composer may not have the final say as to what style and approach a film will be scored in, you can still 'blame' the composer for the music itself. A more skilled composer can still produce something of significance given the restrictions of the filmmakers.
  10. yonythemoony wrote

if it uses the same name, I only see it as a remake. It may appear to be different, but that's what the producers are aiming for. The people immediately think of the original one, and think they will be getting the same in return.
  11. Kri1985 wrote
    LOL....such fun review about the The Darkest Hour, Thomas!!

thanks Krisztina, it's sad that I have much more inspiration for something so atrocious
  12. Lars wrote
    to be honest i like many scores by tyler bates, but this one is not my cup of tea. maybe it works in the movie, maybe not. i haven't seen it yet. but i don't see, why we have to blame bates for that? that's what the director and producers wanted. that means every other composer had also to create/compose this kind of music/sound design. there was no chance for other music, because the filmmakers wanted no music. they wanted this aweful sound design. i don't want defend this soundtrack, but bates just did his job.

Lars, I think at times that I'm one of the few who actually likes Bates his music, but there is no excuse for a score as The Darkest Hour. This is not even music. Ok, it may fit the movie, but that doesn't mean he has to make it sound like that.

I know producers and directors nowadays ask for something like this, but for me composing is still about thematic and melodic harmony. I know Bates has it in him, his scores do have shown me that. But once you compare The Darkest Hour with everything else (even of him), then I have to attack that. Simply because it is not the composer I'm attacking, but the stuff he creates. I really can't believe Bates was happy writing this, and if it wasn't his choice, then I feel very very sorry for him.