• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. There should be a bit more selective decisions before a soundtrack is released.

Perhaps a soundtrack release is "locked in" to all the publicity for a film at an early stage, before the score is even written? Then, when the time comes, a label may be contractually obliged to release the album - no matter what the quality?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorJon Broxton
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2011 edited
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    A zero rating and a half rating? I nearly want to hear it.

but not really.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2011
    Lars wrote
    to be honest i like many scores by tyler bates, but this one is not my cup of tea. maybe it works in the movie, maybe not. i haven't seen it yet. but i don't see, why we have to blame bates for that? that's what the director and producers wanted. that means every other composer had also to create/compose this kind of music/sound design. there was no chance for other music, because the filmmakers wanted no music. they wanted this aweful sound design. i don't want defend this soundtrack, but bates just did his job.

Can all the directors he ever worked with be as clueless? 'Cause all his scores are problematic, regardless. Yeah, blame the directors....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    He is having a very funny rant over Facebook.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012 edited
    You are *friends* with him?

EDIT: if he's serious (and it certainly sounds that way), I don't even know where to start on this.
    And your answer rocks.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, obviously it is fun wink But yeah, if he's serious, i think it's a very funny one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ha! 'Ironic', you mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote

EDIT: if he's serious (and it certainly sounds that way), I don't even know where to start on this.
    And your answer rocks.

Could somebody post the correspondence here? I can't load that link (perhaps I am blocked?!)
  2. Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

And your answer rocks.

Could somebody post the correspondence here? I can't load that link (perhaps I am blocked?!)

you have to go down a little bit, the part ACTIVITY is to the right
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It won't even let me look at the page.
  3. well, here's the conversation, I deleted all the other facebook messages

Bates said: For the love of God or Whatever, please stop posting photos of your sessions with orchestras and iconic pictures that should only exist in the form of true idols like Mick Jagger and Peter Gab riel. A Film composer - please. Not so much. Lets save or excitement for truly incredible events that positively effect those in need. Otherwise, go jerk off in your mirror, not my Facebook page!

Demetris said: Well you obviously have a thing against orchestras in general wink

and then Bates said a couple of hours later (not to Demetris) but in a new topic:

Now I know that some you are paying attention to whatever drivel-filled rant I decide to post on this page. I'm just having a little fun... Smile.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. I'm curious, did he write that himself, or did he plagarize it from other Facebook posts?

ZING!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    dizzy

I said it before ( somewhere ) and I'll say it again, composers should keep out of touching distance of fans, music NOT chat. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    dizzy

I said it before ( somewhere ) and I'll say it again, composers should keep out of touching distance of fans, music NOT chat. wink

Exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013
    http://scoremagacine.blogspot.gr/2013/0 … bates.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013
    Did you just post something positive about Tyler Bates? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Are there samples of Bate's Guardians of the Galaxy? I couldn't find any.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    And for a reason i think wink
  6. Demetris wrote
    And for a reason i think wink

D, have you had a listen to Bates' score for the 2011 film The Way?

It's quite an introspective score; strong acoustic elements - particularly acoustic guitar - make this a bit of a departure from the usual Tyler Bates excess.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. I think I remember D. praising that one, actually?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014 edited
    Yeah that was good indeed smile And his army of two score the same year was enjoyable from what i remember.
  8. Devil's Cartel? That was the other Tyler wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2014
  9. My review of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, for anyone interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/08/05/guard … ler-bates/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014 edited
    It amazes me that you all know so much about Marvel and DC, and on top of that that you know what heroes live in which universe. I don't know at all. How can you keep them apart from each other? Also, after 10 years of superhero movies, I hope the end is near? There must be an end to this right?
    Kazoo
  10. The same way you can tell apart Cliff Eidelman, Stephen Endelman, Randy Edelman and Danny Elfman. Familiarity!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014
    I wish Collins John and John Collins had played for Fulham at the same time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014
    Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. What a fun film, and a great score by Tyler Bates. Really love his main theme! punk