• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009
    What James said. beer

p.s. I thought Watchmen was EXCELLENT!!! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You DID?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    No way
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    No way

I think he means the movie. Which is very odd too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009 edited
    biggrin

Whatever it is, Tim, you are so grounded, no pool this weekend angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    biggrin

Whatever it is, Tim, you are so grounded, no pool this weekend angry

sad cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    No way

Yeap! Great film. The score was okay-ish. Iliked the use of Philip Glass music which was far better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    No way

Yeap! Great film. The score was okay-ish.

Outrageous.

No beer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If I shut up now will I still be allowed to breathe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Deal!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can I haz beer 2?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    No way

Yeap! Great film. The score was okay-ish. Iliked the use of Philip Glass music which was far better.

I thought it was too long, the characters didn't have adequate motives behind their actions (no real villains, nothing really in their past that would spark such actions), Dr. Manhattan (named like this to scare the russians!?) was easily convinced and changed his opinion every 2 minutes, they didn't have real super powers except for the beams mambo jumbo of the blue guy, the scenario was very poor (ok, so he bombed the world, killed millions of people and blamed the blue guy so that us and Russia could jump from the eminent nuclear war into being best friends ever in just one second!?! esp. the ending sequence with the newspaper boss and the "there's nothing to write about anymore since all countries in the world are holding hands and singing about world peace was plain vomit), president nixon's portrayal was plain ridiculous etc etc, the action was very limited and was rather focused on silly dialogues instead that dragged and went on forever, the characters (with 2 exceptions, the comedian and the protagonist) were very uninteresting and you didn't care about their actions, the standardized voice over for this director's movie is getting very, very tiring........It had so many bad things about it, that i could be writing forever! It really seemed to me exactly NOT the kind of film you wou'd enjoy Tim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thanks James my friend! The only way survivable for me is this new format, what do you think of it?

That's certainly good for MT! I'm updating the review pages currently, and I'll try to include options to enable a focus on capsule reviews, so that these can be ordered/shown/focused on separately from the normal reviews. I remember Alan wanting to do something like that as well, with Spanish and Italian scores. I hope he joins in, because then we'd have quite the diversity (which we now already have a little).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I can do smaller, like a column or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
  1. Has he also confirmed which scores he'll be aping?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    Yay!
  2. YAY ...

smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    I look forward to your review of it, Thomas.
  3. Steven wrote
    I look forward to your review of it, Thomas.

me too dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Has he also confirmed which scores he'll be aping?

I think he said he'll get Symphonette#2 in there.

mc
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    biggrin
  4. Hey, I'll join the lawsuit parade, no problem.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    Rumor has it this is the main poster in his bedroom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010
    Sooooooooooooo... Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen) is directing the reboot of Superman. I wonder what Tyler Bates' score will sound like... rolleyes

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Well, you may not get Tyler Bates. Nolan produces it. Prepare for an RC score for Superman I guess. Makes the Tyler Bates option somewhat enticing.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2010 edited
    The fact that he produces, wont mean Snyder will get rid of his favorite composer, I guess. Maybe he'll get a mentoring Zimmer (like Julyan had on The Prestige) but that'll be about it, me thinks ("no no no, ze muss not Goldenthal kopieren! Copy Powell, I've got some samples for you").
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Sooooooooooooo... Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen) is directing the reboot of Superman. I wonder what Tyler Bates' score will sound like... rolleyes

-Erik-

cool, I mean that for the movie. Snyder is one of my favourite directors, what a fantastic vision and visual style this guy has.

As for the score, wait and see shame
  7. Maybe we'll get his hooters composer.