• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013 edited
    Just got this in my press mailbox. Don't think it has been posted somewhere else so it's rather exclusive! Reminds me of the Jay Rifkin (?) troubles 10 years ago I think? It sounds rather serious to me.

BURBANKIA, CA. Hans Zimmer's score for the re-imagining of Superman, Man of Steel, has been rejected by Henry Jackman in a move that can only be described as the spectacular finale of a series of events that are rooted in Zimmer's decision to attach Jackman's name to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter; a score the composer apparently didn't even work on because he was on holiday in England, or the United Kingdom as it is sometimes called. Jackman's move comes totally unexpected and is an unprecedented case in the business of crediting.

However, it is not without consequences. The shares of Remote Control Studios dropped with 7% per composer and are now worth less than they were when Steve Jablonsky composed the music for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a score that caused the death of a sound engineer on the movie. It is clear that investors lost confidence in RCP. One of its earliest shareholders is Ridley Scott. In a comment to us regarding the affair that rocks the foundations of Hollywood, the director claimed that he never heard of Henry Jackman, or Marc Streitenfeld for that matter, and that the shareholders all reacted too emotionally. The director of Prometheus and G.I. Jane has also banned emotions from his recent movies. This uncertainty over the future of film scoring will have devastating results, he says.

Hans Zimmer himself is reported to have travelled to Germany, or the country that is the owner of several South European countries as it is sometimes called in these South European countries, to find money and new investors in what is also home country. Henry Jackman appears to have left the company. Man of Steel director Zack Snyder was not able to respond as he's on a family trip in Scotland, or England as it should be called.

In Hollywood the consensus is that something needs to happen soon. Remote Control Productions has been delivering more than 30% of its scores. A breakdown could be catastrophic because there are obviously no composers enough that can handle the large orchestras that RCP relies on. On top of that, small orchestras are unable to overtake the RCP jobs because they are unable to overcome the sound effects and all the noise in large blockbusters. Recently though, RCP has taken a new route, with The Bible miniseries as a first example, to score epicness with cheap synths to allow also smaller scaled fantasy films to be scored appropriately. According to anonymous film music community member First Breath, The Bible series announces a whole new era in film scoring.

Several have showed interest in taking over the troubled RCP. James Horner And Friends, a mysterious venture capitalist, and owner of the works of classical composers such as Brahms, Mahler and Chopin is also creator of several famous tunes including the trademarked 4NoteMotif, an important beacon in the past 30 years of film scoring in Hollywood. JHAF is said to have raised money for the works of Zimmer and especially Gladiator. Analysts see this as a smart detour that could be a sign that James Horner And Friends is also after the copyright on the music of Holst. Sadly, that's a rather small investment and leaves out many other possible arrangements. Elliot Goldenthal, well-known for the entertaining score for Zack Snyder's 300 and for not scoring any film the past few years, including the film 300, is said, rather surprisingly, to have no interest in RCP at all.

It's clear from the current outset that the situation is critical. The future of film scoring seems to be uncertain. Investors are not keen to take the risk in these bare times. However, we can close this exclusive bulletin with a positive note and that is that Man of Steel will be scored by Thomas Newman, a composer who recently has gone into another direction, with much applause from James Bond fanatics. Newman has been reported to collaborate with A.R. Rahman for the film's song.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013
  1. lol indeed!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn, for a moment i forgot it was april fool's day. I was glad but then i looked at the calendar....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. funny lol
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Sadly, that's a rather small investment and leaves out many other possible arrangements. Elliot Goldenthal, well-known for the entertaining score for Zack Snyder's 300 and for not scoring any film the past few years, including the film 300...

lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Well done, sir.
  4. When reached for a comment at his home, a reporter, Kenny Brockelstein, for Channel 6 news asked Zimmer if some of the allegations were true, to which he responded, "Ach du Lieber Hölle!!!"

When pointed out he was sitting on a keyboard, he responded, "I'm composing."
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Wonderful!

'A score that caused the death of a sound engineer'
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am