• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013 edited
    Record label Varese Sarabande looks to double its out put of film soundtracks with assist from new parent.

Studio City music label Varese Sarabande Records is turning the volume way up on its film soundtrack business. The new track is part of a shift in strategy after its recent acquisition by Cutting Edge Group, which invests in movie music rights and partnered last year with New Haven, Conn., investment firm Wood Creek Capital Management to buy the label. CONTINUE READING...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    The output increase seems to be aimed mainly at commercial releases (song albums and the likes) that reach a bigger audience, I do hope that they will take the Lakeshore records route and release a VA and a score album for films that warrant both. But as suspected, I doubt the Varese Club will be high on their priority list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I like the song album approach. If they can get a big seller that route then they can sink the profits into releasing more score only albums and hopefully get stuff like Air Force One and Starship Troopers expanaded financed. Maybe do some more re-recordings!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    Well if song albums that i'll never buy, still give them the extra money to release more score albums, then i am sold!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. How many song albums succeed? When I went into stores to buy score Cd's, once upon a time, there were no shortages of unsold copies of Inspired By song ablums.

And it can cost more, depending on the songs and rights owners, to get the rights to use them.

They might have to pick & hose, otherwise they'll be paying to store boxes of unsold Inspired By song ablums.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013
    face-palm-mt

Did you read the article?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013 edited
    Most percentage of the general public usually aim for the song albums and are disappointed extremely, if by some 'accident' they buy the original score album instead wink ("where's the song heard in the movie?!?! this album is a rip-off! ")
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013
    I remember when Spider-Man 2 came out, they put a massive sticker on the front of the case saying "ORIGINAL SCORE by Danny Elfman".
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    I like the song album approach. If they can get a big seller that route then they can sink the profits into releasing more score only albums and hopefully get stuff like Air Force One and Starship Troopers expanaded financed. Maybe do some more re-recordings!

-Erik-

If this is what they do I'm all for it.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. I would be interested to know how you people assess the direction VS is taking. The Club seems to be gone for good. At least it's in hibernation. They continue to concentrate on young hot composers, and on releasing their current scores. Archival releases and re-recordings they seem to be done with. Well, re-recordings seem to be a thing of the past anyway.

VS used to be the Deutsche Grammophon of film music. The way they act now they could as well have been aquired by Universal.

What do you think?

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2013
    The Club definitely isn't gone for good. It'll be back before long (info straight from the horse's mouth!)
  3. Hear, hear!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.