• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2008
    Oddly enough, we haven't created a thread for the man who scored 2007's biggest box-office hit, Spider-Man 3. He is one of my all-time favourites, and a dazzling entertainer and cool guy as well!

This just in: his latest assignment is A TALE OF TWO SISTERS!

http://upcomingfilmscores.blogspot.com/ … sters.html

Cheers,

mc
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I enjoyed reading Young's liner notes in the Fahrenheit 451 cd booklet.
    He's a huge fan of Bernard Herrman!
  1. Ah, A Tale of Two Sisters, the remake of the rather difficult to follow Hong Kong horror classic, If its as spine tingling as An Exorcism on Emily Rose or great as The Grudge 2 as music we'll be fine
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Ah, A Tale of Two Sisters, the remake of the rather difficult to follow Hong Kong horror classic, If its as spine tingling as An Exorcism on Emily Rose or great as The Grudge 2 as music we'll be fine

KOREAN horror film wink
    But yes, if the music is so good as The Grudge 2, I´m in!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008
    COMPOSER CHRISTOPHER YOUNG FINDS HIMSELF IN “UNTRACEABLE”

Thriller Stars Oscar Nom Diane Lane, Opens January 25

“Sleepwalking” Premieres @ Sundance Jauuary 22

(Los Angeles, CA) Award-winning composer Christopher Young adds to an impressive list of nearly 100 feature films in virtually every genre with the score to Screen Gems/Lakeshore Entertainment release “Untraceable,” the latest thriller by director Gregory Hoblit from a script by Allison Burnett. Starring Best Actress Oscar nominee Diane Lane, “Untraceable” finds itself in theaters January 25.

The film centers on an FBI cyber cop (Lane) as she races to track down a ruthless online predator who conducts violent and painful murders live on the net. Film composer Young provides a thrilling score, as he did for the box office breaking "Spider-Man 3." Young's distinctive and imaginative approaches to several unusual projects have made him a highly sought-after commodity on films with unusual subject matter. He wrote an ingenious score incorporating breathing effects for the offbeat film "The Vagrant"; provided a darkly dramatic score to the Christian Slater/Kevin Bacon prison drama "Murder in the First"; and tuned in perfectly to the offbeat sensibility of the Bill Murray comedy "The Man Who Knew Too Little." His long list of works include the scores for "Hellraiser" and its sequel "Hellbound: Hellraiser II"; plus such hits as "Runaway Jury," "The Shipping News," "The Core" and "The Grudge."

Recently honored at the 13th Annual Temecula Valley International Film & Music Festival with the award for Outstanding Career Achievement in Film Composing, Young has received numerous awards and nominations throughout a celebrated career. He has won three BMI Film & TV Awards (“The Grudge,” “Swordfish” and “Entrapment”) and a Saturn Award (“Hellbound: Hellraiser II.”) He has been nominated for two Emmys (“Norma Jean & Marilyn,” “Last Flight Out”) and received both Golden Globe and Broadcast Film Critics Association Award nominations for the Miramax film “The Shipping News.”

In addition to his busy film-composing schedule, Young is imparting his experience and knowledge to a new generation of film composers. He has been teaching at USC since the early Nineties.

He is currently completing “Sleepwalking,” a drama from director Bill Maher starring Charlize Theron, Dennis Hopper and Woody Harrelson making its premiere at the Sundance Film Festival January 22.

Author: Costa Communications
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    I had dreamt that he would score "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Now that dream is gone...
    Don't know if I should hate Tyler Bates for treading on my dreams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know; i am particularly looking forward to these new 2 projects though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Any word on CD release for Untraceable? If the film's opening tomorrow then I guess it doesn't look promising.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    Southall wrote
    Any word on CD release for Untraceable? If the film's opening tomorrow then I guess it doesn't look promising.

Yeah it will be released by Lakeshore Records soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2008
    Thanks Dom! I asked the agency but they didn't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008
    Although I have very little right now (that's the reason why Mikael won the race of annoucing A TALE OF TWO SISTERS wink ) I made a small but hopefully interesting update on my website:

- Additional cues of LUCKY YOU
    - Album info for LUCKY YOU
    - Untraceable cover

Cheers,
    Dom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    Untraceable - First Listen

Once again I am proud to offer the readers of chrisyoung-filmmusic.info an exclusive "First Listen". This time it is a preview of Christopher Young's score to Untraceable, directed by Gregory Hoblit...

Check it out at www.chrisyoung-filmmusic.info!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    Excellent Dom, nice work!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2008
    BSX releases An Unfinished Life - Piano Sketches

02/19/2008 Buysoundtrax records releases An Unfinished Life - Piano Sketches. The CD contains original suites composed by Christopher Young for demonstration purposes for the 2005 drama directed by Lasse Halström starring Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman. To order the CD featuring solo piano performances by Dave Guili go to buysoundtrax.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008
    Ummmm.... ummmmm... MORE piano sketches? Strange!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    According to this, http://www.officialchristopheryoung.com … raphy.html - which would seem to be fairly official! - several more Young goodies are on their way:

In Too Deep Revisited Coming to stores soon Score Only
    Something the Lord Made BSX Records Score Only
    Scenes of the Crime / Hiding Seek BSX Records Score Only
    Sleepwalking Lakeshore Score Only
    Species Intrada Score Only

Interesting!
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Haa, Species is excellent!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2008 edited
    Yeah this CDs are coming soon! I listed them as well a few days ago biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I look forward to more info. In Too Deep is one of two Young CDs I have somehow contrived to lose (the other being The Core angry ) - I wonder what is "revisited" about it? And Something the Lord Made is one I've been looking forward to since hearing a clip (probably at your site, Dom) ages ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    I wonder what is "revisited" about it?

The answer is pretty simple. The music that can be heard in the movie and is on the Varése CD represents only a third of what Chris originally composed for the movie - including a theme featuring a female vocalist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2008
    AN UNFINISHED LIFE - PIANO SKETCHES CD
    Christopher Young

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8881
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    Here we go again:

Sleepwalking - Soundtrack Preview

02/29/2008 Chrisyoung-filmmusic.info offers his readers an exclusive preview of Christopher Young's latest musical effort to Sleepwalking. Sleepwalking is the story of James Reedy (Nick Stahl), a simple man who leads a less than ordinary existence. When his sister Joleen (Charlize Theron) seemingly abandons her daughter Tara (Anna Sophia Robb) with him, Reedy steals away with the girl and takes to the road. A score CD will be released soon by Lakeshore Records. The movie opens nationally in March. Click on Chrisyoung-filmmusic.info and enjoy the clips.

P.S. Unfortunately I don'nt have the accurate tracklist yet so the tracknames aren't final.
  2. I really like his score to Rounders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2008
    Tom recommands Youngs latest, Untraceable!
    http://www.goldenscores.com/?a=features … &id=72

If you're a fan of Chris Young's music this is one to put into your collection for sure. His subtle method of achieving terror in a film is unsurpassed and puts him at the top of the list in the horror/terror category.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2008
    Outstanding!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2008 edited
    Hey guys,

it's nothing big but I finally added a short video from the disc signing session with Christopher Young during the Soncinemad festival last year to my website. So check it out at Chrisyoung-filmmusic.info

Cheers,
    Dom
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    THANKS mate!!!
  3. I like what I am hearing of "Sleepwalking".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    justin boggan wrote
    I like what I am hearing of "Sleepwalking".

Me too! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Can anyone who has the cd to Young's score for Flowers in the Attic (Intrada) let me know how to distinguish the genuine cd from a fake?
    Does the number on the cd ring/spine match the barcode on back cover?