• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    While I'm not looking forward to the film I am keen on hearing the score.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  1. It's good to know there will be certain composers in 2010 you can trust, Christopher Young is one that's placed on the highest positions of the list, this man can do no harm
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    A pretty exciting assignment for Chris:

http://moviescoremagazine.com/2010/03/y … el-priest/

mc
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Young excels in this genre.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, if you've heard CREATION, MURDER IN THE FIRST, SWEET NOVEMBER, THE SHIPPING NEWS, i'd say he can excel in any genre. The man's a great composer.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ........as for the movie, a manga adaptation by the director of...Legion? Yeah, bring it on. :yay:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, if you've heard CREATION, MURDER IN THE FIRST, SWEET NOVEMBER, THE SHIPPING NEWS, i'd say he can excel in any genre. The man's a great composer.

I agree, he's capable of anything but I just feel he excels just that little bit more in the supernatural horror genre.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    True.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    Golden Globe Nominated Composer Christopher Young to Premier on Film Music Live
    Find out more here:
    http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2010/ … poser.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010
    Just watched Ghost Rider (a little late, I know smile). There was a great piece of music were Johnny Blaze transforms into Ghost Rider for the first time - that music wasn't on the soundtrack album, if I'm correct? Would have loved the hear that outside of the movie...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Great black horror thriller there, and the music is killer! I don't remember the said piece i am afraid as i' watched it when it came out.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The film is lousy! Music was okay but not as good as I was led to believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Yeah, although I think the Ghost Rider character is pretty damn cool, the film was badly executed. In many scenes I had no idea what was going on, and why the characters did what they did...

The score on the other hand, is good, I think. Would have loved the above mentioned piece to have been on the cd, but can't have it all, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The film's kinda black humor, parody / homage at the same time, to the genre; you musn't take it too seriously. The music is killer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No it isn't! It's a very poor film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    D'OH!!!!! Just discovered the the piece of music I was looking for IS one the cd. It's the last track "The West Was Built on Legends" at 2:45... sorry for the fuzz! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2010
    I see LaLaLand have released this long OOP score.

HAUNTED SUMMER

It's a fantastic score, one of my favourites and well recommended if you don't have it.

A shame they didn't use the superbly macabre cover of the original Silva release though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    That's an awful cover.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    That's an awful cover.

-Erik-

Sorry Erik, but which one? The old Silva or the new?

I thought that they were both bad - for completely different reasons!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, the new one is pants. Looking at the Silva one now... oooooh.... neat! I like it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I see LaLaLand have released this long OOP score.

HAUNTED SUMMER

It's a fantastic score, one of my favourites and well recommended if you don't have it.

A shame they didn't use the superbly macabre cover of the original Silva release though.

Great news - a score that I had admittedly long forgotten about but one that I am glad has finally been granted a re-release.

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, the new one is pants. Looking at the Silva one now... oooooh.... neat! I like it!

-Erik-

I love that Silva cover cool Alan's obviously partaken of too much laudanum.

Like, perhaps, the artist on the silva cover wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010
    They're making a GHOST RIDER 2

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29338
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    WHY?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2010 edited
    Because they want another kick-ass score from Young, of course! They're setting the whole thing up just to expand upon the music!

If not, I'm clueless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd go for that Bob! punk
  2. Didn't think too much of both the film and score to be honest.

Apart from a fantastic theme, the music was a lot of noise and I never got it which is why I sold my copy.

A more coherent, thematic Ghost Rider 2 would be something I might be interested in. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010 edited
    An Unfinished Life:

On first listen, it was a bit... disappointing...

There are definitely very beautiful parts of the score, the opening cue in particular. But the rest of it is very sedate and restrained. It's like the more subtle, less Mexican cousin to Marty Stuart's All The Pretty Horses (which by comparison, is certainly the more attractive score). Apparently some of the key people that worked on All The Pretty Horses did some arranging on An Unfinished Life, so I'm wasn't totally surprised with the similar sound. In AUL, I wish that the 'main theme' was worked into more cues because it's one of the best things about the score. The piano solos were welcome after the end of the album but were not particularly special in adding to the album.

Rating: 3.5 stars.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010
    you're correct in that it was pretty subtle