• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    They're making a GHOST RIDER 2

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29338

I doubt Young will be back for Ghost Rider 2. It's directed by those hacks Neveldine and Taylor -- so forget Young being involved since they won't ask him back. They'll probably get someone like Geoff Zanelli to do it. sad
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2010
    Yay
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2011
    Nic Cage, talking about the sequel, seems to confirm this. It's going to be completely different compared to the first Ghost Rider, so don't expect Young to return...

How else are they changing the tone of the first film, is it even similar to the original?
    It is a completely different film. The first one, which I won't denigrate — I liked the first one, but it was almost like a fairy tale. Almost like a Disney fairy tale interpretation of Faust. This one is completely re-conceived, it's not even connected to the first one, it's a different origin sequence. But I think it will be a brand new experience. It has more adrenaline involved in the film making process itself, and in the movie when you see it. Again, I think the stuff we're able to get into with Ghost Rider is going to be a lot more abstract and not like anything you've seen before. So I'm very excited by it.

Source: http://io9.com/5702664/nic-cage-explain … ples-minds
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011
    I love his music for Drag Me to Hell. Any other music in that style that can be recommended?
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    His first two Hellraiser scores, definitely. "Hellbound/Second Sight Seance" is wonderful.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Panthera,

check out the following:

THE GRUDGE
    and THE GRUDGE 2
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose
    Bless the Child
    Urban Legend
    Species

and of course as mentioned aboved His first two Hellraiser scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Panthera,

check out the following:

THE GRUDGE
    and THE GRUDGE 2
    Bless the Child
    Urban Legend
    Species

Couldn't agree more. Impressive works, all of them.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Panthera,

check out the following:

THE GRUDGE
    and THE GRUDGE 2
    Bless the Child
    Urban Legend
    Species

Couldn't agree more. Impressive works, all of them.

Yeah, but some of them are more traditional horror scores with lots of stingers and sneaking-around music (which isn't my cup of tea). However, HELLRAISER, and partially DRAG ME TO HELL, is more romantic in tone; what I call "delicious darkness".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    what I call "delicious darkness".

Good one. And very appropriate. I like it smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Panthera,

check out the following:

THE GRUDGE
    and THE GRUDGE 2
    Bless the Child
    Urban Legend
    Species

Especially HELLRAISER and, even more so, HELLRAISER II which, IMO, is one of the greatest horror scores ever composed, beautiful, scary, ethereal and apocalyptic in equal measures.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Couldn't agree more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'd like to make special extra mention of BLESS THE CHILD, a dark score with beautiful religious touches and a fantastic finale cue. IMHO, the only score that could rival Young's HELLRAISER II score in terms of gothic horror and well above DRAG ME TO HELL. Brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, BLESS THE CHILD is perhaps his best score to date, imo.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Talking about it made me want to play it but I've looked and looked and I can't find it!? dizzy slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote

IMHO2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    14/01/2011 THE BLACK TULIP - OSCAR CONTENDER

The official Afghanistan Oscar entry for Best Foreign film. The film, based on a true story, examines an Afghan family's life ruined by the Taliban after they close their poetry cafe. The Black Tulip opens a window into a moderate yet devoutly Muslim middle class and the struggles they encounter. The score conveys both the physical and emotional climate of the region with Middle Eastern motiffs along with orchestral arrangements. To learn more about the movie visit the official website of The Black Tulip. Information of the score can be found at the audio and discography section.

So visit my website: www.chrisyoung-filmmusic.info to learn more about the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    Score is simply beautiful. Very impressive a musical palette and the musical choices are extremely surprising, coming from Young. The score on album plays like a very nicely done and easily-flowing collection of passionate and heartfelt middle-eastern songs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2011
    Is UNFORGETTABLE any good?
  1. I can't remember! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And I SO tried to restrain myself...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lol
  2. Martijn wrote
    And I SO tried to restrain myself...

I'm weak. I couldn't help myself. And the worst of it is is that I thought I was being so original!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011
    CHRISTOPHER YOUNG

Priest (2011 cd)

cd cover and info
    http://www.amazon.com/Priest-Original-M … HEQFL7XLQK
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice cover!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Oew, Young returning to a Ghost Rider type movie. Promising... (even though the film is not).
  3. Timmer wrote
    Nice cover!

indeed, it's something else than the movie cover

the movie looks stupid though, hope the music is better
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. BobdH wrote
    Oew, Young returning to a Ghost Rider type movie. Promising... (even though the film is not).

I'd rather he return to Hellraiser mode than Ghost Rider, in all honesty. But it won't happen, sadly.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011
    Well there's been traces of that in a bunch of films lately (Drag Me To Hell, The Uninvited), but agreed, it would sure be cool if he could return to a no-holds-barred, full-on horror score without any tongue-in-cheek or cheesyness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    Before its release on May 10th at Madison Gate Records Chrisyoung-filmmusic.info offers his readers an exclusive preview of Christopher Young's latest score to The Priest.

Click on my website and enjoy!