• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    I saw Young's The Vagrant for £5 yesterday....worth it or no?

Timmer, I hope you ended up buying this - it's one of the most strikingly diverse and interesting scores Chris Young has ever composed. Brilliant stuff, with some very unusual orchestration to say the least!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    David OC wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I saw Young's The Vagrant for £5 yesterday....worth it or no?

Timmer, I hope you ended up buying this - it's one of the most strikingly diverse and interesting scores Chris Young has ever composed. Brilliant stuff, with some very unusual orchestration to say the least!

Thanks for the advice David. smile

No, I didn't pick it up but considering it's in a shop that sales 10's of thousands of used CD's I'd guess that it's still there.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    I'm working on Max and Helen for review
    listen to more classical music!
  2. The Informers score album coming from Lakeshore Records on May 19:
    http://www.amazon.com/Informers-Origina … amp;sr=1-2
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    Glad to see that Christopher is staying busy
    listen to more classical music!
  3. Yeah, he's a great composer for sure.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009 edited
    It surprises me nobody's talking about Drag Me to Hell, from Young? After he showed horror is his specialty, quite recently with the interesting The Uninvited, this new Sam Raimi film is an even bigger horrorproject for him. Simply because it's Raimi, and it seems like quite a big scale, loud horrorfilm, so enough for him to play with. Yet there's no sign of a CD-release yet, even so close to the release date of the film? Or what the score is like? (the press has seen it already).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    Good point Bob, I'd like to know more info too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    One reason why Drag Me to Hell doesn't have an announced CD release is maybe... Young is still finalizing and finishing recording the score for it? I remember Takashi Shimizu saying in the commentary for The Grudge that Young was willing to work on the score right up to the last minute... if anything I'm sure we'll hear something about a CD release in the next few weeks.

Varese Sarabande will probably release it -- they have a working relationship with Universal and they've released a good deal of Young's output in the last few years.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well we're not talking about it 'cause we haven't heard it yet!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Matt C wrote

Varese Sarabande will probably release it -- they have a working relationship with Universal and they've released a good deal of Young's output in the last few years.

Actually, from what i have heard, Lakeshore Records will release this one too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009 edited
    Matt C wrote
    One reason why Drag Me to Hell doesn't have an announced CD release is maybe... Young is still finalizing and finishing recording the score for it?

No, that's not the case. As I've mentioned, the film is finalized and has already been shown to quite a lot of press. It has also premiered in America at the South by Southwest Film Festival in March already, plus, it will show at Cannes. Good to hear Lakeshore is releasing it, can't wait!
  5. BobdH wrote
    It surprises me nobody's talking about Drag Me to Hell, from Young? After he showed horror is his specialty, quite recently with the interesting The Uninvited, this new Sam Raimi film is an even bigger horrorproject for him. Simply because it's Raimi, and it seems like quite a big scale, loud horrorfilm, so enough for him to play with. Yet there's no sign of a CD-release yet, even so close to the release date of the film? Or what the score is like? (the press has seen it already).

Drag me to Hell can be epic horror (Hellraiser style)
    At least the epic Stargate music seemed to work in the trailer tongue
    Boy o boy, fingers crossed smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Drag Me To Hell will be released by Lakeshore Records too. Keep your eyes open wink
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Lakeshore will release Drag Me to Hell digitally on June 2 and the actual CD will be released July 7.

Cinemagic on XM Radio had some selections from the score before and during the Sam Raimi interview, and it sounds GREAT.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Matt C wrote
    Lakeshore will release Drag Me to Hell digitally on June 2 and the actual CD will be released July 7.

Cinemagic on XM Radio had some selections from the score before and during the Sam Raimi interview, and it sounds GREAT.

WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    Scoreclips from Christopher Young's THE INFORMERS are up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Informers-Sco … ef=mb_oe_o
  6. BobdH wrote
    Scoreclips from Christopher Young's THE INFORMERS are up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Informers-Sco … ef=mb_oe_o

Quite an interesting sound - and not what I was expecting.

But not too appealing.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009 edited
    Someone at amazon.co.uk has reviewed the soundtrack to Drag Me To Hell as-heard-in-the-film, and he's raving about it, supported by another one that was amazed by the score.

Terrifying, outlandishly raw clanging and smashes (of bin-lids and slamming doors) are used in order to create a perfectly nerve-wracking, utterly frightening and often exhilarating collection of highly compelling musical experiences. Chuck in some beautifully melancholic violining into the mix, and you've got yourself the most successful horror movie soundtrack in years.

No idea how much they actually know about film music, but this at least hints at something interesting, while those scoring techniques seem to hark back to his Hellraiser experiments lick

Anybody else seen the film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Haven't seen it yet, but i believe such comments as Young's music is always a winner, even for lame-ass cheap thrillers as THE UNINVITED.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Drag Me To Hell had pretty good reviews, sounded like Raimi revisiting his Evil Dead days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Especially in terms of his all-out horror combined with his dark, macabre humor. I'd love to see it, but my friends don't. So, well, let's wait for the DVD rolleyes

That 'review' doesn't mention any choir, though, and I was hoping for some epic horror sound. But that can still be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Maybe the reviewer didn't pay attention or he missed it, if it's there? It seems highly unusual to me too, for Christopher Young not to use a choir in this kind of score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Neither Hellraiser or Fly II feature choir.
  7. The entire Main Title of DMTH is on YouTube.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Link?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edit, found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENjNud1WU0

Koko's getting in us all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If it's that (sounds Elfman-y to me), the sound quality is horrible (for the youtube video i mean) but there IS choir.
  8. Until we're all koko for YouTube Coco Puffs ... nah.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.