• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009
    Dom wrote
    Creation by Jon Amiel - already recorded, mixed and dubbed

This one could be spectacular, I suspect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009 edited
    Love Happens

A digital version of the soundtrack to the romantic comedy Love Happens that premiered this sunday features 2 score suites by Christopher Young with a total time of approx. 10 minutes.
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … p;s=143441

Creation

As the USA seems to live in the stone age it might be possible that the movie and score won't attract intrest as the movie has failed to find a US distributor. The reason absurd: The theory of evolution is too controversial for American audiences. spin
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … erica.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009
    Movieguide.org, an influential site which reviews films from a Christian perspective, described Darwin as the father of eugenics and denounced him as "a racist, a bigot and an 1800s naturalist whose legacy is mass murder". His "half-baked theory" directly influenced Adolf Hitler and led to "atrocities, crimes against humanity, cloning and genetic engineering", the site stated.

face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote
    Movieguide.org, an influential site which reviews films from a Christian perspective, described Darwin as the father of eugenics and denounced him as "a racist, a bigot and an 1800s naturalist whose legacy is mass murder". His "half-baked theory" directly influenced Adolf Hitler and led to "atrocities, crimes against humanity, cloning and genetic engineering", the site stated.

face-palm-mt

America is the most backward "first world" country, it really is. Things like that are just awe-inspiringly stupid.
  1. I've heard a couple days ago, and for the first time (don't kill me), his score for The Dark Half, cool music but the track that I said WOW is the final cue, can't believe all these years without listening it. Is in the way of those epic/melancholic themes that Young writes... lovely.

Thanks Chris!!! punk
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Luis M. Rojas wrote
    I've heard a couple days ago, and for the first time (don't kill me), his score for The Dark Half, cool music but the track that I said WOW is the final cue, can't believe all these years without listening it. Is in the way of those epic/melancholic themes that Young writes... lovely.

Thanks Chris!!! punk

Better late than never Luis wink That last cue complete with choir is just absolutely stunning, such eerie dark beauty. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. You're right, awesome final cue with the choir. Most of the score sounds a bit like Elfman but has the Young touch... biggrin
    so many scores... and not enough time... | http://soundtracklist.net
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What about BLESS THE CHILD, are you familiar with that? If not, gather a new pair of panties, turn the volume up and press "play" now! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    America is the most backward "first world" country, it really is. Things like that are just awe-inspiringly stupid.

Why do you say such a thing now? It's, like, evil, narmean? Totally man. Not cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote

Why do you say such a thing now? It's, like, evil, narmean? Totally man. Not cool.

Wow, brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    So guys, I got some news regarding my Chris Young website:

CHRISYOUNG-FILMMUSIC IS BACK

After more than a year without updates Chrisyoung-Filmmusic is back in a new outfit. The site is still under contruction but stay tuned for some exciting new features, interviews and articles. As for now you will find information on Christopher Young's latest score Love Happens including exclusive audioclips of the score.

and the fact that Chris is going to score Bruce Robinson's THE RUM DIARY starring Johnny Depp.

Check out the new website www.chrisyoung-filmmusic.info
  3. Dom, nice layout and presentation, but The Uninvited track listing is all wrong. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    Thanks - it's fixed! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    Christopher Young to score ‘The Rum Diary’

http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/10/c … rum-diary/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christopher Young to score ‘The Rum Diary’

http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/10/c … rum-diary/

Didn't see this one coming!
  4. Yeah, especially since it doesn't have a prefix UN in it...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    11/04/2009 CREATION - EXCLUSIVE FIRST LISTEN

Chrisyoung-filmmusic.info offers his readers an exclusive preview of Christopher Young's latest musical effort to the critically acclaimed Creation directed by Jon Amiel. Creation is the powerful and true-life tale of Charles Darwin and the most explosive idea in history. Charles Darwin is played by acclaimed British actor Paul Bettany (The Da Vinci Code, A Beautiful Mind), and his wife Emma Darwin is played by his real-life wife, Academy Award winner Jennifer Connelly (Blood Diamond, A Beautiful Mind). The movie will be released in the US in December. Check my website and enjoy the exclusive suite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Nice!!!! Thanks Dom! How are you buddy? wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Any news on a soundtrack release for Creation? The film was released here ages ago and got incredibly, visciously bad reviews so I didn't go and see it. Darwin is my hero and I thought I'd probably be let down by the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Now that the film finally found a disrtibuter in the US it's almost certain that a CD will be released.
    • CommentAuthormsi2
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Nice!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    Well, it's established that Sam Raimi is indeed returning for Spider-Man 4. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Young attached to this movie by the time filming starts next spring.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Matt C wrote
    Well, it's established that Sam Raimi is indeed returning for Spider-Man 4. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Young attached to this movie by the time filming starts next spring.

Young told in an interview for CinemaMusica, that he already signed for Spidy 4 and 5...
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Links? I know on IMDB Pro, Raimi and the cast are signed on for number 5, but the trades say that Sony is focusing on #4 for the time being.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Wonder if there will be a soundtrack release for this one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I have nothing against Young, but Spider Man just isn't a very good fit for his type of music. At the very least, if Elfman won't come back, get Powell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'm amazed he's back after what happened on the last one. I did like his main theme and the score that did stay in the film but it was so un-Elfman like, by the time they'd laid all the Elfman music in, it sounded like a very strange score, completely uncohesive (unsurprisingly).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Actually, Young's contributions in SPIDEY III were the only listenable ones. Good material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    I just hope he does better with the opening credits this time.
  5. News is now that Spidy 4 is on indefinate hold.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.