• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2015 edited
    Thor wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Argumentum ad populum isn't a fallacy when it comes to what makes money. wink

Let's call it argumentum ad moneta, then. smile

Ad pecuniam, please! angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Don't speak Latin in front of the books, they might catch fire.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015
    Young has recorded The Monkey King 2, which will be released in February. Let's hope there is an album this time. The first score really is seriously good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015 edited
    fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks fireworks
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2016
  2. Several new reviews

- The Monkey King
    - Rapid Fire
    - Jennifer 8
    - Bright Angel
    - Max and Helen / The Oasis
    - Hider in the House
    - Haunted Summer
    - Def-Con 4
    - A Nightmare on Elm 1 and 2
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. How is Niu Mo Wang NOT an EXCELLENT TRACK? wink
  4. Because it's basically a progressive rock song, with some orchestral elements?

I think it's excellent, but then I'm into Dream Theater. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    How is Niu Mo Wang NOT an EXCELLENT TRACK? wink

No kidding!

dizzy spin dizzy spin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    How is Niu Mo Wang NOT an EXCELLENT TRACK? wink

because it's a good track? tongue
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Because it's basically a progressive rock song, with some orchestral elements?

Ha, I'd never thought of it that way, but you're not wrong. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2016 edited
    That track is more than a measly progressive rock track. Holy jumping shit! Did you even pay attention to it while you were listening to it?

-Erik-
  7. Obviously there's more to it than "just" that (and seriously, Erik, I'm not super into prog but "measly" is certainly not the word I'd use to describe it!), but I can see the similarities - the epic length and development especially. And the guitar work. Plus it was just a light-hearted observation. wink
  8. yeah
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. yeah X2
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. could it be this is one of the most anticipated scores of the summer? wink

Fuck Yeah, looking forward to this one. In one simple minute it will make us forget the Junkie / Jackman's of this summer. Let it begin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2016
    Really want it, but $22 for a single CD plus insane postage prices is rather discouraging. Hope there's a digital release some time.
  11. Indeed, and add in the current exchange rate and it makes ordering anything prohibitively expensive these days unfortunately...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2016
    I thought the first was good, but overrated in fan circles (predictably too massive and overblown for me -- like a wall of sound). But I like to see Young busy with whatever projects he does.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2016
    The Monkey King 2 definitely delivers. It's a more intimate score than the first one but still contains its share of exciting action as only Christopher Young can write.
  12. My review of THE MONKEY KING 2, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2016/07/22/the- … her-young/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2016
  13. New reviews of

The Rum Diary
    Priest
  14. Heh, I like the Priest review. cheesy
  15. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Heh, I like the Priest review. cheesy

Hehe, thanks Edmund, sometimes you just gotta have fun smile
    But it was fun inventing it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2018 edited
    So Christopher Young is scoring the next adaptation of Pet Semetary. What an exciting assignment!

Trailer was released a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCplJFlQMM
  16. Match made in heaven. (Or Hell?)
  17. My review of PET SEMATARY, for anyone who's interested:

https://moviemusicuk.us/2019/04/17/pet- … her-young/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2019
    I have interviewed Christopher Young during Fimucité on Tenerife! He is an extraordinary person.

https://soundtrackworld.com/2019/07/int … her-young/