• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013
    40?!? Mabey they've rounded up all the orchestrators that do the heavy lifting for a lot of the big names? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    Okay, I got a teasing message from someone at the press office.

Since it's the 40th edition of the festival, there'll be more events and surprises.
    One of which is that this anniversary will be celebrated with no less then 40 composers. shocked

16 October: 40 composers event
    17 October: Scorsese concert
    18 October: film music seminary
    19 October: World Soundtrack Awards

WTF! We need more info on this Bregt!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You'll have to wait Dennis, Bregt's off vampire hunting.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    Timmer wrote
    You'll have to wait Dennis, Bregt's off vampire hunting.

OK OK I can wait, I can do it, I think I can.......
    but we need to find out what this event and the seminary is all about smile

Bregt hunting vampires? I want to see that :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2013
    Dennis wrote
    WTF! We need more info on this Bregt!!!!

That's all I have for the moment Dennis.

You can vote for the Public Choice Awards now:
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … -vote-now/
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2013
    Thanks Bregt, I received the mail too smile
    We need to find out which others composers are coming to Ghent and also what is this 40 composers event
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013
    A selection of Alexandre Desplat's music for Polanski's 'Venus In Fur' will be performed live as an exclusieve première at the World Soundtrack Awards.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2013
    Cool!!!
  1. Terrible news concerning Dirk Brossé

His stepdaughter (29 years old) (disappeared this Friday after a night at the Gentse Feesten) was found today, murdered in her car in a garage near Ghent. Just today did we discover who her parents were.

Whether this will affect his presence at the World Soundtrack Awards is unknown, but either way this is just terrible news. At least they caught the guy who did it, all signs show she was killed for her car or money.

Does life mean so little nowadays? That it's worth murdering somebody for a couple of thousand euro's? sad
    Either way, this is just shocking news.

Dutch Link

English link
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013
    That's horrible. Hard to believe something so gruesome can happen in what I consider a very peaceful and beautiful city. Heartfelt thoughts to Mr. Brossé and his family.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    That's horrible. Hard to believe something so gruesome can happen in what I consider a very peaceful and beautiful city. Heartfelt thoughts to Mr. Brossé and his family.

apparently, he tried to rob (and murder?) another girl before that, that very evening. At least she got away, it looks Aurore was sadly the one that couldn't get away and had to pay the price.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013
    My goodness but that is truly horrific news, what Mr Brosse, family and friends must be going through now is unimaginable.

My heartfelt best thoughts and wishes go to him and his at this time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Does life mean so little nowadays? That it's worth murdering somebody for a couple of thousand euro's? sad

I hate to break it to you, but this sort of behaviour has been around since -I would imagine- the dawn of our species.
  3. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I hate to break it to you, but this sort of behaviour has been around since -I would imagine- the dawn of our species.

I know, I'm not blind. But it always shocks you more when it happens so close, then when it happens say Irak or Syria.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013
    It is so horrible. sad
    It has been on my mind these days. And my thoughts go out to her family and friends. And I read she was a teacher, so to her colleagues and pupils as well.

I'm not easily scared or worried when it comes to travelling alone. But these stories make me think again. Especially when you are by car and have already reached your car! I always feel very safe once I'm inside the car. I even feel safe when I'm in the bus or train...

I always laugh at my mom when she is still worried when I travel alone and says 'Call me when you get there' kind of things and then I say 'Mom, I'm 34!'. But of course it can happen to anyone anywhere, man or woman, young or old, on the road or at home.

I'm not planning to be scared or more careful by the way. But I am sad because of this news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013 edited
    Here's Dirk Brossé with a personal message regarding the murder of his step daughter before the première of the hymn he wrote for the World Out Games that started this weekend in Antwerp:
    http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/v … =1.1694412 (in English)
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2013
    Is the link working or it is me who I cannot open it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2013
    It's gone it seems.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013
    Regarding the 40 composer event (according to Variety):

As part of the festivities, the fest’s 40th anniversary will be celebrated with 40 one-minute compositions contributed by 40 different composers that will be performed live. Among those who are contributing are Danna and fellow Oscar winners Marianelli, Rachel Portman, Gustavo Santaolalla and Gabriel Yared.

http://variety.com/2013/more/news/ghent … 200579709/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013
    Ah so they're not actually going to be there? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013 edited
    A few disappointing Ghent news over the last couple of weeks (which at least makes me relieved that I don't miss out anything, since I have to skip it this year) -- that the 40 composers thingie is NOT with the composers attending, and some strange nominations that include JNH's AFTER EARTH and BOURNE LEGACY. I think it shows that the WSA academy likes to give awards to "friends of WSA" rather than necessarily the BEST film scores of the year.

Well, except Thomas Newman. I don't believe he has visited Ghent yet.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    A few disappointing Ghent news over the last couple of weeks (which at least makes me relieved that I don't miss out anything, since I have to skip it this year) -- that the 40 composers thingie is NOT with the composers attending, and some strange nominations that include JNH's AFTER EARTH and BOURNE LEGACY. I think it shows that the WSA academy likes to give awards to "friends of WSA" rather than necessarily the BEST film scores of the year.

Well, except Thomas Newman. I don't believe he has visited Ghent yet.

there are a lot that haven't visited Ghent yet, and indeed, so far it feels like bringing back old friends.
    This year might not be special, but the last couple of years were.

So, miss this one Thor, and be there once it goes special again smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013 edited
    Absolutely, I'll be back as soon as they up their 'attraction' a little bit. 2010, 2011 and 2012 were all superb years. Makes me sorry that I missed all the previous ones (2000-2009, right?), but I guess none of these years were as good as the last three?

(I wanted to check out the WSA photo archive for all the years I missed, but seems like they have removed all the images)
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Absolutely, I'll be back as soon as they up their 'attraction' a little bit. 2010, 2011 and 2012 were all superb years. Makes me sorry that I missed all the previous ones (2000-2009, right?), but I guess none of these years were as good as the last three?

(I wanted to check out the WSA photo archive for all the years I missed, but seems like they have removed all the images)

well, it depends on who you wanted to see or hear. Powell was short but great, and Fenton, Mansell and Williams all sound good don't it wink

But yeah, this year they took the easy route. Hopefully next year they're back with new and exciting composers
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    Disappointing? uhm

I'll know more about the 40 composer event later this week. Nowhere it is said that the composer will be there or will not be there. I actually like the idea of the event. Ghent has been inviting composers for over 40 years.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013 edited
    Well....

Alexandre Desplat? --> sleep

Riz Ortolani? --> sleep

40 composers thingie --> slant (could be good, I guess, regardless of their presence)

The only thing that could save the deal:

Beer --> beer punk
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Beer and US angry wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013
    shame

Sorry, yes, YOU and beer (in that order)!
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Thor wrote

Alexandre Desplat? --> sleep

Alexandre Desplat! --> cool

wink Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. sleep < Alexandre Desplat < cool < Andrew Lockington