• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I have to admit that I am not much of an Lockington expert. Aside from "Journey 1" I only know snippets of his music. For me it seems to be the same with Lockington as with Murray Gold: It's all very pretty on the surface but without any substance upon closer inspection. Easy listening elevator music: When it's gone nothing remains.

Just my two lacroice coins.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Well I love both Lockington and Murray Gold so I guess that makes me shallow? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Alexandre Desplat < cool

Andrew Lockington < rolleyes

yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2013
    Ok I finally made it! 2 tickets

Blok B 87
    Blok B 88

See you there!
  3. cool, see you there
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013 edited
    New great site for the film festival of Ghent, that is a lot clearer regarding the music events:
    http://www.filmfestival.be/en/concerts/ … -concert/6

Also, the 40 Composer event has been announced. Dirk Brossé asked 40 composers to compose 1 minute to celebrate film music and the Ghent film festival. A lot of them will be in Ghent and at the World Soundtrack Awards. The 40 minutes will be performed during a special concert but so far no tickets available.

Here's the Dutch text:
    Een 40e verjaardag moet in stijl gevierd worden. En hoe kan dat beter dan met een live concert? 40 wereldwijd gerenommeerde componisten werden uitgenodigd om elk 1 minuut muziek te componeren speciaal voor Film Fest Gent. Bij die componisten vinden we internationaal talent als Pino Donaggio, Angelo Badalamenti en Gabriel Yared. Ook Vlaamse componisten krijgen een plaats tijdens dit verjaardagsconcert met muziek van Jef Neve, Dirk Brossé en Wim Mertens.

Dit verjaardagsconcert is een initiatief van Dirk Brossé. Deze veertig minuten muziek worden bovendien ook door hem gedirigeerd. De muziek wordt afgewisseld met gesprekken met de aanwezige componisten en een blik op de 40-jarige geschiedenis van het festival.

Of om het met de woorden van Dirk Brossé te zeggen: “Het wordt een uniek moment in de filmmuziekgeschiedenis, een historisch moment om naar uit te kijken.”

Voor dit concert zijn op dit moment geen tickets te koop.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013 edited
    The film music seminary will have Rachel Portman and Dario Marianelli as guests, as well as Dirk Brossé and Frédéric Devreese. That's on Friday.

Summary of the events

Tuesday 15 October
    - Screenplay, the film music of John Parish

Wednesday 16 October
    - 40th Anniversary Concert (40 composers wrote 1 minute)

Thursday 17 October
    - Scoring Scorsese

Friday 18 October
    - Film music Seminary
    - Concert for Scorsese's favourite silent movie 7th Heaven, composed by Kevin Toma

Saturday 19 October
    - Q&A with composers (afternoon)
    - World Soundtrack Awards: Desplat, Byrne and Ortolani and a lot of guests

More info on the website:
    http://www.filmfestival.be/en/concerts/ … -concert/6
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2013
    I like the new site.

I will be there from Thursday 17 October. smile

I can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013 edited
    Record number of composers at 40th Film Fest Gent for 13th World Soundtrack Awards & Concert

As Melinda Newman wrote in Variety last week, “The granddaddy of composer showcases remains the Flanders Intl. Film Festival (a.k.a. Film Fest Gent) in Ghent, Belgium (…) Ghent’s World Soundtrack Awards have inspired clones throughout Europe.” During the 40th Film Fest Gent, it will more than ever be clear why Ghent remains leader in the field of film music. The award ceremony, concerts, seminars and fan moments ensure a record number of composers attending this year’s festival.

Meanwhile the nominees for the SABAM Award for Best Young European Composer and for the WSA Discovery of the Year have been announced. Together with the other nominees for ‘Best Composer’, ‘Best Score’ and ‘Best Song’, the WSA Discovery of last year Brian Byrne, the Lifetime Achievement recipient Riz Ortolani and guest of honour Alexandre Desplat, all are invited for the award ceremony and concert on Saturday 19 October at Kuipke Ghent, Belgium.

Furthermore 40 composers were asked to compose one minute of music for the 40th anniversary of Film Fest Gent. Dario Marianelli, Rachel Portman, Mychael Danna, Adam Nordén, Frédéric Devreese, Wim Mertens, Steve Willaert and Gustavo Santaolalla amongst others have confirmed their presence.

Nominees for Discovery Award
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ds/#Item_2
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2013
    Saturday 19 October
    - Q&A with composers (afternoon)
    - World Soundtrack Awards: Desplat, Byrne and Ortolani and a lot of guests

Is 'Q&A with composers' what is called Press Conference?
    Do we know if any other composer will be present to this event besides Desplat, Ortolani, Byrne and of course Brosse'?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013
    You can win a trip to New York if you fill in this form and answer the question (only in Dutch).
    http://www.filmfestival.be/nl/film-muzi … -2013/2041
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2013
    Hello,
    I was reading again the program and the events
    My understanding is that the 40 min (1 min of 40 composers) suite will be performed on Saturday 19th during WSA, am I correct?
    Besides, there is a big list of composers who have confirmed their presence
    Do you know if any of them will be in the Press Conference and if not how can we meet them because without VIP tickets I doubt we can go to the main hall where they seat
    If anyone knows more please let us know
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've now heard that thomas newman is coming. Damn, maybe i missed something great after all...?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2013 edited
    Where did you hear that? Thomas Newman is one of the guests, but that is not yet confirmed. He is nominated for Skyfall.

Other guests (not yet complete)
    Alexandre Desplat
    Riz Ortolani
    Thomas Newman (TBC)
    Mychael Danna
    Benjamin Wallfisch
    Dan Romer
    Dirk Brossé
    Laurent Eyquem
    Jérôme Lemonnier
    Albert Márkos

Dennis wrote
    My understanding is that the 40 min (1 min of 40 composers) suite will be performed on Saturday 19th during WSA, am I correct?

No that is not correct. The 40 composer concert is for guests only and is happening on Wednesday. There might be an opportunity for fans to attend the rehearsal. I'm waiting for feedback.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah yes, missed the tbc bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2013
    Thomas Newman is confirmed! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2013 edited
    Behind The Scenes '40 Years Film Fest Gent'
    Handelsbeurs – 16 oktober – 17u30
    http://www.filmfestival.be/nl/film-muzi … -2013/2063

40 composers wrote one minute for the 40th anniversary of the film festival. Dirk Brossé will conduct the concert. It's a guests only event, but they made available tickets for the rehearsal! Tickets cost 10EUR and can be bought via the link above. Many of the composers who wrote 1 minute will be at the concert.

Op woensdag 16 oktober viert Film Fest Gent zijn 40e verjaardag met een uniek concert in de Handelsbeurs. Wie exclusief een blik achter de schermen wil werpen kan nu tickets kopen om de repetitie bij te wonen! Van de veertig componisten die meewerkten zullen er bovendien veel aanwezig zijn die dag.

The 40 composers who wrote 1 minute are ... shocked
    Many of them will attend the concert and rehearsal.
    Craig Armstrong, David Arnold, Angelo Badalamenti, Klaus Badelt, Dirk Brossé, Bruno Coulais, Mychael Danna, Frédéric Devreese, Pino Donaggio, Patrick Doyle, George Fenton, Elliot Goldenthal, Andrés Goldstein, Paul Grabowsky, Harry Gregson-Williams, Alex Heffes, James Newton Howard, Jan A. P. Kaczmarek, Tuomas Kantelinen, Abel Korzeniowski, Jérôme Lemonnier, Clint Mansell, Dario Marianelli, Gary Marlowe, Wim Mertens, Cyril Morin, Jef Neve, Adam Nordén, Antonio Pinto, Rachel Portman, John Powell, Philippe Rombi, Gustavo Santaolalla, Howard Shore, Daniel Tarrab, Shigeru Umebayashi, Fernando Velazquez, Stephen Warbeck, Steve Willaert en Sergey Yevtushenko.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorDennis
    Ok just bought my ticket!!!
    Where is the concert place exactly?
    Will there be any press conference or you think we can meet the composers during the rehearsal?
    Anyone else joining for the Wednesday concert?
  4. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Newman is confirmed! punk

excellent, finally things are looking a bit brighter

ps, Bregt I want an interview with him wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A bit brighter? uhm

I think it's gonna be a fine edition this year!!
    Not interested in the 40 composers concert?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Dennis wrote
    Ok just bought my ticket!!!
    Where is the concert place exactly?

Handelsbeurs in Gent.

Will there be any press conference or you think we can meet the composers during the rehearsal?

I have no idea. There'll be a Meet&Greet on Saturday afternoon. More info later.

Anyone else joining for the Wednesday concert?

I am!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    I arrive Thursday, I'll miss Thomas Newman and all other composers.

sad sad sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No, you'll see them on Saturday. Most of them stay until the WSA, and defenitely Thomas Newman! He'll be at the Meet&Greet too.
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    A bit brighter? uhm

I think it's gonna be a fine edition this year!!
    Not interested in the 40 composers concert?

hehe, you know what I mean wink
    So, the 40 minute concert is for the people who bought a ticket of the WSA?

scratch that, just saw you have to buy the ticket tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Composer Meet & Greet
    1PM at Kinepolis

With Alexandre Desplat, Riz Ortolani, Brian Byrne, Mychael Danna, Thomas Newman, Dario Marianelli, nominees for WSA Discovery Award, finalists of composition contest.

TO SUBSCRIBE:
    PM me your WSA ticket number before next Wednesday. That's the only way to subscribe!
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Composer Meet & Greet
    1PM at Kinepolis

With Alexandre Desplat, Riz Ortolani, Brian Byrne, Mychael Danna, Thomas Newman, Dario Marianelli, nominees for WSA Discovery Award, finalists of composition contest.

TO SUBSCRIBE:
    PM me your WSA ticket number before next Wednesday. That's the only way to subscribe!

No worries guys, for those who are interested, I already sent a PM to Bregt with the numbers. Just let him know if you're interested? Or are you gonna send them all Bregt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Only people who are interested of course, because places are limited.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    I´m very sad because I should be there again this year. The guests were confirmed very late and the flight to Brussels are very expensive now. I would like to meet Thomas Newman and Dario Marianelli specially. Someone could get a CD Cover signed for me of these composers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, that's the fault of the composers I guess. They are guests, not part of the concert, and I guess they didn't knew because of their busy agendas. I'm sure they'll return to Ghent. wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Yes, Bregt, you are all right.