• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2013
    There is a rare piece of music I want to record off the screen, but I don't know how.

I have Camtasia, and while that does indeed record the screen, when I want to save the file, it removes the audio! (it didn't seem to do this before? Strange.).

What do I do?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nevermind. I realized that Audacity did the trick.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    mp3mymp3 is very easy and free too
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017 edited
    "Audacity did the trick", I said four years ago, but now I have no recollection of how I did it. Anyone?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. You press the record button. Stop when done. Then save.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017
    Yeah, I tried that. Didn't work.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Okay, let's assume you accidentally made changes or some program messed things up.

If you're using Windows, just hit the Windows button on the lower left corner on the toolbar. Type Sound, click on Sound (alternatively, should that not come up, click on Control Panel and locate the sound option).

Play the music you want to record and check the Playback and Recording tabs to see where the sound is coming from. If you see one playing but it looks muted, un-mate it. Also, mute the microphone -- it can cause background hiss that gets recorded by Audacity since it records off the sound card.

You didn't delete or move the folder where Audacity stores it's recorded sound files, did you?

Also, have you experience a hack of virus that might have screwed up Audacity? Maybe you just need to delete and re-install.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Play the music you want to record and check the Playback and Recording tabs to see where the sound is coming from. If you see one playing but it looks muted, un-mate it. Also, mute the microphone -- it can cause background hiss that gets recorded by Audacity since it records off the sound card.

This is the bit that always trips me up - having to check what's being recorded by the program. Usually, when I fire up a program that records sound off the PC - I tend to use mp3 DirectCut - it usually records the computer's microphone and I have to go into the audio settings and change things until the program records from the sound card rather than from the microphone.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn