• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Indeed, same goes for Kama Sutra; although in a different league, it's a particularly charming trip to world music you won't frequently hear! Greatly recommended, both of the scores.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2008 edited
    Michael and myself did an interview with Mychael Danna. Becaue Danna has a lot of work, he couldn't answer all our questions (it would've been too long anyway) but recently he found the time to answer some of them. We talkd about the WSA last yar and about his working process overall.

(the interview was planned around the WSA but there weren't any time slots available for a live interview anymore)

Interview with Mychael Danna
    http://www.maintitles.net/features/inte … anna-2008/
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2008
    Did anyone else at the WSA think it didn't exactly end on a high note? Harry's stuff was pretty cool, but all of Mychael's music was really quiet and too relaxing (it made me want to sleep, not because it was bad music, but because there was no big finale). sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Danna's concert was the climax of the evening for me. Especially the Little Miss Sunshine orchestral interpretation and the Gamelan Orchestra in The Ice Storm Suite!

I thought the middle part of Harry's suite was sleepy (not Shrek and Narnia obviously, those were cool). wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    In a concert, 90% of the time it's a lot more enjoyable if you know the music anyway. I really was not familiar with Danna's music at the time, and I was just waiting for something to ''happen''.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I can understand that but even then, I think Little Miss Sunshine and Ice Storm were both just awesome to even look at alone. That gamelan was just odd and fascinating.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2008
    Has anyone heard the music to the bollywood film "Water" (2005) by Danna and A.R. Rahman?

Is it just me, or is the main theme very similar to Horner's Titanic? Perhaps it was the temp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    EnemyToo wrote
    Has anyone heard the music to the bollywood film "Water" (2005) by Danna and A.R. Rahman?

Is it just me, or is the main theme very similar to Horner's Titanic? Perhaps it was the temp?

Some notes are indeed the same, I doubt it'd be temptracking, I never heard Danna doing that in the first place. It could be though, but even then, it's quite vague.
    Kazoo
  1. Rahman jsut did songs, as far as I know. But he was going to score the movie originally.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Bregt wrote
    EnemyToo wrote

Some notes are indeed the same, I doubt it'd be temptracking, I never heard Danna doing that in the first place. It could be though, but even then, it's quite vague.

I would have never thought of that in a million years, mostly because the instrumentations are so vastly different.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. I found Danna's music a little too sleepy for me too, LMS was really cool but the rest was in fact rather boring. I wanted Ride with the Devil so much to end the concert with sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2008 edited
    Ghent Film Festival releases ‘For the record: Mychael Danna’

The Ghent Film Festival continues its CD collection For the Record with a compilation of the best film music by Mychael Danna performed by the Brussels Philharmonic (Flemish Radio Orchestra) under the direction of Dirk Brossé. On the album, there is music from a.o. Little Miss Sunshine, Being Julia, The Ice Storm and Capote, Shattered Glass, Where the Truth Lies and Vanity Fair.

The CD ‘For the Record: Mychael Danna’ is for sale at Fnac, at www.filmfestival.be and via the festival ticket office. The profits from the sale go to Unicef.

Tracklist
    1. Being Julia (5:12)
    2. Capote (9:13)
    3. Little Miss Sunshine (4:35)
    4. Shattered Glass (2:10)
    5. Vanity Fair (10:28)
    6. Where the Truth Lies (6:57)
    7. Ice Storm (9:50)

More
    http://www.filmfestival.be/about2.cgi?g … mp;lang=en

Buy
    http://www.filmfestival.be/shop2.cgi?&lang=en

It's more music than that was played at the concert last year (Shattered Glass, Capote, Where the Truth Lies and Vanity Fair weren't performed) and it seems Monsoon Wedding, which was played, is left out.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2008
    Is the music performance and sound quality worth it?
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    Composer Mychael Danna recently completed recording the score to the upcoming film adaptation of the bestselling novel, The Time Traveler's Wife. Recorded at the Ocean Way Studios, ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers exclusive photos from the scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
  3. What's it like, Dan? Sounds like a project with great potential.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009
    Clips and cd of latest score for Atom Egoyan

Adoration
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/mdanna14
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    Thanks Bregt!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009
    The time traveler's wife

TRAILER

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/t … elerswife/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    The time traveler's wife

TRAILER

I'm really looking forward to seeing this film but with some reservations, anyone who's read the book will understand what I mean.

Oh, and the book is BRILLIANT! I unreservedly recommend it to everyone.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is it about, Tim?
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    The time traveler's wife

TRAILER

ah, he's doing it
    well looks like a sweet enough movie, and the song during the trailer is lovely I might add smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is it about, Tim?

A love story with a twist, a man who can travel through time but only within his own lifetime, it's brilliantly humorous, bitter sweet and tragic too. Very hard to describe without giving too much away and, if you read the book, hard to do justice in a film? I'm very intrigued as to how this will be handled?

The book is beautifully written and highly recommended. For a film like this I'd have thought Thomas Newman was the ideal choice but Mychael Danna is an excellent 2nd,
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Time Traveler's Wife score album coming out on August 11:

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Travelers-Wi … mp;sr=8-11

I had a chance to listen to the score and it is a really good one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    OMG! A Danna score. Seems like ages ago.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't doubt it's really good! Thanks for the heads up, scorefanatic!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is it about, Tim?

A love story with a twist, a man who can travel through time but only within his own lifetime, it's brilliantly humorous, bitter sweet and tragic too. Very hard to describe without giving too much away and, if you read the book, hard to do justice in a film? I'm very intrigued as to how this will be handled?

The book is beautifully written and highly recommended. For a film like this I'd have thought Thomas Newman was the ideal choice but Mychael Danna is an excellent 2nd,

Did anyone take my recommendation of reading the book? It's brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks for the repeated heads-up!

I'll be getting that one for my trip in the late fall!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do so Martijn, I don't believe you'll regret this recommendation.

Where are you off to by the way?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Indonesia, for three weeks. cool

I always enjoy bringing books I haven't started yet on holiday trips. Not sure why. Probbaly because it's another thing to lok forward to. (And as the flight is going to take 18 hours or so, I'm gonna need it. Oy veh! slant I should probably bring painkillers for my hernia.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds FANTASTIC!!! punk shame <--envy