• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Nice online tutorial! wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013
    Got your info. I didn't have time last night to look at it. I'll have a look now!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    Sure, that would be great.

There are two issues, currently:

1) how do I make the video an audio?

Fixed! I just changed the dimensions of the default player to 550 x 24. Not sure why it didn't work with the custom "Audio Only" player but who cares. It works now!

Thor wrote
    2) While the video plays fine inside the post itself, you only see the JWPlayer embedding code on the front page.

Not sure what you mean but I think you are good now!

I left both codes on your test page.

[jwplayer config="Audio Only" file="http://www.cinematicsound.net/theshow/best2012_1.mp3" html5_file="http://www.cinematicsound.net/theshow/best2012_1.mp3"] NOW PLAYING: JOHN CARTER | #1

[jwplayer mediaid="43"]

Use either one and you should be fine but my version has support for html5.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013
    It looks great! Perfect.

I don't know what you did, but it worked.

Very much obliged. I'll send you a PM with a couple of JW tracks you may not own.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2013 edited
    A couple of more questions. If you click on the page now, you'll see that I've tried to link to some of your pages there on the right-hand side. I've copied the image html of your logo (Cinematic Sound, Maintitles), but it's just the image, not the link. How do I add a link to them in html code?

I also wonder how you can add a facebook & twitter app to one's page. I intend to create a page on facebook and need to find out how to integrate that with the site (as in "follow us on facebook"-type thingie). I could find no such 'widget' in the control panel.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2013 edited
    OK, done (although it still won't show up). I still need to find out how to make them clickable.

Also, Bregt, you seem to have integrated the IFMCA site well with the Facebook page. How did you do it?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oh yes, and how does one add a logo-type thingie next to the name in the web browser window?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Questions, questions.....I promise that when the site is up and running properly, I will have Bregt close this thread and then I'll start a new on the proper contents.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Thor wrote
    Oh yes, and how does one add a logo-type thingie next to the name in the web browser window?

That's a favicon. Here's how you do it for WordPress
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon

And here's a WordPress plugin to make all that easier for you
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-favicon/

Thor wrote
    OK, done (although it still won't show up). I still need to find out how to make them clickable.

I can see the logo's. Making clickable is making a link of them. In the editor, find the "add link" icon while being having the image selected. Or find the properties of the image in the editor and look for something "link to".

Also, Bregt, you seem to have integrated the IFMCA site well with the Facebook page. How did you do it?

There's also a plugin for that.

Here's an overview of all WordPress plugins
    https://developers.facebook.com/wordpress/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    For some reason, the maintitles logo won't show, at least not on my computer. Weird.

Since I add the html code in the text widget, there is no "add link" icon. I would need to program the links into the html code, and that's way beyond my skill. Any help appreciated.

So I need to sort out those things, and I need to find out how to integrate the site with Twitter and Facebook. I tried to add the official Facebook app in Wordpress, but I need to register as a Facebook 'app designer' or some such thing.

I've already recorded the webcast, so everything is ready to go.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. I could see the logo a few hours earlier. Could not click it though. What did you change?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    I could see the logo a few hours earlier. Could not click it though. What did you change?

I changed it to the other logo Bregt mentioned. I don't know why it doesn't show up when the others do. None of them are clickable. I haven't found out how you do that yet.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I found a shortcut to adding links by merely adding the link to the image in the regular text editor and then copying the html code to the widget.

However, it seems to be allergic to Maintitles, for some reason. Maybe it's the png-format. Do you have a jpg, Bregt?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Alright, I think I managed to find out about facebook. I'll need to put Twitter in there too, but I'll save that for later.

Right now, I'm going viral with this. The podcast is up!

This thread should really be merged with the "how to design website -- for a noobie!" thread instead of being closed, perhaps, and then I'll create a new one for the contents (that I update every time I have something new -- modelled and inspired as I always am by the way Erik does it for Cinematic Sound).

Oh and Bregt, send me that workable Maintitles image and I'll put it up among the 'friends' on the right side.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013
    Sorry I wasn't around today, Thor. I'll peak around your site later tonight or tomorrow morning to see if I can improve things for you.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013
    Thanks. I seem to have made it work now, however.

I hope you all can "like" my facebook page too -- http://www.facebook.com/celluloidtunes
    I am extremely serious.