• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited
    OK, so here we go:

http://celluloidtunes.no/

The first-ever, Norwegian webcast about film music is now a fact.

Now I just need to record a new one about the same topic (the one I made in October was for another website and cannot be reused).

It's still wobbly, though. I need to find out a way to remove the text from top and I need a better logo. But all in good time. And I need to find out how to use JWPlayer, as Erik recommended.

I probably also need some English translations of stuff, as I will be featuring international versions on occasion (in English).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Congrats!

http://www.le-nom.de/index_htm_files/filmrolle2.gif

Something like the above could be a starting point for the logo.

Volker

PS: It does sound a bit like "Filmtracks", doesn't it? Cool name anyhow!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks.

Yeah, I considered changing names to something a little more EASY, but 'celluloid tunes' has been with me ever since I created celluloidtunes.com back in the year 2000 (and after that celluloidtunes.net) -- both sites quickly became out-dated and un-updated, so I put them to rest. But I wanted the name to survive somehow (and it's also the name of my registered enterprise), so there you go.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You have an enterprise!?
    And you didn't call it THOR'S ENTERPRISE? shocked face-palm-mt
    What a shame. You'll never crush the competition with the jolly Celluloid Tunes.

Glad you got it online. Patience has never been your strongest point! (just read the 'sites for n00bs' thread, I'm sorry I didn't read it earlier).

Looking forward to your first podcast then. There's plugins for WordPress to let all types of audio files play nicely with a flash player. Ask Erik.

For a logo and help, perhaps ask Anthony or Erik again. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...no, I don't have Belgian patience, that's for sure.

I'll try to download JWPlayer and fool around with it, but any tips on how to incorporate would be appreciated (especially as an audio stream, not video).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013
    Congrats Thor. Let me know what I can do to help.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, Erik, a 'how to' from scratch on how to make those JWPlayer thingies would be appreciated. I have no clue about html and it seems like you have to know something about that to make it work.

I've added the 'jwplayer' folder to my root server. Then I've gone into Wordpress, added a new 'article', then changed view from 'visual' to 'text'. Then I've merely pasted in the two codes given. However, I don't know what the difference between <head> and <body> is?

And once I've managed to embed the video player, how does one a) put the audio file in there? and b) make it an audio stream, not video?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Here's what JWPlayer says about embedding. I don't know how we mere mortals can understand it:

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw … the-player
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just to let you know I'm still using JWPlayer 5. I updated to JWPlayer 6 but I lost some of the custom settings which were only available in JWPlayer 5.

So these are instructions based on JWPlayer 5.

Now that you have JWPlayer installed, on your dashboard look on the left hand side and find JWPlayer. Click on it.

You should get a screen that says JW Player Set Up. You should also see a button labeled Create Custom Player Click on the button.

Fill in the following

BASIC SETTINGS

APPEARANCE

Selected Player: Type in "Audio Only"
    controlbar: bottom
    skin: Pick one of your choice "Default" is fine for now
    dock: false

GENERAL

autostart: false
    height: 24
    width: 550

That should do it. (You might have to do some adjusting on the width and height for your specify page.)

Now go to one of your posts. Click edit. Copy and paste the following as to where you want your JW Player to show up on your page. Most likely at the bottom of your post

[jwplayer config="Audio Only" file="http://www.cinematicsound.net/filmmusicmix/bestcues2012.mp3" html5_file="http://www.cinematicsound.net/filmmusicmix/bestcues2012.mp3"]NOW PLAYING: THE BEST INDIVIDUAL CUES OF 2012

The links in red will both be the same but they are obviously going to change to where YOUR files are located on YOUR server.

In blue is the title of your audio file that will be shown underneath the JWPlayer

NOTE - As you can see there's two links to the mp3 file. file= will be for people playing the file in flash. html5_file= is for people who want to play the show using html5. This is handing for iPhone users to listen to your show on the go since the iPhone doesn't support flash but does support html5.

You can see how it all looks HERE!

Let me know if this works for you.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Am I only the one who keeps reading it as John Williams Player?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hmm...thanks a lot, Erik, but it seems like quite a few things have changed with JWPlayer 6. I don't find many of those options. I can try to take some screenshots.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Here, I made this video. Take a look at the new set-up, Erik, and see if I can use any of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfhbge1em5hte51/capture-1.avi
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Do you have the option to create a custom player?

From what I know the embedding still works.

[jwplayer config="Audio Only" file="http://www.cinematicsound.net/filmmusicmix/bestcues2012.mp3" html5_file="http://www.cinematicsound.net/filmmusicmix/bestcues2012.mp3"]NOW PLAYING: THE BEST INDIVIDUAL CUES OF 2012

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Eh, that turned out more blurry than I had thought.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Steven wrote
    Am I only the one who keeps reading it as John Williams Player?

No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey, I embedded that exact code for Cinematic Sound into my webpage and it worked! I did get a videoplayer and not an audio, but still. So why can't I do that?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Are you able to access the JWPlayer templates?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Templates? I'm not quite sure what that means.

Since your code above at least gave me a workable video file, I tried to swap the Cinematic Sound links with the link to an audio file I had uploaded to the server via Wordpress. But then the player said: "Error loading player. No playable sources found".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ok... I'm going to upgrade to JWPlayer 6, see if I can find what I'm looking for and then revert back to JWPlayer 5.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, but make sure you CAN revert. I wouldn't want you to screw up anything on my behalf.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ok... click on PLAYER MANAGEMENT just under the JW Player link. There you will find the option to create a custom player.

Label as "Audio Only. " Fill in the dimensions 550 x 24. Uncheck "Render a nice download link if HTML5 and Flash are not supported."

Click Save.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    OK, but make sure you CAN revert. I wouldn't want you to screw up anything on my behalf.

This isn't the first time I've upgraded and then reverted back to JW Player 5. tongue

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Ok... click on PLAYER MANAGEMENT just under the JW Player link. There you will find the option to create a custom player.

Label as "Audio Only. " Fill in the dimensions 550 x 24. Uncheck "Render a nice download link if HTML5 and Flash are not supported."

Click Save.

-Erik-

You mean type in 'audio only' in the description? There is no 'audio only' option when I click on 'create new player'.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Strange....I still get "Error loading player. No playable sources found".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Well, I got it to work with an mp3 at long last....but it still comes up as a video file, not an audio file.

(sorry about all this, if anyone is reading....feels like nagging....but I really want to have everything in order so that I can get down to it).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013
    You could email me your username and password and I could figure it out for you if you'd like.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sure, that would be great.

There are two issues, currently:

1) how do I make the video an audio?

2) While the video plays fine inside the post itself, you only see the JWPlayer embedding code on the front page.

If you manage to fix all this, I'll give you some rare Williams stuff! smile

Shot an e-mail to your cinematicsound e-mail now.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Congrats Thor! The domain suffix .no is a lot more agressive than our .be wink

P.S. It needs pictures!
  3. Thor wrote
    (sorry about all this, if anyone is reading....feels like nagging....but I really want to have everything in order so that I can get down to it).

No complaints from me, Thor. Though most of this is going over my head, it is interesting to read and perhaps some of the information may be useful to me later if I decide to go down a similar route.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, congrats!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.