• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2013
    .......and there I was thinking he'd ridden his Triumph off into the sunset back in 1980 shame
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steve McQueen is an amazing director. As for the score, the 2-3 cues that are on cd aren't special at all, except for Solomon. I loved his SHAME and HUNGER movies, eager to watch this too. Although his obsession with Zimmer's TTRL was evident in the temp track for the score to SHAME, which the final score, thoroughly mirrors the thin red line at the end. I liked it, it fits that movie very well.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Actually, as the story goes, the temp-track was not The Thin Red Line on 12 Years a Slave, but Inception.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Actually, as the story goes, the temp-track was not The Thin Red Line on 12 Years a Slave, but Inception.

Have to say I distinctly hear 'Time' in 12 YEARS only, the only TRL mirroring is a style that was also heard in 'Time'.
  2. PawelStroinski wrote
    Hey, glad to have you back!

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2013
    Lars wrote
    Days Of Thunder will get a release next week

Next Tuesday, Nov 5, 2013 at 12 pm NOON pst La-La Land Records is honored to be releasing

DAYS OF THUNDER
    MUSIC BY HANS ZIMMER
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    LLLCD 1290
    RETAIL PRICE $19.98

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC
    LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

Supervised by film producer Jerry Bruckheimer and star Tom Cruise, and dedicated to the memory of the late great director Tony Scott, Han’s Zimmer’s racing epic DAYS OF THUNDER makes its world premiere release on CD! Clocking in at over 70 minutes, and featuring a number of bonus tracks as well as the song “The Last Note of Freedom” by David Coverdale, fans of that awesome late 80’s/early 90’s Zimmer sound have to wait no longer as this adrenaline fueled, supercharged Zimmer CLASSIC finally makes its way on CD! Gorgeous art direction by Dan Goldwasser and in depth liner notes by Tim Greiving complement this fantastic, long overdue release! Fascinating, behind the scenes stories by producer Jerry Bruckheimer and star Tom Cruise are a true highlight of this package. Race to grab your copy today!

I have only heard this before in the film, which I saw in the cinema on the day of its release, which feels like a long time ago now. I was too young then to notice the music, but I was not too young to realise what a crap film it is. But I've heard it on album now - quite a few times since it arrived, in fact. It's so energetic and so enjoyable. Zimmer at his best!
  3. I kinda discovered this score which I used to... not really like.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    Lars wrote
    Days Of Thunder will get a release next week

I have only heard this before in the film, which I saw in the cinema on the day of its release, which feels like a long time ago now. I was too young then to notice the music, but I was not too young to realise what a crap film it is. But I've heard it on album now - quite a few times since it arrived, in fact. It's so energetic and so enjoyable. Zimmer at his best!

its a great score and the sound and the themes fit perfectly to the movie. when the movie starts with the paramount logo, the simpson/bruckheimer lightnings logo and then goes to the first picture with the sunrise over the racing place + zimmer's main titles = one of the best movie openings ever. at this moment i knew, i will have a great time with this movie. funny thing is, that has doesn't like this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013
    On Williams: i wasn't so against the idea, since i loved what he did with Daft Punk, but then i heard his other songs, outside Daft Punk that is; especially in the Despicable me 2 score, by Heteira, a lot of the songs are Pharell's. Boy, we're in for a treat when Batman versus Superman comes out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    If people like Jordi are still around when Batman versus Superman comes out its going to be the biggest harvest of facebook facepalm fodder in the history of film scores.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Unless Hans Zimmer isn't scoring.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013
    You forgot the grumpy princess wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    You forgot the grumpy princess wink

slant

Anyhow. I don't like Days of Thunder too much. Sounds a lot like The Best of Iron Maiden, which was too long for its short duration.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Really? shocked

ORDERED! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    My opinion could be false.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No excuses. You are now personally accountable.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I am immune to your accountability charges.
    Kazoo
  4. The score features Jeff Beck on guitar.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    trevor rabin played also on a couple of tracks. he said that in an interview a while ago.
  5. He played on the song, not the score. That's basically what everyone involved says.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The score features Jeff Beck on guitar.

Beck is excellent but I prefer his own albums.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    under this link is an old interview with rabin.

http://www.runmovies.eu/temp/index.php? … ng-session

2 weeks ago it was available without password. and in this interview he said "I actually played on some tracks for DAYS OF THUNDER". maybe he meant just a couple of songs, but maybe he also meant the score. who knows. but its interesting, who was already involved in this early zimmer score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013
    Lars wrote
    under this link is an old interview with rabin.

http://www.runmovies.eu/temp/index.php? … ng-session

2 weeks ago it was available without password. and in this interview he said "I actually played on some tracks for DAYS OF THUNDER". maybe he meant just a couple of songs, but maybe he also meant the score. who knows. but its interesting, who was already involved in this early zimmer score.

You can still read it. Google cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … &gl=us
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t9mhP45AY1 … mhP45AY1M#

ROCK ON !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

Mmmmm! Nice little taster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If this the main theme then bravo Hans for the excellent leitmotif !
  6. This really sounds great and I don't wanna split hairs, but ... "Fanfare for the Common Man"?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I like how it feels like it belongs in the same musical world as the first film's score, due to the similar use of electronics.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Scribe wrote
    I like how it feels like it belongs in the same musical world as the first film's score, due to the similar use of electronics.

Not to mention the melody being a very close cousin to James Horner's main theme.
  7. Wich is a very good thing.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.