• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014
    Bregje wrote
    I don't like the song very much either.

I love Pharrell Williams 'HAPPY' it's a brilliant pop song, the best pop record since Get Lucky, I love Northern Soul and this is a brilliant track ( though a tad bit overplayed now to be honest ), the danger for me, if I was there is that I'd have enjoyed that more than any of Zimmer's music. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I guess most film music fans ARE semi-autistic without any social grace or respect for etiquette.
    wink

Hm, funny enough I think it's more autistic to stay seated to hear each and every note and more 'neurotypical...' to go get some drinks

yeah

A great review of the concert Bregje and glad you had a great time in London.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014 edited
    Well, neurotypical *), atypical or unsymphatypical, I think it's rather rude just walking about all the time during a (seated) concert. Surely it not only distracts the perfomers but also those trying to listen.

*) Didn't know that was the opposite of autistic! smile

Timmer wrote

I love Pharrell Williams 'HAPPY'

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I fucking hate that song. It needs to die a horrible, painful (but quick) death. And his hat is stupid. It's the fucking sorting hat from Harry Potter. Twat!

Ahem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great song, cool to see them to a performance at this concert, even though it isn't a Zimmer composition.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    I fucking hate that song. It needs to die a horrible, painful (but quick) death. And his hat is stupid. It's the fucking sorting hat from Harry Potter. Twat!

Much anger in you...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Too fucking right I have anger in me. The amount of fucking times I've heard that fucking stupid fucking song played on the fucking radio at fucking work. crazy crazy crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not to mention the fucking gym! And the fucking TV!

Fuck that song.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    And his hat is stupid.

Oh, heaven forbid any pop star should look an arsehole wearing a hat.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This is how it's done!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Not to mention the fucking gym! And the fucking TV!

Fuck that song.

TV is bad. Turn it off!

Gym is bad. Stop training. Smoke 40 a day. Eat sausages.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Even Doctors say so. Go to 1.15 of the clip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Doctor Bashir?

A leading sausage connoisseur amongst many talents, but of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sausages are amazing. I mean really, truly amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Especially Apple sausages. Lord have mercy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2014
    Did all Zimmer-fans leave this place? This topic is quiet. smile
  1. Mercifully quiet. I have no doubt things will heat up once Interstellar hits the fan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregje wrote

No, I'm still here, for one. But Jordi, Kristina and a few more have gone.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    When you say "quiet" I guess you mean "not four more pages since yesterday"? wink
    I still find it quite busy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks for the review Bregje! I'm really envious about this whole concert. Several reasons prevented me to go. But I'm glad it was such a great show and that you had time to visit London, a fantastic city. I reckon the event had a lot of similarities with the concert in Gent in 2001. A lot of his collaborators were present too back then.

Why did he sing Happy then? Or did I misunderstood. I know he did music on Spider Man?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Thanks for the review Bregje! I'm really envious about this whole concert. Several reasons prevented me to go. But I'm glad it was such a great show and that you had time to visit London, a fantastic city. I reckon the event had a lot of similarities with the concert in Gent in 2001. A lot of his collaborators were present too back then.

Why did he sing Happy then? Or did I misunderstood. I know he did music on Spider Man?

I think that was just a fun gesture since Pharrell and Zimmer are good friends (from SPIDERMAN, among other things). So it made sense to play Pharrell's hit, even though Zimmer had nothing to do with it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Composers befriending rappers!? It's unnatural. It goes against God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What about rappers being composers, like RZA?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They should be burned at the stake for witchcraft.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think I should discuss my concerns with Zimmer himself. He seems like a reasonable man.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote

I guess it is just as well that you aren't a fan of some other highly respected or high profile composers.
  2. Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote

I think that was just a fun gesture since Pharrell and Zimmer are good friends (from SPIDERMAN, among other things). So it made sense to play Pharrell's hit, even though Zimmer had nothing to do with it.

Didn't he actually produce the music to Despicable Me 2?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2014
    Despicable him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    When you say "quiet" I guess you mean "not four more pages since yesterday"? wink

No no, I mean quiet since the concert and before. I didn't expect to be the only MainTitler who went to the concert. I had hoped to discuss the concert a bit with reasonable people.