• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016
    It's not a bad score, it's fun. But unless this year ends up being the antithesis to the last, I doubt it'll feature highly on my list of 2016 favourites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2016
    not a very good score
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Oh come on, Tom. It may not pull up any trees but it's perfectly enjoyable and does everything it needs to do. I'm also impressed that they are still finding new ways to play those themes and have them not feel stagnant and regurgitated. Maybe not one for the ages but it's not bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2016
    Southall wrote
    Have previously seen John Williams and John Barry in Birmingham...

When was this???
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Very late 90s I think. I think with Williams it was a few days before he did his last ever London concerts, and with Barry it was the second year of his "comeback concerts".
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Oh come on, Tom. It may not pull up any trees but it's perfectly enjoyable and does everything it needs to do. I'm also impressed that they are still finding new ways to play those themes and have them not feel stagnant and regurgitated. Maybe not one for the ages but it's not bad.

I didn't see the movie so perhaps I shouldn't judge the material but as a stand alone listen blah
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2016
  2. Junkie XL is the worst thing to happen to Hans Zimmer in a long, long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2016 edited
    Oh come on, i came back 'cause i heard Jordi was back on-board? Please tell me the princess is back too, and maybe Sunil and i'll make it a full-time comeback. smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. I couldn't care less about film and score. vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Listening now, not bad, imo smile It's like man of steel 2. If you enjoyed that one, most likely you'll enjoy this one too. I'll see the film for sure, out of interest mostly, but granted Bennifer is not my ideal idea for a Batman!
  4. Demetris wrote
    Listening now, not bad, imo smile It's like man of steel 2. If you enjoyed that one, most likely you'll enjoy this one too. I'll see the film for sure, out of interest mostly, but granted Bennifer is not my ideal idea for a Batman!

are you kidding me? Track 5 or 6 is not Man of Steel. Man of steel at least didn't have noise. And I'm no fan at all of Man of Steel, not at all
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, noise comes from amazing spiderman 2 i think. Not a fan of that wink In batman vs superman btw, i also hear a lot of deep male choir peacemaker style and i like it smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Bennifer is not my ideal idea for a Batman!

I'm no fan of Ben Affleck but I think he looks great as Batman.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, I don't mind the casting one bit...although I would have LOVED to see Christian Bale (my favourite actor for some time ) square off against Supes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Bennifer is not my ideal idea for a Batman!

I'm no fan of Ben Affleck but I think he looks great as Batman.

Well doesn't he look like a buffed emo batman to you ? I mean, even in the 2nd 'father' - themed trilogy by Mallick, To the Wonder , even there, he had that permanent miserable look to his face. There's something with his face, dunno. No matter the role and style, it's always the same face. And God he was boring in that terribly mediocre GONE GIRL film by Fincher.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Yeah, I don't mind the casting one bit...although I would have LOVED to see Christian Bale (my favourite actor for some time ) square off against Supes.

Love Bale too. Especially after i've seen KNIGHT OF CUPS lately.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OK, I've heard through BATS VS. SUPES once now, and I'm -- unsurprisingly -- quite stumped about the vitriol it's receiving left and right. Yes, overall it might be a bit disappointing, and I recognize tracks that are a bit heavy on 'oscillator noise' and clichéed drumming etc., but that takes NOTHING away from the many highlight tracks that either showcase slowmoving power anthems, gorgeous textures (esp. the MAN OF STEEL references) and great build-ups. I would rate it 4 out of 6, and I think everyone else is either bonkers and/or love to throw themselves on the hate bandwagon.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If the scale was one of rotten eggs, assuredly.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Inverse Thor Law: A score's quality is inversely proportional to the square of Thor's opinion.

Like Newton's equations and sending a craft to Mars, this is all you need to work out how good or bad a score will be. Works amazingly well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...there are always exceptions to the rule, though. I'm about as big a fan of "bombastic" 90s scores as Erik Woods, for example. You can't pin me down!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    OK, I've heard through BATS VS. SUPES once now, and I'm -- unsurprisingly -- quite stumped about the vitriol it's receiving left and right. Yes, overall it might be a bit disappointing, and I recognize tracks that are a bit heavy on 'oscillator noise' and clichéed drumming etc., but that takes NOTHING away from the many highlight tracks that either showcase slowmoving power anthems, gorgeous textures (esp. the MAN OF STEEL references) and great build-ups. I would rate it 4 out of 6, and I think everyone else is either bonkers and/or love to throw themselves on the hate bandwagon.

Liked it too, especially for the man of steel references here as well. Sounds like man of steel 2.0 to my ears.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed. Just not as good.

Btw, glad to see you pop by, Demetris! I've missed you (despite our disagreements now and then).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    The Inverse Thor Law: A score's quality is inversely proportional to the square of Thor's opinion.

Like Newton's equations and sending a craft to Mars, this is all you need to work out how good or bad a score will be. Works amazingly well.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Indeed. Just not as good.

Btw, glad to see you pop by, Demetris! I've missed you (despite our disagreements now and then).

What's life without salt and pepper? although i feel i got softer and buttery and more oily now, you know wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Olive or rapeseed?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ask Timmer wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor enjoys BvS but calls Gods of Egypt a noise fest. This just strengthens my 'if everyone loves it, Thor hates it (and vise versa)' theory.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Thor wrote
    He, he...there are always exceptions to the rule, though. I'm about as big a fan of "bombastic" 90s scores as Erik Woods, for example. You can't pin me down!

Yes, but only if they were actually written in the 90s. If the exact same music were to come out to day - "too much bombast, too much action, too looooooooong" suicide
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thor wrote

Yes, but only if they were actually written in the 90s. If the exact same music were to come out to day - "too much bombast, too much action, too looooooooong" suicide

Yes, i have to agree, there is a difference in the more innocent 90's sound than today's 90'ish action scores. Like both in some cases though, accordingly.

Erik Woods wrote
    Thor enjoys BvS but calls Gods of Egypt a noise fest. This just strengthens my 'if everyone loves it, Thor hates it (and vise versa)' theory.

-Erik-

Ah, nice to see nothing has changed wink