• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2016
    Thor wrote
    Olive or rapeseed?

Olive of course. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016
    D is back! wave
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2016 edited
    We're sorely in need of some D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2016
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Steven wrote

Let's get hyper with some Sunny D!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016 edited
    Everybody needs the D? (except Erik? wink ) Btw have you noticed that most (if not all) departures and (re)arrivals happen in the Zimmer thread? The guy we all love to hate but secretly adore wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016
    Bregt wrote
    D is back! wave

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

Let's get hyper with some Sunny D!

Missed you guys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2016 edited
    I listened to the score today.

That is all I remember.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I read the news today.
    Oh boy.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Here is the news,
    Another action-filled adventure
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016
    In my pants.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016 edited
    -
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor desperately needs more Zimmer comments wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Posted in the wrong thread!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2016
    http://variety.com/2016/artisans/produc … 201736637/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2016 edited
    "Zimmer doesn’t believe that all musicians can move successfully to film scoring. The key attribute for the job: story sense. “I think you’re just born with it or you’re not,” Zimmer says.

In Holkenborg’s case, he cites an example from “Batman v Superman.” “We finally came up with a motif for Wonder Woman. It was pretty daring and noisy and out-there. I knew it was good, but I didn’t quite know how to marry it to the character.

“I remember Junkie being very specific: ‘OK, go to this frame and just lay it up against the frame.’ We played it back, and it was one of those great shocks: I thought it would never work, and it worked like magic. I remember looking at him and going, ‘Hmm … great story sense; great filmmaker here.’ ”"

...I don't even know what to say...
    How could anyone get their knickers in a twist so much over whether a generic noisy drum beat is married to frame 119.264 or frame 119.265?

I fear greatly that they have started to confound effort with result: i.e. they sweat and slave and think and rethink 20 hours a day over SOMETHING THAT IS ABSOLUTELY SHIT...and due to the amount of effort they pour into it they cannot hear any more how shit it is...because they worked SO hard on it and spent SO much time on it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    I fear greatly that they have started to confound effort with result: i.e. they sweat and slave and think and rethink 20 hours a day over SOMETHING THAT IS ABSOLUTELY SHIT...and due to the amount of effort they pour into it they cannot hear any more how shit it is...because they worked SO hard on it and spent SO much time on it.

Yep. Zimmer strikes me as a person susceptible to bullshit - or at least willing to peddle it for marketing. He's capable of great things, but seems unable to discern between a turd and a diamond.
  3. NP: Batman v Superman (2016) - Hans Zimmer; Junkie Holkenborg)

I feel compelled to take the minority position here. I like this score.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sympathy for the underdog, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    "Zimmer doesn’t believe that all musicians can move successfully to film scoring. The key attribute for the job: story sense. “I think you’re just born with it or you’re not,” Zimmer says.

In Holkenborg’s case, he cites an example from “Batman v Superman.” “We finally came up with a motif for Wonder Woman. It was pretty daring and noisy and out-there. I knew it was good, but I didn’t quite know how to marry it to the character.

“I remember Junkie being very specific: ‘OK, go to this frame and just lay it up against the frame.’ We played it back, and it was one of those great shocks: I thought it would never work, and it worked like magic. I remember looking at him and going, ‘Hmm … great story sense; great filmmaker here.’ ”"

...I don't even know what to say...
    How could anyone get their knickers in a twist so much over whether a generic noisy drum beat is married to frame 119.264 or frame 119.265?

Has a lot of truth in it, what you say.
  4. Well, Hans Zimmer is hardly an underdog. I have to say that in this case I judge what I hear not so much as film music. I love electronica, also the ambient variety. What Zimmer does here in terms of sonic textures rivals even Brian Eno, to name just the godfather of that genre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    Well, Hans Zimmer is hardly an underdog. I have to say that in this case I judge what I hear not so much as film music. I love electronica, also the ambient variety. What Zimmer does here in terms of sonic textures rivals even Brian Eno, to name just the godfather of that genre.

I like what i hear in man of steel 2.0 (BVS). But in no case it is not even near to this genius he always describes such scores of him to be wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I just keep hearing in the back of my mind the response James got on one of his reviews on Facebook (where he had the audacity to go against all the Zimmerites and utter some very valid criicisms with regard to lyricism, harmony, structure and enjoyability of one of Zimmer's score) from Zimmer himself (I STILL have my doubts the man runs his own Facebook account, but OK, assuming it was him for the sake of argument) where the gist of the rebuttal was "but you have NO idea how HARD I worked on this".

That never sat right with me.
    That should not ever be the measure of quality.
    I can certainly respect someone's drive, energy and tenacity, but at the end of the day it's about the RESULT.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Spot on Martijn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "Zimmer doesn’t believe that all musicians can move successfully to film scoring.

The only proof one ever needs of this is the film scoring of Junkie XL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    "but you have NO idea how HARD I worked on this".

It is him. Goes in-line with what he says, and how he says it, in his interviews.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    "Zimmer doesn’t believe that all musicians can move successfully to film scoring.

The only proof one ever needs of this is the film scoring of Junkie XL.

Heheh. I think it's his worst ever (to date) choice for an RC Minion. At least, Ramin Djawadi and co, moved to way better things afterwards, and have proven they (somehow) have it (well, something). I highly doubt Junkie XL.