• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. One of the things I like with scrobbling my iTunes tracks through last.fm is that I get the statistics of what I have been listening to over certain periods of time (last 7 days / last month / last 3 months / last 6 months / last 12 months). It is sometimes quite interesting to look back to see what my listening preferences have been.

Although, since I tend to use iTunes to shuffle track/album favourites (I use MediaMonkey for album listening), the numbers tend to be based upon how many tracks from each composer I have overall in my favourites playlist.

But now that it's been almost 6 months since I opened the Star Trek: TOS box I am not surprised that 3 of the top 6 composers I have been listening to are composers who scored this vintage TV show: Fred Steiner, Alexander Courage and Gerald Fried.

Anyone else have trends they would care to share?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013
    I've been spending a lot of time lately listening to Waxman.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013
    Must admit I don't use iTunes statistics very much. I don't usually play 'random' tracks, so I'm pretty much always aware of what albums I play the most in a given period of time. A recent listening trend? Hmmm....I've played OBLIVION a lot. And I'm still on an ambient binge.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2013 edited
    There's no real trend emerging from Last.FM that surprises me: there's been an absolutely massive amount of listening to radio/audio drama, and then a tenfold amount of listening to soundtracks, without real rhyme or reason to it.

Utterly unsurprisingly my top composer listens are
    John Williams
    Basil Poledouris
    Georges Delerue
    Jerry Goldsmith
    Miklos Rozsa
    Ennio Morricone
    John Powell
    Murray Gold
    Elmer Bernstein
    Michael Giacchino (OK, that one is a little surprising! I had no diea he'd be in my top ten!)

I do like that I can see I've listened to a LOT of tracks called Main Titles. Most of which by Jerry Goldsmith. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Martijn wrote
    I do like that I can see I've listened to a LOT of tracks called Main Titles. Most of which by Jerry Goldsmith. smile

Me too.

One of the things that irks me somewhat is that the Scrobbler does not differentiate between tracks named "Main Titles" from different albums. So, if I mark one of these as a favourite, all Jerry Goldsmith's "Main Titles" tracks are favourited. If I had time I would go back and relabel them all by adding the album title to the track title.

Also, the Scrobbler failed to recognise any track titles entitled "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. I just HAD to go through and add the album titles to these tracks!

And don't get me started on the lack of recognition for John Ottman's score for Unknown!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn