• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2013 edited
    Ok, it happens from time to time that people come up to me and try to recommend a film they've seen but can't remember the title of (people tend to be very forgetful about that, no matter how much they claim to love the film). Usually they come up with helpful hints and I've taken it as some kind of game or sport to guess the title of the film as soon as possible (like some sort of real-life-Hints).

But this time, someone tried to strongly recommend a film of which he gave some hints and I thought I'd easily find this one out with the help of Google, but I can't and its driving me insane! The main annoyance is that at one point I KNOW I've come across the film, yet I can't remember it! So, please, end my frustration if you happen to know the following film:

1) It's a film about which Quentin Tarantino has supposedly said: "now THIS is why they call it the MOTION pictures", due to the fast pace and high tension of the film.
    2) The film is about two neighbors, one a CIA (?) man and the other a Clint Eastwood fan.
    3) Someone gets killed. With a gun.

That's basically all he had.

So, does this ring a bell to anyone?

Of course, this topic may also be used to anyone who encounters a problem like this, since I can imagine the 'I loved that film, but what was the title again?!' problem is, I can imagine, a problem with many victims.
  1. This one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeview_Terrace

???

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013 edited
    Hmm. Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't find the Tarantino quote nor the Eastwood-fan link in relation to this film. Will give it a watch though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013
    When one has a quote, a bit of google fu normally reveals the answer. Losing a "the" from the quote I get these results. They seem to be about a movie called "Running scared".

Judging by the trailer there seem to be a lot of guns and killing, but nothing about neighbors and Clint Eastwood fans.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Anyway I'm looking for an 80s movie about time travel. There's the hero of the movie and he's followed in time by some evil dude. For some reason I've later convinced myself that the evil dude was John Lithgow, but perhaps I'm misremembering because I can't find such a film among his movies. I think later in the movie they end up in America around 1850 (western stuff), and there's some stagecoach robbery or battle around a stagecoach.

Any ideas?

Peter smile
  2. I did a quick internet search and show a TV movie called "Timestalkers" which has a stagecoach in it. Don't know anything beyond that.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    plindboe wrote
    When one has a quote, a bit of google fu normally reveals the answer. Losing a "the" from the quote I get these results. They seem to be about a movie called "Running scared".

Judging by the trailer there seem to be a lot of guns and killing, but nothing about neighbors and Clint Eastwood fans.

Peter smile

Ha! It's funny how Google works. I've been endlessly searching on Google with that quote, bit all I got was random websites on Tarantino and motion pictures, but nothing containing that specific quote of his. So all I had to do was remove a 'the'... Still, last night in bed (yes, that's how obsessed I can get with these things) I remembered the guy I talked with also mentioned one of the neighbours is Russian and on Googling just on a film with Russian neighbours, the first result also was Running Scared. Then finding that Tarantino quote with it sealed the deal for me. Thanks for the help!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    I did a quick internet search and show a TV movie called "Timestalkers" which has a stagecoach in it. Don't know anything beyond that.

Jep, it must be Timestalkers. You can find a quite lengthy summary of the film on Wikipedia, which mentions the timetraveling back to 1880, the stagecoach battle and the evil dude. Also, it stars John Ratzenberger, so that memory might have mutated in your head into Lithgow wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timestalkers
  3. plindboe wrote
    Anyway I'm looking for an 80s movie about time travel. There's the hero of the movie and he's followed in time by some evil dude. For some reason I've later convinced myself that the evil dude was John Lithgow, but perhaps I'm misremembering because I can't find such a film among his movies. I think later in the movie they end up in America around 1850 (western stuff), and there's some stagecoach robbery or battle around a stagecoach.

Any ideas?

Peter smile

Sounds almost like Back to the Future 3. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    BobdH wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I did a quick internet search and show a TV movie called "Timestalkers" which has a stagecoach in it. Don't know anything beyond that.

Jep, it must be Timestalkers. You can find a quite lengthy summary of the film on Wikipedia, which mentions the timetraveling back to 1880, the stagecoach battle and the evil dude. Also, it stars John Ratzenberger, so that memory might have mutated in your head into Lithgow wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timestalkers

The wonder of Google
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    justin boggan wrote

That's it! Well done!

Holy crap, it looks almost nothing like how I remembered. I watched it several times as a kid, but my mind must have altered the memories of it over time.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BobdH wrote
    Thanks for the help!

smile