• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2008
    The rule is simple - every day, post 1 random fact.

A man in the Middle East has legally changed his name to Optimus Prime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2008 edited
    A man lost on the Atlantic called his British Pub for help, not the Coast Guard. He got saved anyway.

(Is this how it works?)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, I'll post a few more to start it.

On New Years in the UK, emergency services got a call every 8 seconds to tend to the wasted. Go British binge drinkers!

On Friday, it snowed in Baghdad.

Part of the FBI's phone network was shut down by their service provider due to an unpaid bill.

A British man who constantly harassed and abused his neighbors has been banned from living in his house.

And if that guys local pub managed to save him then I'm going to that pub!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A prisoner in high security Wakefield jail in Yorkshire has changed his name by deedpoll to Obi-Wan Kenobi and must now be addressed as Obi-Wan or Mr. Kenobi rolleyes

I'd prefer to address this low life as Mr. Scum.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Scientists Grow a Beating Heart shocked
    (omg, they grow hearts now!)
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Damn them, will they never learn? First it was Dinosaurs and then Robots, two of mankinds deadliest enemies....mankind will never be safe again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthordjdave
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008
    Here's one:

The most Northerly state of the United States is Alaska
    The most Southerly state of the United States is Hawaii
    The most Westerly state of the United States is Alaska
    The most Easterly state of the United States is Alaska
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    djdave wrote
    Here's one:

Alaska is BIG!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    djdave wrote
    Here's one:

Alaska is BIG!

I won't argue that it's big, it's just trying to show off because it's in the corner. tongue

Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

Damn them, will they never learn? First it was Dinosaurs and then Robots, two of mankinds deadliest enemies....mankind will never be safe again.

Wait until the day we have robot dinosaurs, then we'll be screwed! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Coincidentally I just saw an item on TV on a Dutch talkshow last night about a dinosaur-robot, which was considered as a big leap towards the robotic pet! It even had a camera in it's head so it reacted to your hand, he could 'bite' your finger playfully, he could walk, he loved to be petted on the head, and with Christmas, you could ad a chip so he could sing Christmas songs dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Coincidentally I just saw an item on TV on a Dutch talkshow last night about a dinosaur-robot, which was considered as a big leap towards the robotic pet! It even had a camera in it's head so it reacted to your hand, he could 'bite' your finger playfully, he could walk, he loved to be petted on the head, and with Christmas, you could ad a chip so he could sing Christmas songs dizzy

Great! slant sad

Dinosaurs will rule the world again by next Christmas, mark my words!

See whatcha started Anthony?! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I bet it was invented in Japan. They love silly robots over there.

Logic tells us that the inevitable end of world as we know it will start in Japan when the first robot dinosaurs with artificial intelligence are manufactured.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Yep, they're a huge hype in Japan! They're introducing it over here in Holland as well, as 'the next generation Furby', but one such 'toy' is around 200,- euro's...
  1. Bregt wrote

You mean, beside the one they were born with?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    A man lost on the Atlantic called his British Pub for help, not the Coast Guard. He got saved anyway.

(Is this how it works?)

Hehe, funny.

This reminds me of a news item I read about people who go out sailing or something don't know as well anymore how to call the coast guard because they think they are safe having their mobile phone with them, but they don't realise that doesn't always work. You just need to know how to raise the alarm for your own safety and not rely on a mobile phone.

Stupid enough I think I would do exactly the same thing when on the road. When something happens I'd call home to let them tell me to call the road service or whatever is necessary!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregje wrote
    Stupid enough I think I would do exactly the same thing when on the road. When something happens I'd call home to let them tell me to call the road service or whatever is necessary!

Well, also probably because you want to be assured by someone you know, that it's not that big a deal smile You don't want to talk to some stranger first when you're in trouble!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A man has (almost) had his arm ripped off by a vechicle as he was waving to someone accross the street. Doctors are wondering whether to amputate. Must suck to be him! slant
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote

You just wait until these ''pets'' bite your whole arm off, travel at 100mph and use Christmas songs as weapons of mass destruction. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Dinobots Rule The Earth!

And in completely unrelated news, science has created the blackest black known to man.
    How black is that? Well, so black it can't get any blacker.
    Try and imagine Vader's armour multiplied by a Black Hole to the power of the colour of Hitler's soul.
    This is even blacker.

Obviously this is fantastic news for some people who we 'd like to see obscured.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Wow, fascinating!! The blackest black known to man.

Shouldn't this also be in the science topic?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Science topic? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008 edited
    Heh, I read about the blacker than black thing the other day in another article. The funniest part was that there's actually a measure how how ''black'' the colour black is. This new material they've invented is apparantly 95% more black than all previous blacks! tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Science topic? confused

Your playing catch-up pal wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The science topic confuses me. Science certainly isn't my thing! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Science topic? confused

Your? wink

That's right. I will continue to bust chops. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Random fact: I've been the last poster for the top 12 threads on MT. I'm at work. tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Science topic? confused

Your? wink

That's right. I will continue to bust chops. biggrin

....and YOUR tongue only a consonant and a vowel away from being busted by the spelling police at any given time mister! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DUH-DUH-DUH!

THE CONSONANT POLICE!

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony, what's your job exactly? Updating maintitles.net? tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well, my official title is ''Main Titles Spam Producer'', but it's no way near as fancy as it sounds. tongue