• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013 edited
    We have a thread for 'internet dating', but it should really be more general.

In any case, I'm posting this now because I've had three dates recently.

I realize this is a personal topic, but I was wondering about people's experience with dating -- whether you're single or in a relationship. How do you view dating? Are you comfortable with it? Any stories to share -- bad or good?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013
    Hmmm....maybe a bit 'awkward' for a messageboard topic, I just realized now.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote

In any case, I'm posting this now because I've had three dates recently, where the girl has actually asked ME out.

Yeah, it always adventorous when we leave our CD filled man caves to face the world out there! biggrin

I realize this is a personal topic, but I was wondering about people's experience with dating -- whether you're single or in a relationship. How do you view dating? Are you comfortable with it? Any stories to share -- bad or good?

So few girls on this board and all are spoken for or far away! sad

Yet obviously you don't want to turn this into a dating board but rather a place to share experiance (to a certain extend I trust).

I have always been a rather solitary man. Already as a young child I didn't like Westerns where the hero ends up with a girl and starting an all ordinary live. My hero had to ride into the sunset alone but free.

Of couse I experiance lots of social interaction in my job as a teacher. At present this job seems to satisfy my social needs.

I could imagine a relationship with a woman on the basis of friendship with me and her retaining their own apartement. Yet a "real" partnership is something I am not looking for at the moment.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. I read the topic title and I thought that it was a place to come to set up a date!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013 edited
    Me too. I was hoping to get some action.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013
    Far too few Greeks in this thread. :grumpy:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hands off, D's mine. angry
  3. I saw D. was online one of these days. Anyone knows anyhting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Clearly Steven does?
    biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Best leave them to it eh? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, and with plenty of olive oil. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    EXTRA virgine! lick
  4. I don't even dare to come and post here.

I'm a girl but luckily not Greek :-).
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  5. Me neither, mostly because my girlfriend lurks here. Hi Sabrina! wink
  6. Does she prefer the score by Friedrich Hollaender or John Williams? cheesy
  7. Captain Future wrote
    Does she prefer the score by Friedrich Hollaender or John Williams? cheesy

I haven't heard of Hollaender and I haven't heard the Williams, so no idea. biggrin
  8. Edmund! shocked

Schon mal was von Marlene Dietrich und "Der Blaue Engel" gehört? "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe eingestellt ..." Das ist von Hollaender.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Hollaender

wink Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    "Der Blaue Engel"

Best German film ever (and there were some serious contenders in that field in Berlin's halcyon days! My God! Nosferatu, Metropolis, Faust, Die Büchse der Pandora, Der Golem....Such history!)
    It never fails to move me deeply.

Skating_Lientje wrote
    I don't even dare to come and post here.

And yet you did!
    Gotta love the spunk of Flemish girls!
    And their dialect, of course. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013
    Thor wrote
    How do you view dating? Are you comfortable with it?

I usually am quite comfortable with it, simply because when I go on a date, it'll be with a girl I have already spoken to before at some length somehow.
    I'd never go on a real blind date.

Usually I have enough to talk about, so yeah. Things generally move along in a tranquil but nice way.

Any stories to share -- bad or good?

Not really, I'm afraid.
    I'm absolutely shit at picking up girls -wouldn't have the first inkling on what to say- , so I tend to play it safe.

When I was quite a bit younger I made the (classic) mistake of going out with a cute girl, only to moan about my ex all evening. So that went nowhere very fast. dizzy

Well. Obviously we didn't have the internet back then to steer us straight. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013
    So being a girl and Greek , do I have to post here? wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    YES!

The terms of agreement of MainTitles clearly state you are obliged to!

And if they don't, they should.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm not sure I'm of any help here. I'm still with my first date and technically we never dated, we were just together from day one.
    cheesy cheesy

I think this adds to not being a very social person or good with first chitchat, you know, to get to know someone. I just never did that. I'm also a quiet and shy person.

So if I want to meet new people (like with dating) I don't know how or what to say.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't think I'd be much help either, I've been with Mel for so long that if I was suddenly in the dating game again I'd barely know what to do, I'm no longer that arrogant fresh faced young man I once was.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I don't think I'd be much help either, I've been with Mel for so long that if I was suddenly in the dating game again I'd barely know what to do, I'm no longer that arrogant fresh faced young man I once was.

Reminds me of a quote by Loius CK:

"Getting divorced is like stepping out of a time machine that traveled you 14 years. But it’s a really shitty time machine. It’s the kind of time machine where it takes the real amount of time to take you to the future. It's basically like if a time machine was a box that you get in and sit in it for two years, then it's two years later."
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2021
    Any news here, for those of you still single?

I gave up dating in 2017 or thereabouts, for a myriad of different reasons.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Was dating for a long time, but going for 6 years now with my girlfriend Alison (longest I've been together with anyone).

At a certain point you miss the excitement, thrill and anxiety of a first date, but it benefits from knowing you're together with someone who knows you, trusts you, accepts you for who you are. You don't have to pretend to be someone you're not just for the chance they might like you.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2021 edited
    I've had a couple of flings, some longer than others, since I broke up with Aleksandra (some of you may have met her when she accompanied me in Ghent '15).

But I'm really quite uninterested at the moment. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2021 edited
    LSH wrote
    I've had a couple of flings, some longer than others, since I broke up with Aleksandra (some of you may have met her when she accompanied me in Ghent '15).

But I'm really quite uninterested at the moment. slant

My advice, given that you're uninterested, is to take a break from it. Don't date because you feel you need to, or that you're 'lonely'. Be lonely. Pump the breaks on all of that. Hopefully you'll be in a better position to start it all up again. 2020/21 has taught me more about dating than all the years prior to it. I have some stories. spin