• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2013
    In the last few days I've had limited success accessing maintitles and I suspect it might be the Chrome browser. Has anyone else had similiar problems?
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2013 edited
    It's not your browser, the site is a bit unreliable these days: there just was a downtime of about twenty minutes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Is this something that Bregt is aware of?
    Tom
  1. Google Chrome? I really hated his score to "Shaky Cam 5: Filmmaker's Revenge".
    wink

Lucky me, I was about for 20 minutes and missed it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Is anyone having issues with the most recent version of Chrome? I've had my laptop freezing when I have tried to open the browser the last few days.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No problem here.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Any good reason to use that browser at all? I'm still with FireFox.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    IMO, Firefox is a pig. Chrome is a lean, mean fast browsing machine!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2013
    Where I work part time we have Firefox and I'm not happy with it. When Chrome is working it is the best way to go for browsing but I do see the oops page a fair amount.
    Tom
  4. That's interesting Tom. I very rarely see an oops page when using Chrome. I'd say I use Chrome as my browser of chocie on my PC, followed by Opera.

Chrome is quick and simple, and rarely fails. I think that my issues with Chrome recently have been just coincidence. There's something in the background hogging my system sometimes - I suspect something in iTunes - and my PC just seems to hang for 60-90 seconds before "catching up" (or sometimes it just decides to freeze completely).

I'd certainly recommend Chrome. And, if you wish (and have a Gmail account) you can link all your Google stuff together.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Perhaps the problem lies with my computer.
    Tom smile
  5. sdtom wrote
    Perhaps the problem lies with my computer.
    Tom smile

Have you tried clearing out your browser's history?

At the top-right hand side of the browser (underneath the "X" to close the browser) there's three parallel horizontal lines. Click on it and you will find "History". Choose this and then find button that says "clear browsing history". Choose this, close and restart your browser.

Maybe worth clearing the browser's cache. I'm not sure how this is done in the browser as I use a little free program called CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) to get rid of the detritus of internet surfing.

Maybe that will help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Will give it a try Alan
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2018
    Another irritating thing I can't seem to fix after the format:

How do I remove those irritating 'recently viewed' boxes/miniature pictures on the Google Chrome search page? I've googled around, looked around, but can't seem to find a way.
    I am extremely serious.