• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008
    Through the usual channels? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2008 edited
    Naturally, the promo score is required for a good listening expierence. Besides the official release with 2 cues, there's also one available with 3 cues, but more difficult to find.

I know a lot of prejudiced people who don't like romantic comedies a lot, which is fine with me. But those who also have something against their scores (or those with low expectations of every rom-com score), might really be surprised by Armstrong efforts. If that doesn't convince you, I would like to mention that the same thing happened to Bregt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Bregt wrote
    There's a very fine promo of Love Actually available. wink

It... is? shocked Well, available is probably not the word I would have used in the first place...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep wrote
    Naturally, the promo score is required for a good listening expierence. Besides the official release with 2 cues, there's also one available with 3 cues, but more difficult to find.

Luckily you have seventeen copies.
    Can we have one?

biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Joep wrotef that doesn't convince you, I would like to mention that the same thing happened to Bregt.

I like the Powell romcommies!

Gigli is one of my favourites!
    With gospel singing of course. lick
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Ok, ok, but I remember you being really surprised by the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Powell romcoms rock!
    punk
  1. Martijn wrote
    Luckily you have seventeen copies.
    Can we have one?
    biggrin

PAALEEEEEEEZE? *little puppy look*
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I would be in business with 17 original promos!

There are lot of great rom-com scores out there to my opinion...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Please don't say Shrek with muscles Martijn, you are too knowledgable for that, I really didn't expect You to come out with the ignorant kind of crap that a few film critics did the first time Hulk appeared on the big screen ( I wonder if some will say the same again...I won't bet on it? rolleyes ). The first thing I thought when I saw Shrek for the first time was 'Hulk rip off'!

Not my point: what I meant was a clearly fully CGI-created character (far more cartoonish than lifelike) in the same vein that Shrek was.
    Except this particular Shrek (big green CGI character) had muscles rippling all over (which beats earwax in my book, but hey, that's a personal preference).

What I saw in the trailer was exactly that again, a big, green, obviously CGI-created character. I am perfectly happy with that in a cartoon, but not in a live action film where it's supposedly a humanoid.
    So I stick with my qualification (for now).

Fair enough Martijn, I see where your coming from now.

A friend of mie said it would have been better for all the film ( Hulk ) to have been CGI? He may have a point.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

wink biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

wink biggrin

I think it may be some kind of torettes? spin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008
    i've seen on amazon that there will be 2 disk soundtrack with only music from Craig Armstrong for the Incredible Hulk. Does anybody know if this is correct, because a double score cd seems to be much! The soundclips sound great, not really the typical Armstrong sound, what I can hear on these 30 sec clips
  2. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    It´s not only the best romantic movie I´ve ever seen, showing love in all its beauty and sadness....

Sorry to make a personal call here Ralph, but how beautiful or sad could the love in your life be if LOVE ACTUALLY sums it up? wink

I speak in jest, but seriously, this movie's about as deep as a fishbowl.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  3. CraigArmstrongOnline.com is reporting Armstrong has scored "The Day After Peace".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008 edited
    Well, what do you expect me to answer?

There are at least four or five scenes from the movie that I can personally connect so much with...

The Keira story... well... there was a point in my life where I was in the exact same dilemma as the video guy. Say about the "deepness" of that movie what you willl - just watching that scene where Keira realizes the truth and he just runs away from it... hurts. Badly.

The rush of adrenaline the boy must have felt during his "home run" reminds me a lot about another certain situation in my life.

And there are other things I really do not want to talk about but where I know that the movie hit them on the spot.

Maybe people feel very different about love. Of course there is more to the topic than this mostly light-hearted entertainment film has to tell. But I can´t remember saying that the movie sums it all up. It is a story about the different aspects of love, and that is done rather well, I think.
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    Soundclips from the Incredible Hulk are available at amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/The-Incredible-Hu … amp;sr=1-6
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    What do people think?
  4. I feel empty when listening to it. It just sound slike a lot of by-the-numbers current Hollywood action scoring, nothing I need to own.

When Armstrong does somewhat big scores, there is, however, always one cue that's a keeper and that cue always contains chorus. I wonder which one that will be this time.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds 'empty' indeed. Very generic and thousand-heard. Hope the actual score is not like the clips are emitting.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    We're doomed. Where are the cool super hero movie scores?
    I hope Hellboy does it again. this year.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Elfman? Not too sure.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Elfman? Not too sure.

Elfman will do Elfman. I'll be gobsmacked if he churns out something I'll want to buy!?

I keep an open mind but I won't hold my breath.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Elfman? Not too sure.

Elfman will do Elfman. I'll be gobsmacked if he churns out something I'll want to buy!?

Elfman has had a big mouth before about composers who should stick to the themes of a franchise, and how Goldenthal went wrong in not using his themes. If he's an honest dude, he uses Marco Beltrami's themes. And that, I'd like to hear.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Elfman? Not too sure.

Elfman has had a big mouth before about composers who should stick to the themes of a franchise, and how Goldenthal went wrong in not using his themes. If he's an honest dude, he uses Marco Beltrami's themes. And that, I'd like to hear.

Hmmm? Well, as has been pointed out earlier, he may not be allowed to use them? We shall see( hear ).
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Sounds like a bit of the old ''trademark Armstrong'' and a different Armstrong. This was also evident in The Golden Age, which took me a bit longer to appreciate fully.
  5. I am also taking a while to appreciate THE GOLDEN AGE. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. Timmer wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Elfman? Not too sure.

Hmmm? Well, as has been pointed out earlier, he may not be allowed to use them? We shall see( hear ).

I think I read over on the FSM messageboard that the director didn't want to use any of Beltrami's themes in Hellboy 2?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. From listening to those clips there seems to be a lot of moody stuff going on - and the clip for "Hulk Theme"? Sounds like they've got the clips playing backwards!

But some of the action stuff sounds as though it could be quite good - cues such as "Favela Escape" & "Give Him Everything You've Got" are cues I'm looking forward to hearing in full.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    and the clip for "Hulk Theme"? Sounds like they've got the clips playing backwards!

Haha, it does. Just ran it through Audacity though, and it sounds even worse played in reverse.

I've never been much of a fan of Armstrong, his stuff has always seemed too over the top for me. His recent score to Elizabeth is a glaring example. I'm still kind of looking forward to this score, but I'm definitely not getting any hopes up.