• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    Someone once put forward the idea of remaking badly made films with good ideas.

Now there's a thought?

Examples, please smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Personally I couldn't give you one!?

'Someone' once did a post on this and gave examples but I honestly can't remember what?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    I'm looking forward to it, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    Craig Armstrong will be visiting my university on Wednesday evening to give a talk as part of The Director's Cut Season, an annual series of discussions staged at the University of Aberdeen's Kings College campus with well-known and innovative international filmmakers and broadcasters.

I've just booked my ticket!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2009
    That sounds good! Don't forget to report here on the event!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    Well, it was a really quite an enjoyable hour and a half. Although I'm not really that familiar with Craig Armstrong 'the musician', I I rather liked Craig Armstrong 'the man'. He's clearly a very busy guy, with film work, theatre, opera and bands filling his calendar, but he comes across as really laid back and quite the family man. I won't say any more because the discussion will be posted online as a podcast soon, which I'll provide a link to when it arrives.

smile
  3. http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4323

Doesn't say "CD", and a few of the scores on that site have been released as Amazon "On Demand" CD-Rs.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    ''Craig Armstrong is no longer working on providing an original score for Clash of the Titians. Ramin Djawad along with Neil Davidge are now on scoring duties.''

http://www.craigarmstrongonline.com/news_2010.htm

It happened before on several action films... Anyways, I seriously think he should score more interesting pictures. Imdb lists him for the upcoming new Peter Mullan film. That''ll be a great treat!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sad
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can only imagine Elliot Goldenthal on a score like this. slant wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sadly, the industry can only imagine Djawadi instead.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sadly, the industry has never had much imagination concerning composers.
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    Joep wrote
    ''Craig Armstrong is no longer working on providing an original score for Clash of the Titians. Ramin Djawad along with Neil Davidge are now on scoring duties.''

WTF?!? Ramin Who? Neil What?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Sadly, the industry has never had much imagination concerning composers.

A very gentle way to describe "maximum stupidity".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Joep wrote

Oh come on! FFS!
    Kazoo
  4. Neil Davidge is a friend Armstrong, and a part of Massive Attack. The two were going to work together back when Armstrong was going to score (but didn't), "V For Vendetta". I recall that they've worked together before.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Joep wrote

http://www.craigarmstrongonline.com/news_2010.htm

It happened before on several action films... Anyways, I seriously think he should score more interesting pictures. Imdb lists him for the upcoming new Peter Mullan film. That''ll be a great treat!

I hope we'll see the rejected score back after this, because this is beginning to sound insane
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Wait, didn't we know that he was replaced a few days ago, or was this just announced? I can swear I already knew about this.
  6. Yeah, it was in the Djawadi thread. Someone else broke it, I got more details.
  7. Is it all on your website right now?
  8. Yeah, under the "Supposedly" section, since I haven't been able to confirm any of it was recorded, as of yet.
  9. justin boggan wrote
    Yeah, under the "Supposedly" section, since I haven't been able to confirm any of it was recorded, as of yet.

And now I do: score was recorded. How much of it, I don't know. I also got some ... well, descriptions on what it sounded like. If you're thinking Rosenthal, you're thinking incorrectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    FOR THE RECORD: CRAIG ARMSTRONG (CD)

1. O Verona – William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet
    2. Ascencion - Moulin Rouge!
    3. Glasgow Love Theme - Love Actually
    4. Cello Theme – World Trade Center
    5. One Day I'll fly away - Moulin Rouge!
    6. New York City - The Bone Collector
    7. Main Theme - The Quiet American
    8. Main Theme – Orphans
    9. Do you still miss him - The Quiet American
    10. Rebecca - Plunkett & MacLeane
    11. Lisa's Theme - Best Laid Plans
    12. Balcony Scene – Romeo + Juliet
    13. Ethereal – World Trade Center
    14. Restaurant Proposal - Love actually
    15. Piano Theme – World Trade Center
    16. Main Theme - The Clearing
    17. Ray & Della's Theme - Ray
    18. The Hanging - Plunkett & MacLeane
    19. Choral Theme – World Trade Center

sound clips and more at:
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … ARMSTRONG/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Not a cd that is really worth it, mostly rerecordings of his cd Film Works. Nice to hear a bit other interpretations, but the other two cd's (Danna & Badalamenti) are much better.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This is from the festival as well i gather? the Ghent one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yup. That was 2006 even I think. I have it as well, but wouldn't recommend it. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ookay! thanks smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Yup. That was 2006 even I think. I have it as well, but wouldn't recommend it. smile

What if you don't have any Armstrong in your collection? The only thing I have are a few tracks on the VARESE 30TH 3CD-set.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, too bad i guess wink He's not really much of a great composer lately, but the scores listed in the above compilation are worth listening, except for The Clearing, best laid plans, Orphans which aren't anything special at all. If i were to recommend just 2 scores i'd go with Plunkett and MacLeane (whatever the spelling is) and Moulin Rouge.