• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2011
    I think that's nearly always a good sign Tom. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    smile smile smile You're right
    listen to more classical music!
  1. a true magician he truly is
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He is certainly better than most modern day composers
  2. you're absolutely right
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I received a download of The Great Miracle the other day and while this is my first listen to it I like it.
    Tom

Best score of the year... by a mile!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Just waiting to get a CD of it. I guess I'm too picky about the download. But I really like the work. A+
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh brother.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011
    If you listened on my Marantz and high end Grado phones you would understand. If I listen on an MP3 player and decent earbuds the sound is fine.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011 edited
    He is completely right I must say.

I'd be happier if all music was 24 bit 48khz like the Lord of the Rings box set DVDs...

...which after much effort I finally managed to extract at full quality onto my hard drive so I can listen whenever I want without having to deal with those infernal boxes.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2011
    Again, it takes super hearing to tell the difference between 320k MP3 and lossless!

The download McKenzie suppllied us is just fine!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Again, it takes super hearing to tell the difference between 320k MP3 and lossless!

Flogging a dead horse, Erik.
    I guess there may theoretically be three or four people in the world with a rare mutation that allows them to transcend the physical human aural frequency and audio interference range. Let's leave those many, many audio afficionados who have convinced themselves they can actually hear the difference to the supposition they're one of those four anomalies.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I hope that it is not too dreary a day in San Diego today...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I cannot tell the difference between 320k and CD most of the time, but those download store downloads are never 320k. Besides, when your headphone system costs almost $1000, you want to put the best you can through it...just like you probably wouldn't want to put 87 fuel in your Ferrari even if you never went above 40mph in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Flogging a dead horse, Erik.
    I guess there may theoretically be three or four people in the world with a rare mutation that allows them to transcend the physical human aural frequency and audio interference range. Let's leave those many, many audio afficionados who have convinced themselves they can actually hear the difference to the supposition they're one of those four anomalies.

Indeed! Every time I write what I did above I wonder how many times I've typed out the exact same words in this forum in the past.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2011
    And everyone has 20:20 vision and an IQ of 120, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2011
    How many people do YOU know that can see in the infrared spectrum or can calculate the trajectories of meteorites by heart, Scribe? smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2011
    BUYSOUNDTRAX Records presents the original soundtrack to THE GREATEST MIRACLE, also known as EL GRAN MILAGRO, featuring music composed by Mark McKenzie (THE ULTIMATE GIFT, BLIZZARD, DRAGONHEART: A NEW BEGINNING) for the 2011 3D animated film produced by Dos Corazones Films, directed by Bruce Morris (HERCULES, POCAHONTAS, FINDING NEMO) and written by Luis De Velasco.

THE GREATEST MIRACLE is an animated film that tells the story of three characters who are facing different struggles in their life and how they find solace, love, hope and redemption through a series of mysterious encounters that take place during a beautiful Cathedral morning Mass.

The music for THE GREATEST MIRACLE was composed for large symphony orchestra and choir and mixed on the famed 20th Century Fox Newman Scoring Stage in Hollywood. The orchestra and choir material is supplemented by pre-recorded piano, pipe organ, celesta and various percussion tracks. All of this is augmented with a large choral contingent, including a 32-voice mixed choir, 24-voice women’s choir and the acclaimed 17-boy soprano ensemble Libera. The final result is a rich, harmonically colorful composition that radiates a palpable emotional depth.

The positive elements expressed within the film immediately appealed to composer Mark McKenzie and his own personal religious faith, which resulted in composing heartfelt music of sublime passion and beauty that is captivating regardless of the listener’s persuasion. Like the finest film scores, his music for THE GREATEST MIRACLE transcends its visual counterpart to exemplify the shared need for meaning and acceptance that lies within each of us. Mark McKenzie’s gift for melody, color and harmonic sensitivity as well as the profound emotional and spiritual elements in his writing made him the perfect choice to compose the music for THE GREATEST MIRACLE.

Mark McKenzie received his Masters and Doctorate in Music Composition from USC after studying with composers Pierre Boulez, Witold Lutoslawski and Morten Lauridsen. During his formal training, Mark was recognized with the prestigious Hans J. Salter Composition Award, The Norman Cousins Award and ultimately was honored as the USC Outstanding Doctoral Music Graduate. After briefly teaching at USC, he turned his interest towards film and began composing and orchestrating on a wide variety of scores.

As an orchestrator, McKenzie has worked with composers such as John Barry, Bruce Broughton, Danny Elfman, Mark Isham, Jerry Goldsmith, John Powell, Marc Shaiman, Alan Silvestri and John Williams, helping to flesh out their musical ideas into performances for full orchestras. As a composer, Mark has scored feature films such as SON OF DARKNESS: TO DIE FOR II, WARLOCK: THE ARMAGEDDON, FRANK & JESSE, DR. JEKYLL AND MS. HYDE, THE DISAPPEARANCE OF GARCIA LORCA, DOWN PERISCOPE, MI FAMILIA, DRAGONHEART: A NEW BEGINNING, THE ULTIMATE GIFT, BLIZZARD, THE LAST SIN EATER and SAVING SARAH CAIN, television films such as DURANGO, THE LOST CHILD, SILVER BELLS, IN FROM THE NIGHT and an episode of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE from the second season.

Previously released digitally on iTunes, BUYSOUNDTRAX Records now presents the original motion picture soundtrack to THE GREATEST MIRACLE for the first time on compact disc, which includes additional music exclusive to this release. The booklet features notes by author Randall Larson, including an afterword by the composer and the music has been newly mastered for the highest fidelity by James Nelson of Digital Outland.

The first 100 copies purchased through our website will be autographed by the composer.

Order the soundtrack to DUMBSTRUCK and get THE GREATEST MIRACLE soundtrack at special sale price of $12.95 (reg. $15.95).

You will be asked at checkout if you wish to purchase
    THE GREATEST MIRACLE at the sale price.

Offer Good thru Oct 10, 2011.

BSXCD 8894

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    The Greatest Miracle
    (El Gran Milagro)

Music by
    Mark McKenzie

$15.95

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/grmielgrmior.html

1. The Greatest Miracle Prelude (7:32)
    (Part of Suite played in Madrid during
    World Youth Days with Pope Benedict XVI visiting)
    2. Call of the Spirit (2:36)
    3. Entering The Cathedral (2:20)
    4. Angels, Demons and Prayer (5:32)
    5. Reclaiming Faith (3:12)
    6. Benedictus Deus (1:36)
    7. You’ll See (1:15)
    8. Offerings (2:25)
    9. Ask For What you Want (1:41)
    10. I Miss You (3:33)
    11. Ultimate Love (4:45)
    12. A Clean Soul (3:03)
    13. Go In Peace (4:03)
    14. That Beautiful Smile (2:34)
    15. Ascension / Gloria Patri (1:46)

BONUS TRACKS
    16. Pictures With Black Bow (1:47)
    17. Bus Accident (1:56)
    Total Time 52:20
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'd urge anyone who didn't buy the download to buy the CD. Fabulous music. A bit of extra music on this release, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's is easily the best score of the year! If you want to hear an extended suite from the score then click on the following link - http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=756

Highly recommended!

-Erik-
  4. There is frequently the carrot of "bonus tracks" to get people to "double dip".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I ain't dippin' but once.
    Glad I held out. smile
  5. Martijn wrote
    Glad I held out. smile

I assume though you didn't see it as "holding out" at the time.

It annoys me that record labels complain when people get their music from other sources, complaining that they are losing money to the pirating of their music. But they are quite okay about asking people to buy their music for a second time. I would assume that these bonus tracks will become available as separate iTunes downloads? No?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't think the record label can be blamed - as far as I know McKenzie released the thing himself on iTunes originally and after it got such a good reaction, BSX wanted to do a CD.

I agree with Erik that it's the best thing heard in 2011 so far.
  6. But it's a good business move to try and find extra tracks to entice those who have already bought the iTunes version (i.e., not BSX) to buy their version. Yes, it gives the people who like the music a chance to get even more, but at the end of the day it is a business and they want to sell as much as they can of a title that is already available.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Glad I held out. smile

I most certainly did!
    I will try and find the relevant post, but I think I even specifically stated I was waiting until the inevitable CD release!
  7. Martijn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Glad I held out. smile

I most certainly did!
    I will try and find the relevant post, but I think I even specifically stated I was waiting until the inevitable CD release!

No need. I believe you!
  8. Southall wrote
    I don't think the record label can be blamed - as far as I know McKenzie released the thing himself on iTunes originally and after it got such a good reaction, BSX wanted to do a CD.

I agree with Erik that it's the best thing heard in 2011 so far.

I too think it's the best thing I've heard in 2011 so far. I bought the download instantly. I might buy this CD, too, just for the extra material. Who am I kidding, I'll probably buy it tomorrow... McKenzie is a wonderful composer and proved with this release that he can still write music that's just as great as anything he's ever composed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's is easily the best score of the year! If you want to hear an extended suite from the score then click on the following link - http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=756

Highly recommended!

-Erik-

Agree.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. I'm so glad for Mark McKenzie, this score truly deserves a CD release. I'm definitely buying it. punk