• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I'm so glad for Mark McKenzie, this score truly deserves a CD release. I'm definitely buying it. punk

I just got a CD of this fine soundtrack. I know I'm going to get in trouble by saying this but I'm going to anyway. I've had and listened to the digital download for a time but the CD has a richer sound! Did you know that our Jon Broxton was quoted in the liner notes in regards to his analysis of the score and Greg Nestor helped Mark with the preparation of the music. Good job done by both. You can order through Jon's store on amazon or directly from BSX. I'm going to review this one.
    http://astore.amazon.com/momuuk-20/detail/B005YRBUK8
    http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2011
    this one so far is a bit slow going.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/t … emckenzie/

a very moving experience
  1. Great news! There is now an itunes / amazon mp3 release for Mark McKenzie's score to THE LOST CHILD! This little gem of a score was released by Intrada but sold out quickly and has been impossible to find for years. Jon Broxton has a very positive review of it over at www.moviemusicuk.us (or at least he used to - I know some of his reviews still haven't made the transition over to the new site yet). I have a suite of music from this film on McKenzie's compilation CON PASSIONE and it is absolutely lovely. This is wonderful for all of us that missed out on the CD release. Quite a bit of McKenzie's music has been released via itunes now, so if you've missed BLIZZARD or THE DISAPPEARANCE OF GARCIA LORCA you can also download those (both are excellent scores). Apparently DURANGO is going to be released digitally within the next month or so, as well. All of the scores I just mentioned are must-haves for anyone who likes anything McKenzie has done (and how can you not?).

I'm downloading THE LOST CHILD first thing in the morning. Good night, everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012
    What year was this released in originally?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  2. Southall wrote

That was not only before talkies, but before film. They called them "plays". If you gave a bad one and displeased King Despot IV, you were beheaded.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    want
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What? Beheading!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    olis
  3. Review of The Lost Child

enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. You know who else has enjoyed it? McKenzie, who's thanked you and linked to the site on the news page of his website.

So, eCeiling McKenzie is watching you review things. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
    justin boggan wrote
    You know who else has enjoyed it? McKenzie, who's thanksed you and linekd to the site on the news page of his website.

Nice!
  5. justin boggan wrote
    You know who else has enjoyed it? McKenzie, who's thanked you and linked to the site on the news page of his website.

I emailed him, you see ;-)
    but great to hear smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014
  6. Review of The Ultimate Life
  7. So here's something really cool. This artist discovered Mark McKenzie's film music last year and used it as inspiration for a series of paintings that he will be showing next month. He and McKenzie will be there together and they'll be displaying the paintings with McKenzie's music that inspired them. He's put together some youtube videos matching some of the images and music with suites that McKenzie provided specifically for this project. There are four of them linked on the blog page. Here's one.
  8. Mark McKenzie scored the direct to DVD DRAGONHEART 3: CURSE OF THE SOMETHING-OR-OTHER. It's already on Netflix, so I gave it a watch just to hear the score. I can't recommend the film (in which the Dragon is voiced by Ben Kingsley, interestingly), but the score sounded pretty good. It's hard to tell how something will fare on album by listening to it in the film. I can tell you that it had some more quickly paced music than most of McKenzie's output has had lately. It's go several big appearances of Edelman's theme for the first film, and I noticed one appearance of McKenzie's theme for the second film. There's a nice new theme here, too, though I didn't notice it until the end credits. The score is available on Feb 24 for download on itunes in the U.S., and hopefully elsewhere, too. His website says the album will available from Varese soon as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015
    Excellent news!!

...must be a crappy film if you don't even know what the curse is about after watching it...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  9. It was not good.
  10. My review of DRAGONHEART 3: THE SORCERER’S CURSE for anyone who's interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2015/03/22/drago … -mckenzie/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015
    Good words. I did find myself a bit disappointed by the sampled instruments and generally RC-lite feel to the proceedings (similar to how some Doyle scores have sounded in the Eragon - Rise of the Planet of the Apes era, although a case could be made that McKenzie manages to blend those conventions with his own signature style more organically). But I was absolutely blown away by the last track with its' multiple soaring renditions of the Edelman theme. I too wish that McKenzie would score more films. His music is always one of the most spiritually uplifting works I ever have the privilege to listen. Both The Last Sin Eater and The Great Miracle came to me at challenging times in my life and struck me like a little ray of divine sunshine peeking through the stormclouds, making them some of the most meaningful scores in my collection (pardon the literary hyperbole). I hope he will continue to write film music and do it more frequently for decades to come!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    if I'm not mistaken the last track is from Dragonheart 2.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The longest track in Dragonheart 2 is 4:53 but I suppose it could be a suite or something. Is it a real orchestra? I am too stupid to tell apparently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    christopher wrote
    So here's something really cool. This artist discovered Mark McKenzie's film music last year and used it as inspiration for a series of paintings that he will be showing next month. He and McKenzie will be there together and they'll be displaying the paintings with McKenzie's music that inspired them. He's put together some youtube videos matching some of the images and music with suites that McKenzie provided specifically for this project. There are four of them linked on the blog page. Here's one.

Kind of like what Moussorgsky did with "Pictures at an Exhibition?"
    Tom smile
  11. Review of Dragonheart 3: The Sorcerer's Curse
  12. I barely understood a word of that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2015
    English not your first language, Jon? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  13. Jon Broxton wrote
    I barely understood a word of that.

Strange, the composer seemed to understand it very well