• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormsia2k75
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    There's a new McKenzie score that has been released:

Saving Sarah Cain:

http://www.amazon.com/Saving-Sarah-Cain … amp;sr=1-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent news, looking forward to that! His "ultimate gift" was a big treat for me last year.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    Christodoulides wrote
    Excellent news, looking forward to that! His "ultimate gift" was a big treat for me last year.

Yeah, I liked it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    The latest from the composer of THE ULTIMATE GIFT,

SAVING SARAH CAIN

SOUND CLIPS

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=8515
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2008
    Thomas' Last Sin Eater review:
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/the-last-sin-eater/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    any word on any new projects for McKenzie? mark banning told me that mckenzie wasn't signing my "Saving Sarah Cain" CD because he was busy working on a project...what project?

mckenzie is absolutely my favorite discovery of the last year.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote

Count me in, truly gorgeous orchestral writing, can't get enough of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote

have you heard Blizzard?
  1. Scribe wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Scribe wrote

have you heard Blizzard?

Blizzard's great, I should review it someday, I have reviewed everything except that score, weird rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    Listening to the suite of Blizzard now, Great cd, I remember Erik sending me a email telling me to order this cd , no question , Order IT!!

sd smile

I did , and I love it!! Thanks Erik!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoy212
    Go to Mark's offical website www.markmckenzie.org/ . There you can hear downloadable tracks from many of his scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    moonie wrote
    Listening to the suite of Blizzard now, Great cd, I remember Erik sending me a email telling me to order this cd , no question , Order IT!!

sd smile

Demetris barks all day long for McKenzie too you know.....DUH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Demetris barks all day long for McKenzie

I hope he pays well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    moonie wrote

sd smile

You are more than welcome. I'm a huge fan of McKenzie's work and he is quite possibly the nicest film composer I know. A wonderful human being.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I read he worked on some "dsieny project" recently, but I can't find the name of the film (or show).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    He joined facebook recently and facebook emailed me to tell me that i should friend request him. So I did. and he was like...remind me how I know you. and i was like...you don't know me, i'm just a fan. it was rather amusing. smile
  3. It was time to introduce the people to a great composer, if you already haven't had ... the pleasure smile

- Blizzard
    - Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde
    - Dragonheart II: A New Beginning
    - Durango
    - Son of Darkness: To Die For II
    - The Ultimate Gift
    - Warlock II: The Armageddon

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010
    Nice reviews smile
  4. Mark McKenzie recently received top honors with a "Best of Show" Accolade Award. You might like the new i punk nterview about his work at
    http://www.accoladecompetition.org/Jud.aspx?art=_75 punk
  5. Sweet interview! Thanks for the link. I'm suprised he didn't mention Jake's Run. Isn't that supposed to be released this year? Is that one of the three films he is "looking forward to scoring?" That film's been on the schedule for so long now I was hoping it would be released sometime soon.

I was listening to a random playlist a couple days ago and the track "prayer changes everything" from McKenzie's Saving Sarah Cain came on. It was a powerful reminder of what a talent he has. It has been far too long since that score (his most recent) came out. Far. Too. Long.
  6. I copied out the parts for most of Mark's solo score ventures over the last 18 or so years and concur that he is a great individual. Just finished arranging the "James and Jesse" Suite for harmonica and guitar with his permission and scores - look for it as a download sometime in April...

GREGG NESTOR
    gmn002@aol.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    Do you mean "Frank and Jesse"? Or this a new score that we are not familiar with yet?
  7. Sorry I DID mean "Frank and Jesse". (Guess I had "Jesse James" on my mind.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010
    Are you doing a whole album based on McKenzie's work, or is this an isolated single?
  8. Are you doing a whole album based on McKenzie's work, or is this an isolated single?

No, an isolated single. Mark had created an orchestral "Suite" which was initially released on the soundtrack CD (I think it is the 1st track). He combined three separate cues into one Suite of approx. 5 and 1/2 minutes that he thought would work well in a harmonica and guitar context, and I have made the arrangement based on his guidance, with access to the original full orchestral scores.

I planned to record it sooner this Month but harmonica virtuoso Tommy Morgan is involved in a weeks recording of "Toy Story 3" at the moment, so it will have to wait. Hope you find the results enjoyable!

GREGG NESTOR
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010
    Sounds good, I am not familiar with this particular score but I plan to obtain it eventually, I am a big McKenzie fan! smile
  9. for the people who don't know how bloody good Mark's music is, check the reviews of Dr Jekyll & Ms Hyde and Warlock II, there are now a couple of sound clips for your listening pleasure

Mark was so gentle to give me the go to post them
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    Listen to his scores. He's full of grace and melody, his music is very charming and deeply impressive.
  10. Christodoulides wrote
    Listen to his scores. He's full of grace and melody, his music is very charming and deeply impressive.

indeed, but above all, listen to the clips as well wink
  11. For immediate press release...

New McKenzie Symphonic / Choral work to Premiere at Crystal Cathedral this Easter:

Mark McKenzie's newly composed work for chorus, symphony orchestra, pipe organ and carillon will be premiered on Easter Sunday, April 4th, 2010 at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA. McKenzie was asked to compose something new and special for the Cathedral by producer Gretchen Schuller Penner last July. Performances are at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 AM. The work will air worldwide on Easter Sunday 2011 via television and the web.

With a Masters and Doctorate in Music Composition from the USC Thornton School of Music, Mark McKenzie has composed 16 features films and orchestrated over 100. Directors speak of Mark's incredibly stirring scores with words such as: "timeless," "epic," and "intensely human." The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Variety, and numerous film music journals mention Mark's gift for themes describing his music as: "soul-stirring, majestic, full of celebration, power, and deep emotion." Actor / director LeVar Burton said "Working with Mark was truly a highlight and one of the best experiences of my career." Legendary, Academy Award Winning composer Jerry Goldsmith chose Mark to compose for him with credit when time constraints dictated.

A member of the prestigious Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, fifteen of Mark's original scores are commercially available through Warner Bros Word Records, Varese Sarabande, Intrada, itunes, and amazon. Three of his seventeen original film scores (BLIZZARD, DURANGO, and DR. JEKYLL and MS. HYDE) were chosen to underscore the ACADEMY AWARDS "Diamond Tribute to the Best 75 films of all time," and several other special Oscar segments.

Mark's brilliant orchestrations are available on over 70 soundtracks, include the Academy Award winning, multi platinum DANCES WITH WOLVES, Academy nominated MEN IN BLACK, GOODWILL HUNTING, THE PATRIOT, blockbusters such as SPIDERMAN, MR. & MRS. SMITH, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, ICE AGE, THE MUMMY RETURNS and classics like NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS, LILO AND STITCH, SISTER ACT and SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE, For More infomration please visit: www.markmckenzie.org