• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2016
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck sake. I wish we had warning when the next page would be created.
  1. Williams' music for THE FORCE AWAKENS is a warm bubble bath for my soul.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    LOVED the movie... LOVED... let me rephrase... STILL love the score. IMO, it's one of the THE best scores written in the past 15 years. <-- My opinion... so argue about that all you want! I think it's absolutely brilliant music!

-Erik-

I agree, and I have to say I (for various reasons) really feared the score couldn't possibly live up to the hype and expectation. Williams's health issues, the elongated recording process, someone else conducting it, the fact he's so old which I thought meant he'd never write such energetic music. So glad I was proven 100% wrong. What a score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2016
    Steven wrote

Or a, cough, quote function ? wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    LOVED the movie... LOVED... let me rephrase... STILL love the score. IMO, it's one of the THE best scores written in the past 15 years. <-- My opinion... so argue about that all you want! I think it's absolutely brilliant music!

-Erik-

I'm sure I could argue your opinion Erik but it won't change it.

Good on yer mate hug
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I'm with you on the score, though. It's good.which is fine. But no more. (Compared to the Holy Trilogy, of course. Not recent blockbuster efforts by others.)

My thoughts too. ( the original trilogy of scores would be awesome in any decade )

The Force Awakens is a big step up from the prequels though I still consider The Phantom Menace in 4th place score wise.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. The phrasing "Holy Trilogy" in itself is revealing. Nothing will ever be able to live up to nostalgia. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, because you will need to take everything I say with the utmost seriousness, and read it as unassailable gospel.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Of course I do. wink
  4. Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Walking Dead "Season 5"

Not as strong as the the first 4, but the final 3 episodes made up for that. Even though it had to put me through some less interesting episodes in the middle, I now understand why they had to do it. To form the basis that the final episodes exploded upon. It gives me again the excitement to look forward to Season 6 smile

Lot's of great stuff in season 6. Personally, I like the fact that you can have a series of episodes less focussed on the zombie threat, and more on just talking and "living" in the world they're living in.

normally I'm all for less action based episodes too, but somehow I was missing the suspense. What The Walking Dead does amazingly well is create suspense even though they are locked up tight and safe. Somehow I was missing that feeling. But again, I understand now why they had to do it and that finale of 3 episodes was amazing.

Looking forward to season 6, don't know what to expect
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Steven wrote

Or a, cough, quote function ? wink

Shut up! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    The phrasing "Holy Trilogy" in itself is revealing. Nothing will ever be able to live up to nostalgia. smile

Very true. The third film isn't even that good (and I would argue, and will in fact, that the first Star Wars isn't exactly a masterpiece either). The Force Awakens is a much better film than Jedi, but Jedi has the virtue of having the original characters and their stories culminate.
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    The Walking Dead "Season 5"

Not as strong as the the first 4, but the final 3 episodes made up for that. Even though it had to put me through some less interesting episodes in the middle, I now understand why they had to do it. To form the basis that the final episodes exploded upon. It gives me again the excitement to look forward to Season 6 smile

Lot's of great stuff in season 6. Personally, I like the fact that you can have a series of episodes less focussed on the zombie threat, and more on just talking and "living" in the world they're living in.

normally I'm all for less action based episodes too, but somehow I was missing the suspense. What The Walking Dead does amazingly well is create suspense even though they are locked up tight and safe. Somehow I was missing that feeling. But again, I understand now why they had to do it and that finale of 3 episodes was amazing.

Looking forward to season 6, don't know what to expect

The final half of S5 worked superbly for me... because the gang was going to this ultra-safe place, but it was too safe so the 'citizens' were getting used to their safe lives, and bringing in Rick's gang meant their downfall. They brought the danger to themselves, because they were too naive and oblivious to the outside threat. It gave some new sort of conflict we hadn't seen before. In a sense Rick and his group were the bad guys.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    The phrasing "Holy Trilogy" in itself is revealing. Nothing will ever be able to live up to nostalgia. smile

Very true. The third film isn't even that good (and I would argue, and will in fact, that the first Star Wars isn't exactly a masterpiece either). The Force Awakens is a much better film than Jedi, but Jedi has the virtue of having the original characters and their stories culminate.

At least there's no wooden acting and green screens in Jedi. It's my favorite one of the saga. Because it brings humor, heart, emotion and a truly satisfying ending.

And admit it... the Ewoks are cute ! I love the little buggers !! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Steven wrote
    Captain Future wrote

At least there's no wooden acting and green screens in Jedi.

The forest of Endor is wooden and green.

Leaves in a hurry ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I approve.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2016 edited
    Oh my... shocked

http://metv.com/lists/15-fascinating-fa … -the-1970s

I've seen two of these, Doctor Strange and Exoman. The Star Wars comedy I could only handle a few minutes of. I like the Elmer Bernstein theme for Men of The Dragon which I've never heard before.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Oh my... shocked

http://metv.com/lists/15-fascinating-fa … -the-1970s

I've seen two of these, Doctor Strange and Exoman. The Star Wars comedy I could only handle a few minutes of. I like the Elmer Bernstein theme for Men of The Dragon which I've never heard before.

"Men of the Dragon" was one of my Mystery Score Clips entries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5lE77xn1w
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016
    Hoping it's just "trailer" music.

https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2016/04/07 … l-trailer/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016
    The whole 'play the original theme but just the melody on a piano' trend is a load of bollocks. Which film started it? Jurassic World? Earlier than that?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016 edited
    If I knew that it wouldn't be happening, if I could time travel and stop that decision maker being born.
  9. Timmer wrote
    If I knew that it wouldn't be happening, if I could time travel and stop that decision maker being born.

I'm reminded of this comedy routine from one of my favorite comedians, Brian Posehn:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW0PD_SnYGM (6:45 in)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. Watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the second time today. And I enjoyed it much more this time than I did last time.

Seeing it again didn't really change my opinion on the score though. Still a middle order Star Wars score for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2016
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Seeing it again didn't really change my opinion on the score though. Still a middle order Star Wars score for me.

Exactly! Not better than the OT scores but equal or slightly better than the prequel scores. Pretty much the way most sane people rank them. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  11. Terminator: Genisys (2015)

I felt well entertained for the two hours it took and there is little more to demand from such a film. That not withstanding having seen now the fourth version of this film seems to be about enough. I realised that I liked SALVATION for being different, for telling another story (if rather poorly). But all right, it was nice seeing Arny revisit that character.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2016
    The film has received LOTS of flack, even from my colleagues. Personally, I'm far more positive. In fact, I think every single installment of the TERMINATOR franchise (including the Sarah Connor series) has been good in some way.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeeeaaaah, right uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yup. Nothing on the same level as Cameron's first two, of course, but all have various qualities.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2016
    I enjoyed watching the Danish show Follow the Money, though it was somewhat implausible. It is probably the first tv series featuring a hitman who looks like John Williams.