• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2017
    I'm actually in that video (sitting a couple of rows behind Horner). Still haven't bought the BluRay, though. It's a definite must-have for me.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I'll wait for the shorter Director's Cut that has you cropped out for a special viewing order
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Thor wrote
    I'm actually in that video (sitting a couple of rows behind Horner). Still haven't bought the BluRay, though. It's a definite must-have for me.

I still haven't noticed you sitting there.

And the camera crew sure likes to pan away to show every inch of the exquisite hall. At one point there's about 10 seconds of the ceiling being shown. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE

Beautiful film, I really enjoyed it. Anyone seen Yumeji, the Japanese film where the track Yumeji's Theme is originally from? I'm curious if there is a specific reason that particular track was used, other than because it sounds wonderful.
  4. I'm into season three of "White Collar" now. The first two seasons were nearly excellent. They move jsut a little too fast and don't have as much character depth as I think they need to really cement them, but I guess it all works enough.

But that Goddamn fucking scoring is seriously pissing me off. I've never had a TV show I had to mute during score cues. And I don't think anybody wants to hear the angry color metaphores I utter each time.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited
    12 YEARS A SLAVE

Superb film with great performances, uncompromising and thankfully lacking Hollywood mushy sentimentality.

I didn't care for Zimmer's self plagiarising score which at times was badly spotted and intrusive.
    thor 2? fuck thor! ~ Thor
  5. Dreadful score, one of Zimmer's absolute worst as far as I'm concerned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTime5 days ago
    I agree. Kinda grating score. I'm also not particularly thrilled with the movie.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Beauty and the Beast (2017)

I liked it a lot. Beautifully shot and wonderfully sung, it's a faithful adaptation of the 90's animation. I liked the new monster song very much (also the scene it was written for) all the while the CGI didn't bother me at all (much like The Jungle Book). What bothered me always in the animation was the transition of the love and understanding between Belle and the Beast. It was overtly rushed. Here it's much more fluent and longer, making the feeling a lot more normal. That and the fact the voice actors do give a lot of heart to their CGI characters. Completely unoriginal if you mind that sort of faithful adaptation, but a very nice film nonetheless. Well done!

8 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Beautifully shot and wonderfully sung

As my dear president would say - WRONG! wink
  8. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

My president would venture into an elaborate discussion about the state of cinematic entertainment and how it relates to the refugee crisis. wink

Volker
    Rüm Hart - Klaar Kiming
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTime3 days ago
  9. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Perhaps I experienced it differently, as I read everywhere the actors sung terribly. So perhaps I was pleasantly surprised about the quality of it after hearing it myself.

Of course I know it could have been better. But that happens when you hire star actors, not star singers. Considering what they had to do, I say they did more than good.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh