• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2018
    Mission Impossible - Fallout

This movie is spectacular. Like the best action movies, it’s energy can’t really be communicated in a few paragraphs. Go watch it.
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2018 edited
    Thor wrote
    I'm always up for discovering more vintage British comedy. Is it on Netflix?

No idea? It's considered a classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuts_in_May
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2018 edited
    I carelessly glanced at the two preceding posts and saw this...

Aidabaida wrote
    Mission Impossible - Fallout

This movie is spectacular. Like the best action movies, it’s energy can’t really be communicated in a few paragraphs. Go watch it.

Timmer wrote
    No idea? It's considered a classic.

... and for a moment I contemplated falling to my knees and praying for a nuclear holocaust.
  1. 1864

A Danish miniseries (with German partners co-producing), depicting the Danish-German war that decided the fate of the province of Schleswig. A solid tale, rather lavishly produced. The score by Marco Beltrami is equally solid but nothing special. I wonder, why no Danish composer was chosen, since the historic events are of great significance for the Danish national identity.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTime7 days ago
    Captain Future wrote

A Danish miniseries (with German partners co-producing), depicting the Danish-German war that decided the fate of the province of Schleswig. A solid tale, rather lavishly produced. The score by Marco Beltrami is equally solid but nothing special. I wonder, why no Danish composer was chosen, since the historic events are of great significance for the Danish national identity.

Volker

Because Ole Bornedal directed, and he has a longstanding relationship to Beltrami.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTime3 days ago
    Gladiator

first time seeing this movie! very good, but it seemed at time to me cliched, and I cannot help but wonder if this is because it is indeed cliche, or because it was so influential I mistake it for a copy when it was in fact the original thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTime3 days ago
    Aidabaida wrote
    Gladiator

first time seeing this movie! very good, but it seemed at time to me cliched, and I cannot help but wonder if this is because it is indeed cliche, or because it was so influential I mistake it for a copy when it was in fact the original thing.

The latter, I think. It was a very powerful film when it came, and I still hold it as a contemporary masterpiece.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited
    Isle of Dogs

first wes anderson movie that's disappointed me! this one felt so lifeless and inert.