• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Lot of anger in this thread today about all manner of things. Rage against the machine guys. kiss
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013 edited
    To be honest it was complete crap. Erik's anger is warranted.

And to think - it made enough money that they're going to make a sequel! Why?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    If anyone were to say they thought Now You See Me is a 'clever' film with lots of surprising twists, that person is a retard. That, also, is a fact. An awful film indeed.

My son thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, he specifically asked for it on DVD for Christmas!

Clearly he hasn't reached the age of being a miserable old fart who criticises films. Give him time, be patient.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Rage against the machine guys. kiss

punk punk punk
  2. Party like it's the best year in film scores since 1995. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What an excellent film NOW YOU SEE ME is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    To be fair, it's very clever and has lots of surprising twists.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wouldn't know I haven't seen it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's very good!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It is? I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bloomin' 'eck!!
    The History Channel just broadcasted The Great Martian War, a documentary about the world's valiant united martial efforts against the invading Martians.
    ...AND I MISSED IT!

cry

kill alien
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    eh? EH????
  3. It is repeated again tonight at 7pm (or an hour later on +1).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    fireworks fireworks
    punk punk punk

Once again His Majesty's most valiant troops will be Albion's grand hope against the hated invader!

I'm setting three recorders!

EDIT: no, I ain't.
    No repeats over here in the Netherlands.... (not counting ENDLESS reruns of 'Pawn Stars' and 'Storage Wars'.)

cry to the power of wall
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Is there something in place of it? It may be repeated at another time this week?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope. Just today at noon (Monday. At noon. What the F*CK, History Channel??? crazy ), and no other mention for at least the coming two weeks.
    I'm thoroughly annoyed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Booooooooo! tongue slant
  5. "Midnight Offerings" (1981)

Vivian is a high school girl living with mother and father in a low-income life. She has looks, a cheerleading squad, and dark powers.

Vivan wants to be rich. She wants her old boyfriend back. She wants the new girl to leave her boyfrind alone. And she's not above murder to get what she wants. And she's a real conceded bitch, also raging with hormoes.

This dark TV movie (Stephen J. Cannell Productions) is slow-paced, a little wobbly in the writing and acting department, but certainly has its moments. As it goes on, it speeds up some. I'd give it five stars, out of ten.

The orchestral score by Walter Schraf isn't anything special, though like the film it has its moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wndTe0jQXo
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I just watched Roman Polanski's BITTER MOON for the first time. What a great film -- and gloriously beautiful score by Vangelis.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013 edited
    punk YES FUCKING PLEASE! YES. FUCKING. PLEASE!!!!!! punk

...and what bloody refreshing trailer music! Very Ligeti like.
  6. If that isn't Ligeti, I look forward to a lawsuit from the Estate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013
    Who's scoring that? Jablo?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I couldn't care less if it was composed by celesta and pillow by Philip Glass.
    IT'S GODZILLA! THE REAL ONE!!!

:dragon: #SmaugGoHome
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Who's scoring that? Jablo?

Last I heard was Desplat will be scoring it. (So yes, it will go to Jablonsky.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    D...D..D...Desplat? shocked
    I was wrong.
    I do care.
    cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Desplat!!! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, I did like his Golden Compass score.
    So maybe it'll work out.
    Maybe.

cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've heard he'll be scoring it with a celeste and a soft pillow.