• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    It has a giant, GIANT Mosasaur.

It's too big for a mosasaurus (not that details like that bother me wink ), but judging by the teeth you're right: it's a mosasaur type. Not a liopleurodon. (Sadly. I LOVE those monsters!)

EDIT: I think it may actually be an (artist's rendition) of a kronosaur , which would make sense: these could grow as large as Megalodon.

And as Kronosaur is a pliosaurus, as is Liopleurodon, I WIN!
    bhangra

Ahem.
    Anyway.
    shame

it's a MOSASAUR uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    But I question the need for there to be a genetically engineered new dinosaur when they seem to have a lot of "natural" types. Are these natural dinosaurs just not enough for the park?

I'm with you and Martijn on that. rolleyes slant

Just in case you missed it, they inadvertently already did the genetically modified super predator in JP III

Hence this little cartoon of Spinosaurus I posted that you may or may not have missed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I saw it. biggrin

(PLIOSAUR kill)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nobody remembers anything about Jurassic Park III. Scholars seem to agree Sam Neill returned to star in it, but... nobody can really remember.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    (PLIOSAUR kill)

explode

We shall see....

cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Nobody remembers anything about Jurassic Park III. Scholars seem to agree Sam Neill returned to star in it, but... nobody can really remember.

No Dinosaur fan forgets JP III. No Dinosaur fan forgives the dethroning of the Tyrant King.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I just wrote an article on the trailer here:

http://montages.no/nyheter/forste-trail … ld-er-ute/

But it's in Norwegian, so it won't help you much.

Short version:

I'm a complete JURASSIC PARK franchise fanboy (I've seen the first film maybe 40 times), so I've been starving for another film for 13 friggin' years now! Curiously, I have hardly any interest in dinosaurs at all (unlike Timmer, Martijn etc.). For me, these films are ALL about atmosphere and action setpieces.

So to the trailer -- first half was disappointing. Rather generic, kitchy and silly, to be honest. But then from the moment Spielberg's name flashes across the screen, things get promising. Back to the lighting and atmosphere of the first films (with some OBVIOUS 'hommage' shots).

I think the film will be good, especially from the second act onwards. And even if it isn't, it at least satisfies my intense hunger for more JP.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Steven wrote

Don Davis.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Are you joking?
    LOVE that film! (Aside from the abominable scene where T-Rex decides to take a little nap. No, he wasn't beaten. By Spinosaur? HA! It is to laugh! ).
    Biiiilyuns and biiiilyuns of dinosaurs! love

(Yeah, my critical filter pretty much goes to a level of 'off' that approaches 'non-existent' where dinosaurs are concerned. It had none of the awe of the Spielberg-directed ones (I happened to catch The Lost World on TV two days ago, and the Tyrannosaur in San Diego scenes are EVERY bit as awesome as Godzilla in San Francisco), sure, but I did absolutely enjoy that film as a popcorn rollercoaster ride.
    And Davis' score is just fantastic fun!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    JURASSIC PARK III is great. My only qualm is that I wish it was 30 minutes longer.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    But Thor, without the Dinosaurs there is no Jurassic Park. Without the Dinosaurs the book, Mosquito Frog Blood Genetic Freak Park, perhaps? Would have remained a book nobody wanted to read or film*

*Except maybe Roger Corman wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Personally, I don't care about the creatures. They could be anything, for all I care. That's not why I adore these films to death. That being said, I do have a slight fascination for dinosaurs.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So...you're a Jurassic Park fanboy, but you don't care that it's about dinosaurs, but you also have a slight facination with them? Have you considered getting a brain scan to check for possible callosal disconnection syndrome?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he....yeah, I've gone into detail before about why I love these films so much, and none of those reasons have anything to do with dinosaurs.

As for the 'slight' fascination, I think you'd be hardpressed to find anyone who isn't at least marginally interested in these ancient creatures that roamed our earth. Evolution is interesting. But I'm far from a 'dino fanboy' like some of the members here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Or indeed Callosaurus Displodocus syndrome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Exploding cabbage syndrome?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    But I'm far from a 'dino fanboy' like some of the members here.

I do not, I repeat NOT, have any of these on order.
  2. Thor wrote
    JURASSIC PARK III is great. My only qualm is that I wish it was 30 minutes longer.

"I've spent enough time in the company of death."

That line alone. Great film.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

...except that is from Jurassic Park II. smile
  3. Martijn wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote
    JURASSIC PARK II is great.

...except that is from Jurassic Park II. smile

Indeed! wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hm.
  4. Lotta Jurassic Park III apologists around here...It's an OK film (and, oddly, one of my earliest cinema memories) but it just feels "cheaper" than the other two somehow. I can't really put my finger on why, because I don't think the budget was necessarily smaller or the CGI inferior (maybe that's just it, though...the CGI isn't any better than a film from 1993, and as Martijn said, is completely lacking the awe factor Spielberg brought to the table). It's a forgettable movie that happens to have some cool dinosaur scenes in it. I'd definitely take The Lost World over it, warts and all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    It's a forgettable movie that happens to have some cool dinosaur scenes in it. I'd definitely take The Lost World over it, warts and all.

No argument from me. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

Actually, i like the A&A edit of the film. Most films rarely hold up in complete and chronological form.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha! I knew that joke was coming.

The most common argument, however, when I say I wish it was longer is that it's supposed to be 'short and sweet' like some of those old B movies that aired in front of the headline film.

Well, I don't necessarily agree with that. There's so much great potential in atmosphere and action here that it ends just after it has settled. It feels sudden and unrewarding.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm assuming that the annoying kid is going to be one of the early casualties in the film.

Not a chance. This is a Jurassic Park film! That kid is going to get loads of screen time, understand computers better than all the computer technicians on the island, get electrified but not die, do gymnastics to kick raptors out of windows, and get lost on the island and end up becoming more knowledgeable about surviving the dinosaurs than everyone else. Oh, and not get eaten. That never happens to kids in Jurassic Park. Only lawyers get eaten. And poachers. And other bad guys. And Samuel L. Jackson.
  6. christopher wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm assuming that the annoying kid is going to be one of the early casualties in the film.

Not a chance. This is a Jurassic Park film! That kid is going to get loads of screen time, understand computers better than all the computer technicians on the island, get electrified but not die, do gymnastics to kick raptors out of windows, and get lost on the island and end up becoming more knowledgeable about surviving the dinosaurs than everyone else. Oh, and not get eaten. That never happens to kids in Jurassic Park. Only lawyers get eaten. And poachers. And other bad guys. And Samuel L. Jackson.

Did I say "assuming"? I meant "hoping". rolleyes

But, yes, you're probably right.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote

Hopefully this time a big electric fence, meant to stop dinosaurs, does it's job properly if a kid grabs onto it.

I think it's hard to create awe for the franchise now. We've had a let down sequel, a poor second sequel, and video games that have over done the whole concept. There had never been a film quite like JP, especially special effects wise for dinosaurs, when it came out and that enough created awe. And I have to imagine when Speilberg saw that finished footage, he would have had to been an idiot not to be able to create an awe-inspiring trailer.

This initial trailer gives me worry; worry that it will be all the things I hoped it would not be. Essentially a more serious JPIII. And my goodness that guy, I assume the lead male actor, was boring. Did somebody tell him to was okay to act? 'cause he didn't get the memo. Not even a TPS report.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014
    Not surprisingly, I feel exactly the opposite of Justin here. Let-down sequel? Far from it -- THE LOST WORLD is a fantastic film, vastly underrated. JP3 was great too. Also, the Telltale JP game from a couple of years ago was very successful in taking you back to the atmosphere of the original.

Oh....and what's up with all the kid hate here? OK, so I also find American kids acting 'as adults' quite annoying, but I don't think that was the case in any of the JP films.

I'm also skeptical of the first part of the new trailer, but all these negative reactions I'm seeing seem totally out-of-place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2014
    Thor wrote
    Oh....and what's up with all the kid hate here? OK, so I also find American kids acting 'as adults' quite annoying, but I don't think that was the case in any of the JP films.

This leads me to believe you haven't actually watched any of the Jurassic Park films. Perhaps you've been mistaking them for some old Ray Harryhausen films? It's the only logical conclusion.